1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Chen, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I was content with an ok look from the point of view of the default camera and as soon as that was achieved i touched it no more. The intended use was as a portrait from that camera angle and nothing else.
    Of course if you want different camera angles the pupils need to be adjusted quite a bit, just as you point out. This characters suffers from strabism if you watch it from the front, you're right. The pupils aren't even round because they need to be on an oblique plane to appear correctly from the point of view of the portrait camera.
    I understand that you would consider this more useful if you could freely set the angle of the portrait camera without it getting ugly, if i'm not misunderstanding.
    It can be done without a doubt and I certainly will now that you ask, but it was not my original intent.
    So much for my excuses. I'll be updating the post with more accurately made pupils that maintain a decent look from all directions at my earliest possibility.

2. MadMax

MadMax

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Screenshot_2.jpg Screenshot_1.jpg Hello guys, i need help with this model, can someone remove cape,glow,sword,and glow in eyes from this model , and add an animation of the Stand Victory that is paused

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  3. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Cuore - Right, to be frank I did not check it in-game, but merely in Magos. If they appear fine in-game, that's more than enough. Your technique is actually more sensible, and accurate to the way Blizzard handles things - most of the portraits featuring pupils have them look a little bit messed up from angles other than the intended one. If it looks good in-game, don't bother making changes! Although I still think maybe enlarging the pupils slightly might be a harmless improvement.

4. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Lol i already made them XD it's been super quick now you can change the camera without the guy's eyes becoming superweird. Just check back in 2 mins or so.

Slight announcement: Models updated now. Applied changes to the original post.

Slighter programmatic announcement II: Priest, Sorceress, Elven Footman, Elven Archer and etc are on their way in the next future. All depends on the amount of available time.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  5. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Eye detail for elven units' portraits

A little more detail to the eyes of the elven units portraits thanks to extremely simple edits.
    Instructions: Download a portrait, set its import path and enjoy. HE means High elf, BE means blood elf.
    Attached testmaps have the right path set up for one of two races:
    - high elf: high elf testmap
    - blood elf: blood elf testmap

• SorceressNew.png Catturii.JPG Catturaaa.JPG Archor.png CatturaIII.JPG Swordsman.png CatturaIV.png
      files attached below the post

• New pupils for elves

Description: same as other elven portrait modifications by me. Adding well-defined pupils and suitable glow to high- and blood- elven versions of the vanilla units
      Resource Type: model
      Filesize: identical to vanilla
      Credits: (Credits to Cuore??? rly? nah)
      Path: no custom textures needed

Note: for Kael'thas please refer to the post: Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread
    NoteII: for a high elven peasant portrait please refer to the work of @ILH you can find at: Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread
    Note III: for living Sylvanas, an edit I made previously adds better detail overall, so I recommend using that instead of making small upgrades to the vanilla Sylvanas's portrait. You can find the suggested portrait models here: Simple variations on Sylvanas
    NoteIV: [warning] the high elven dragonhawk rider portrait will probably not be able to be applied to the corresponding unit, because the original dragonhawk for the high elves has a built-in portrait camera. [NoteIV Errata corrige]: this should be no problem, see the correction in @Himperion intervention below (Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread)

Updatelist
    2017.07.27:
    • [addition] now Archer added to the bunch of improved portraits.
    • [update] added the proverbial elven eyebrows to the sorceress portraits.
    • [update] added elven eyebrows to the dragonhawk rider portraits too.
    • [addition] added priest portraits with eyebrows. Pupils will be considered in the future, for now I like them better without.
    • [addition] added swordsman portraits.
    • [addition] added villager portraits.
    2017.07.30:
    • [update] added elf ears and eyeglow to the villager portraits.
    2017.07.31:
    • [addition] added a High elf testmap and a blood elf testmap with portraits already imported to the proper paths, for ease of use.
    see also
    Here I list some high/blood elven models from the resource database, whose portraits I consider of particularly high quality, their authors are especially praiseworthy in my opinion, and as far as elven portraits go these works should be imitated by future models.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  6. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Awesome!! :)

7. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    As more are made, I'll add them to the above post.
    A little puzzled with the priest as he has flashlight eyes by default, it's possible it's not worth it to put pupils there.

8. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just a random texture changing attempt. Might be useful.

• Phoenix Guardian

Description: Elite troop of Phoenix Flames. They will (hopefully) make an appearance at Darkness Returns campaign.
      Resource Type: Model [Re-Texture]
      Filesize: 260 KB
      Credits: [Mandator] Blizzard Entertainment, [Optional] Daffa the Mage

[​IMG]
    • [By Deolrin and Kyrbi0]
      [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  9. MadMax

MadMax

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hello guys, can someone help me with this request?, need to replace that sigil instead of current one
    Screenshot_33.jpg Screenshot_32.jpg House-Tyrell-Main-Shield (1).png

Attached Files:

10. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    What unit did you retexture (with what texture)?

11. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The shield of the Spell Breaker, and parts of his body with Phoenix skin. It's not much though, and just a few clicks away [REALLY FEW CLICKS AWAY].

EDIT :
    I'll get an in-game screenshot tomorrow or so.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    here ya go man (thank Deolrin).

13. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Added to the file. Thanked both of you in return :)

14. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:

• Silvermoon Sorceress

Description: A little re-skin/work of the normal RoC Sorceress the portrait head come from the TFT version without the weird area on the mouth. I was thinking into getting a cape with the phoenix simbol but my skin request never gets attention. On the good side, there are three options, Blond, Brown, Black Haired, i suppose you can spawn different versions to make a city look lively or for an easter egg on your barracks.
      Resource Type: Model
      Filesize: 145Kb per model
      Credits: Me
      Path:

[​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

About this; the Orc Blademaster has a inner portrait animation, but it shows the external Portrait model. From this you can assume that the game has a priority for Portrait.MDX before searching for the model inner Portrait animations.

Attached Files:

15. MadMax

MadMax

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hello guys, can someone cut this castle in many parts? (need like an pack to make a location) Screenshot_1.jpg 27662-b8a1639f206e61267bac5764f463d586.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Eye detail for night elven portraits
    <we're wasting time here>

• MaievEyes.JPG MaievEyesSilver.JPG

• Name

Description: self-understandable
      Resource Type: model
      Filesize: similar to vanilla portraits
      Credits: (Credits to @Cuore ???)
      Path: ()

[​IMG]

TEMP: as more are made and the existing ones are improved, this post will be progressively updated.

Attached Files:

17. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Is it only me or are her eyes looking like fel eyes? And i don't speak about the Pupil.

18. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You find me in agreement with you. That's some strange choice of the developers of The Frozen Throne. Being curious myself I googled this and there'su people on battlenet endlessly discussing why wardens have this eye color with no explanation.

Although green is the way blizard went with maiev's eyes, I'll add a silver-eyed variant next.

19. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Well i remember that a Warden did indeed betray Azeroth by letting Gul'dan get to Illidan.

20. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure this has little relationship to why the devs of frozen throne made maiev's eyes green. I'd say they wanted to have the eyes stand out in the dark of her helmet and standard silver eyes would have been too bland. Why green and not other colors, I have no idea beyond maybe someone thought green would be a color reminiscent of nature. Bad thinking because it screams "fel eyes!"

Wouldn't be the first bad thought in blizz history.