• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pikeman

A Footman with a Spear...
And NO, the animation is NOT similar to a Felguard...
Most animation is edited from the standard Footman/Bandit model...
However, 'Attack - 1' and 'Attack - 2' animation is nearly the same except the angle of attack differs...
And YES, this one has an edited 'Drink Water Canister' animation too...

NOTE : Some of you may notice there is another (not usable in-game) animation called 'Halberd'...
This animation is an attack sequence with the model slashing down with his spear...
It is left in the model in-case anyone wanted to switch the spear for a halberd...
But mind you, this model have 2 spear geosets... So do the switch properly...

Keywords:
Footman, Human, Alliance, Spearman, Pikeman, Halberdier, Lancer
Contents

Pikeman (Model)

Reviews
14:17, 25th Aug 2012 HappyTauren: Possibly the best and most usable "pikeman" model around. Very nice, and very nice animations :) Why don't you make the Halberd variation as well? I can make you a halberd if you want, you just attach it and change...

M

14:17, 25th Aug 2012
HappyTauren: Possibly the best and most usable "pikeman" model around. Very nice, and very nice animations :) Why don't you make the Halberd variation as well? I can make you a halberd if you want, you just attach it and change animation names :)

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

You make great, useful, and low file-size models. Keep at it, I'll be looking forward to what you make next!

Pretty cool. Always great to see footmen using different weapons.

I saw a footman archer in some 300 game a long time ago (not the one with like 8 heroes vs NPC's, but the strategy war one that nobody sees and I can't manage to find).

Anyway, I can't manage to find that map or the model. Would be awesome if somebody made a footman archer and uploaded it to hive; then people could have all sorts of troops capable of switching weapons and such.

Edit: You did make a footman archer, only two weeks ago! I didn't notice that. Been wanting one for a long time.

4/5, mostly due to how useful it will be to people.

Last edited:
Level 1
i agree a halberd instead of a spear would be nice i use all of your footman models you all ready have a spearman

Pretty cool. Always great to see footmen using different weapons.

I saw a footman archer in some 300 game a long time ago (not the one with like 8 heroes vs NPC's, but the strategy war one that nobody sees and I can't manage to find).

Anyway, I can't manage to find that map or the model. Would be awesome if somebody made a footman archer and uploaded it to hive; then people could have all sorts of troops capable of switching weapons and such.

Edit: You did make a footman archer, only two weeks ago! I didn't notice that. Been wanting one for a long time.

4/5, mostly due to how useful it will be to people.
Uploader of this model also made a footman archer, check it out!

Level 17
i tested these guys
they look nice properly working and looking nice with the long pike!
its good to see footman with diffrent wepons as always