• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Level 19
That glowing rim has a geoset animation with animated color; the color of that geoset gradually changes between different shades of purple in a global sequence that has a duration of 1.5 seconds. I guess you just got confused when you saw the color is animated, and didn't know how to make it change between shades of blue.

I could change it without any problems, and it works in game. And for goodness' sake, you really don't need to use any custom textures for something this simple. Maybe I should properly recolor it to other colors (green, yellow, red) and upload all of them together.

It would be a good thing for this thread. He tried though, at least.

Level 15
That glowing rim has a geoset animation with animated color; the color of that geoset gradually changes between different shades of purple in a global sequence that has a duration of 1.5 seconds. I guess you just got confused when you saw the color is animated, and didn't know how to make it change between shades of blue.

I could change it without any problems, and it works in game. And for goodness' sake, you really don't need to use any custom textures for something this simple. Maybe I should properly recolor it to other colors (green, yellow, red) and upload all of them together.
If you could make it completely blue without any custom textures and working in-game, feel free to do so. I did that portal for a request and I have no personal attachment to it. The custom textures are only 6kb, though.
However, I still don't understand why does it not work in-game when I change the BGR colour code of the geoset animation.

Level 21
If you could make it completely blue without any custom textures and working in-game, feel free to do so.
Here they are:

Resources

Screenshot

Shimmering Portals

Description: Five different colored Shimmering Portals. (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple)
Resource Type: Models
Filesize: 71 KB
Credits: No one

Portals.png

*The purple one is not the same as the standard portal.
The custom textures are only 6kb, though.
Still, they are unnecessary.
However, I still don't understand why does it not work in-game when I change the BGR colour code of the geoset animation.
I couldn't replicate the problem, so I don't know.

Attachments

• ShimmeringPortals.zip
    70.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Level 21
Nice. I assume you used team color and team glow?
I thought about it, but I didn't think team color and team glow could have worked on all parts of the portal. I just changed the geoset animation colors, and replaced Textures\Purple_Glow.blp and Textures\Purple_Star.blp with red/yellow/green/blue star and glow textures.

Last edited:
Level 19
I thought about it, but I didn't think team color and team glow could have worked on all parts of the portal. I just changed the geoset animation colors, and replaced Textures\Purple_Glow.blp and Textures\Purple_Star.blp with red/yellow/green/blue star and glow textures.

Oh I see, nice final result ;)

Lel, I'm stupid as hell. I had changed the texture path in the model but I didn't change the paths in my test map. That's why it didn't work. I've updated it now.

We learn something new everyday. Cheers!

Level 19

Resources

Screenshot

Blue replay icons

Description: a blue version of the replay icons, as yellow doesn't fit so much for me.
Resource Type: Icon
Filesize: around 28,2kb all together
Credits: Paillan
Path: ReplaceableTextures/CommandButtons/BTNReplay-(loop, play, speed-up, speed-down or stop).blp ReplaceableTextures/CommandButtonsDisabled/DISBTNReplay-(loop, play, speed-up, speed-down or stop).blp

full
full
full
full
full

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Excellent! Thanks a bunch and for the quick reply. Have some cookies <3

If I may, I have another simple request. @Hermit

I would like two completely flat square models, that's using the ingame textures found under ReplaceableTextures/Splats/ScorchedUberSplat.blp and the CraterUberSplat.blp

For your convenience, I've uploaded the two textures. In TGA format, however. The alpha channels will do a nice job creating some great ruined ground like texture/doodads for any tileset.

Attachments

• ScorchedUberSplat.TGA
    64 KB · Views: 111
  • CraterUberSplat.TGA
    64 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Level 21
Have some cookies <3
WOW! 25 rep for that?
I would like two completely flat square models, that's using the ingame textures found under ReplaceableTextures/Splats/ScorchedUberSplat.blp and the CraterUberSplat.blp
How about these? Also, do you want them to have animations (birth and death)?
For your convenience, I've uploaded the two textures. In TGA format, however.
I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with them...

Attachments

• Crater1.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Crater2.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 152

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Awesome man! Nope, they're perfect this way.

With and Without.

with.jpg without.jpg

I actually have a simillar request if you're up for it :) @Hermit
I require two more flat square models but this time using these ingame textures.

BloodSput.blp

BloodSplut.blp

<3

Also, you should definitely upload these to our resource section. They're very useful :)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Thanks once again!

Yeah, I know. But I never really liked that variation.

Also, after editing the alpha channel a bit, I gave the textures some more transparency. Making the blood blend in with the terrain. I've attached the edited versions to this post.

blood.jpg

Just remove the NEW and NEW2.

Textures\BloodSplut.blp

Textures\BloodSput.blp

Attachments

• BloodSplutNEW2.blp
    5.6 KB · Views: 81
  • BloodSputNEW.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Level 21
Also, after editing the alpha channel a bit, I gave the textures some more transparency. Making the blood blend in with the terrain.
You don't need to import custom textures to change the transparency. You can easily do it with Magos' Model Editor. Open the model and just go to Windows -->Material Manager, open the material's layer and change the Alpha value (it's currently 1). To make it more transparent, just change it to 0.5 or any value smaller than 1.

Last edited:
Level 21
something very similar was done but with a Bandit ---> Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
You can do that with MatrixEater. Download the latest version from my post in this thread.
This video tutorial shows you how to transfer weapons (from one unit to another) and this one teaches you about animation transfers.

You can also transfer animations with Oinkerwinkle's Animation Transfer. You can download it here, and read this tutorial. You can even apply the tutorial to Matrix Eater, since it already has the same tool built-in (File -> Simple Import).

Level 10
Description Sylvanas' icon recolored to fit Shandris since Shandris' icon does not show her well. Recolored with GIMP 2
Filesize 6.82kb.
Paths BTN----ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNShandris.blp DISBTN----ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNShandris.blp
(You can replace the BTNShandris and DISBTNShandris with what you please as long as you keep the BTN and DISBTN there.)
Sylvanas-Shandris.png

File is found below :)

Attachments

• BTNShandrisNew.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 65
Level 10
I chose grey for the Hood because Warcraft's was green and matched one of the available team colors, Grey is neutral and that's why I chose that, I looked at Shandris' model in the Model Viewer and matched the trims or the ends of the hood(the pink one) and I only used the airbrush and a little changing of the hue or was that saturation.

Level 12
I chose grey for the Hood because Warcraft's was green and matched one of the available team colors, Grey is neutral and that's why I chose that, I looked at Shandris' model in the Model Viewer and matched the trims or the ends of the hood(the pink one) and I only used the airbrush and a little changing of the hue or was that saturation.
The normal icon hood has a bit of variety in color. It has some shadowy bits.

Level 21
Could somebody add tc to the blue roofs on this this skin made by kantarion?

TownHallCastleKeep.blp
He added roof tiles in some parts of the skin where there normally isn't any team color.
TownHall.png

It's impossible to add team color to the roof of the clock tower without editing the model.

Last edited: