• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hive's Battlefield] - A community Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
You might not understand: Most of the terrain is already finished by MOrtar, Xarwin and me. It's only some polish work for the bases. And you should provide some screenshots to show that you are up to the task of doing so ( the current one you did are no prooves of that, to be honest), instead of being rude.!

Level 5
As Morbid said, you really not understand. I dont want to spam more, but there is a difference between map and a terrain. The thing is, as M0rbid said, they need to "finish" the bases, and that is terrain. The screenshot you showed us looks like your skills in terraining. I don't want to be rude, but the terrain is good for meele map, but its really bad for this project.

And, you are saying that they should let you in the team, and give you their map so you can probably do something bad with it? Man, they probably don't even let me in their team, because my terrain is good, but incomplete. So you just come here and say: GIMMIE THE MAP SO I CAN DO SOMETHING ABSOLUTELY COOL WITH IT AND THEN IT WILL BE PERFECT!"

Man, there are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better terrainers then you and me.

Level 5
Debode: Yea, thats what i mean. My terrain is not good, cuz its incomplete. I worked on it for like hour, so if i worked harder it could have been better. But im lazy :grin:

Bobanzanko: Then made something new! And post screen! They wont hire you just because you say so.

Level 23
Debode: Yea, thats what i mean. My terrain is not good, cuz its incomplete. I worked on it for like hour, so if i worked harder it could have been better. But im lazy :grin:

Bobanzanko: Then made something new! And post screen! They wont hire you just because you say so.

If you only worked an hour, I strongly suggest you to put more effort into it if you want to get this job. Because it's not for lazy peeps .
You should stronlgy consider updating it and post new screenshots in that case!

Guys, I need a modeler for my hero. Anyone able to help?
Here is what I need: You guys know that snow storm weather effect from the game? I want that storm, but instead of raining snow flakes, I would like it to rain fire sparks and it should be intensive (like the snow weather storm). I talked to Xarwin and it counts as an effect.

Thanks in advance, Flame_Phoenix.

As for the terrain ... I pretty much agree with m0rbid: this is not for lazy people :p

Level 5
well, im lazy to make examples :grin: if i had to make real terrain, that would shock me up.
So, tell me what i have to do and i will do that, even at the cost of my own life :grin:

Level 19
The terrain done by MortAr- is approved.
It looks perfect, an unexpected but awesome suprise :)

Edit: added screenshots.

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
  • screen3.png
    screen3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 141
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
Base "like DotA" but much more better and awesome and different buildings etc.
Please NO !!!!, what happened to all our ideas ? To the CASTLE with walls an archers ? To the cathedral ! Please do NOT make a cheap copy of a Dota's base, Please make a fortification with gates and walls, a castle :S

ORly: Your 3rd skill does not upgrade the ultimate (and it should). What is it? An aura? An active spell?
Your ulti needs a better description, I can't understand what it says ... xD

Level 23
This one:

It's still not smoothened and the colours of the buildings are not yet fitting, but that's because my World Editor started lagging... :/ And I'm not yet up to fix that!
My aim with it was to go away from those standard dota or aos bases!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 72
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 87
Level 19
May I please remind EVERYONE that we are still in ALPHA and BETA.
This means that the map will be finalized with all ideas later.
M0rbid, you know it was hard make it suiting the terrain. It swallowed a lot of time however we can do it once we're relaxed with our first version out.

The main goal now is to FINISH the map.

Then you should focus a lot on the items too soon! :O ... Also, I would like to know how you get them: Drop from creeps? Buyable in base-stores? Rewards from mini optional quests? Anything else epic?
Then you should read the Items thread.
But I agree with some of the question. Will beasts drop items for us to build recipes?
Will we have caravans and all that stuff? Just asking.

IGNORED this project? He kinda made it hosted, you know.
"with all the other (...)"
Personally that's the only thing he ever did for the project. To promote Xarwin in order to create the forums and everything else. Xarwin did all the work, Ralle did nothing.
And btw, I don't like Ralle that much ... I think it is obvious now xD

As for special guys: there should be no exceptions IMO. Ralle can be God, I don't care. Rules should apply to everyone, that's why they are rules.
If I come here and make 1 post with an idea, does that mean I deserve my name on the map? No. Same with Ralle. He didn't even gave the idea.

Anyway back on topic, any news on the terrain?
Debode, are you an icon maker or a model maker? :p

Level 11
I meant special as in owner, hes is above everyone else here, if nothing, then because he pays for the site (although now equal with TWIF)...
Rules still apply to him, but he won't break them. He was the one who set em yp to run the site the way he likes. Why break things you like on purpose?

So basically you put him on the project because he pays for the site? What about that guy who donated 700$ to THW ? Shouldn't he also be on the project? After all Ralle moved the server with HIS money and Ralle is paying the server with a great part from the donors. Which brings me to the question: shouldn't we include all donors then?

This discussion is way too off-topic now. Conclude whatever you want, I won't talk about this matter again.

Level 11
We will include anyone who contributes to the site. People who donate are (usually) people who like this site and have contributed to it in other ways. So yes they will be included.
Did you bother to read that heroes will be made of people who contribute to this site, not this project. That was added so a newer member, not so well know can get him self in. Got it?

Level 19
Please NO !!!!, what happened to all our ideas ? To the CASTLE with walls an archers ? To the cathedral ! Please do NOT make a cheap copy of a Dota's base, Please make a fortification with gates and walls, a castle :S

No the ideas are not dead nor burrowed. The alpha/beta stage of the map will have the terrain showed above. The whole thing was to make a simple, yet nice terrain.

Just wondering why my concept for the human style base was totally skipped?

To be honest this new version looks quite flat :/

Again, the concept is not skipped, it is currently cancelled. This version is indeed flat and simple, but that's what you'll have for the alpha version.

And, yes, Ralle did almost nothing, and you can't imagine how much we've waited in order to receive the answer for will it be hosted on THW or not. After all, this is what we got for now.

Level 5
maybe you could make some kind of magic forest fortress for the good guyz and human tech-like base for the bad guyz.
I can try to make examples.

Level 5
nope my acc was stolen ...

===EDIT===
you remember my ORPG map Ancient world when hacker stoled the acc and the orpg map was beta i waited 2 days and somehow the map crashed and the other day when i wrote username and password succes! but the map deleted :S

The image is not bad at all. it looks like the entrance to a hell city in fact. What about a fortress ? I mean, in HB there will be a fortress and not a hell city, so we kinda need to see a fortress or a castle.

IIRC, the map will be Humans vs Orcs, so no demons will be allowed. Making castle with human resources may be easy, but THW is weak in Orc castle stuff. You may want to consider this aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.