• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive fanboy/girl debate. Why the ps3 will rule on 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Lol ok i'm going to get flamed so hard by the 360 lovers, but I would like to see their reaction. Let's have a debate ... i'm going to put a topic and fan boys and girls from both teams (ps3 and 360) can argue out the topic.

Why the PS3 will kick the 360's ass in 2009.... this is the title. Read below for why I am saying this. I have put a list of the ps3 exclusives and why they will push the ps3 up.
Yes I know I fucked up the title and accidentaly put 2010 instead of 2009... ITS 2009 NOT 2010 OK sorry my bad.

KILLZONE 2 - the best console graphics so far seen out of any console game, this shooter is fuking awesome. Already got many very positive reviews. The most hyped game on the internet at the moment.

WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES - A 4 player online, 100 + hour RPG with amazing graphics. It's only been out in japan so far and sold over 200k in a week.

GRAN TURISMO 5!!!!!! - Ok what can I say, the best racing game ever going to come out, with the best graphics. Hands down THE best driving simulator ever. It's been like 500 years in the making for this game, and in 09 it is here!

GOD OF WAR 3 - OMG what can I say it's god of war 3 the fuking best hack and slash game eveeer! if you haven't played gow1 or 2 then go buy urself the game on ps2. cant wait for the demo coming in a few months

UNCHARTED 2, Among Thieves - uncharted one was easily the best single player experience ever with amazing graphics and gameplay. This is going to be even better... a new island with even better graphics and is going to be the first game ever to use around 80-100% of the ps3's power.

HOME - the full version of home, a hd world where psn users can chat, play games and set up games and more...

HEAVY RAIN - you haven't seen detail on games if you haven't seen heavy rain. heavy rain kicks crysis up the butt.

MAG - mag ... massive action game. A 256 player online modern warfare game which is going to be iiinsane!!! (this might be 2010 though). Developed by zipper interactive (the creators of socom so it must be good)

INFAMOUS - well I don't know much about this, besides the fact that it's 3rd person (i think) and has guns and some small super powers. The gameplay in this game is fucking amazing.

YAKUZA 3 - Eh don't know much about this game except for it's set in japan and it's got stuff to do with the yakuza gang. Visuals look nice though.

Ratchet and Clank 2 - Well it's ratchet and clank, a fun and enjoyable series. I don't think I need to explain this.

DC Universe- A superhero MMO game

FF13 versus - I think that's the name ... FF something versus or something. Well I don't know much about FF games but I know they're big.

Demon's Souls - A medievil rpg/adventure which looks really good, especially the huge beasts

Quantom Theory - Not sure what this is but it looks really good. Looks a bit like UT3

Wardevil: Unleash the Beast Within - Not sure what this is, but it is based in a post apocalyptic world

X-edge - An rpg starring characters from a few older famous games

Yakuza: Kenzan! - Another yaukza game which is set 400 years in the past.

L.A Noire - A detective story set in the 1940's. Players must solve the mystery to catch the murderer.

Twisted Metal - A fast paced game with vehicles ( i think guns aswell) and destruction

PLAY TV - An accessory which you plug into your ps3 and t.v and it allows you to record t.v whilst playing your ps3, and allows you to record your games. An easy and affordable way to do this and it just saves the t.v shows/your games on ur hdd

ALSO the ps3 price cut is coming at around march or aprilI beleive, the ps3's first price cut hooray. That's a major point. Very very likely chance, as apparently it has been leaked.

Also blu-ray popularity is rising very fast, 2008 was a huge increase in blu-ray players, 2009 will be even better.

Also looks like the mass effect trilogy is coming to ps3.

Also resistance 3 has been announced but I doubt it will be either 09 or maybe not even 010.
Umm I think that's all... I will edit if I missed some out. NOW onto the 360 list

360 exclusive list of 09.... halo wars... omg halo wars how cool hey omfg yeah cool. NOT

Come on fanboys and girls join in I want a debate. No flaming at each others faces, just debate.

Last edited:
Level 5
FUCK I fucked the title... its 2009 NOT 010... if an admin could fix it up that would be really cool thanks. Anyway let's debate, don't flame each other just argue the point.

AND please moderators don't be lame and close this, it's not hurting anyone ... it's the big hive fanboy debate!!! Ok thanks moderators if you must close it ... which you shouldnt dont for a while, because this will be enjoyable for everyone, anybody can jump in and say their OWN OPINIONS... thanks. Let's get cracking, no flaming each other, just debate the topic.

Yes I know there's several typos, bad grammar and a bit of swearing ... so sorry for that but I think it's understandable (if that's a word lol).

Lol omg I forgot about uncharted 2 among thieves, putting in now.

Forgot about ff12 versus or whatever its called

Also if this is popular and doesn't go out of control, then i'll definately make more.

Last edited:
Level 25
AND please moderators don't be lame and close this, it's not hurting anyone ... it's the big hive fanboy debate!!! Ok thanks moderators if you must close it ... which you shouldnt dont for a while, because this will be enjoyable for everyone, anybody can jump in and say their OWN OPINIONS... thanks. Let's get cracking, no flaming each other, just debate the topic.

I'll close it when it goes out of control. Not 'if', when.

So, I completely disagree with your points up top about this pricey as hell system. Oh sure, its actually at an affordable price over my end nowerdays, but seeing as there's still nothing I actually care about on it

KILLZONE 2 - the best console graphics so far seen out of any console game, this shooter is fuking awesome.

The day graphics can actually make a game will be a sad day. Y'know what'll happen if they only have shiny graphics but no gameplay? It'll fail, that's what

WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES - A 4 player online, 100 + hour RPG with amazing graphics. It's only been out in japan so far and sold over 100k in a day.

Eh, I'm not famillier with it, however I do know that Japan and America are two completely different markets. The 360 fails in Japan because of this

GRAN TURISMO 5!!!!!! - Ok what can I say, the best racing game ever going to come out, with the best graphics. Hands down THE best driving simulator ever. It's been like 500 years in the making for this game, and in 09 it is here!

Most gamers don't want realistic driving simulators, they want games where they can drive cars off ramps, land on a cop car, cause a massive explosion, and drive away unscathed. GTA 4 and Saints Row 2 are going to pretty much dominate this game simple because they're more fun

Driving simulators are for a niche audience. The mainstream aren't going to care terribly much and instead go for the cheap laughs and fun gameplay provided by other games. Who cares if it isn't realistic? At least its fun

Oh, and I believe we already dealt with the fact I didn't care about graphics earlier so yes

GOD OF WAR 3 - OMG what can I say it's god of war 3 the fuking best hack and slash game eveeer! if you haven't played gow1 or 2 then go buy urself the game on ps2. cant wait for the demo coming in a few months

This one I'll give you

UNCHARTED 2, Among Thieves - uncharted one was easily the best single player experience ever with amazing graphics and gameplay. This is going to be even better... a new island with even better graphics and is going to be the first game ever to use around 80-100% of the ps3's power.

No, the best single player experiance ever with amazing graphics and gameplay is Cave Story. Oh sure, they're not realistic, but its a fun game that is awesome

And I'm not impressed by it using so much of the power. I'd prefer a game that didn't use so much but was polished to a mirror shine. Like Cave Story

HOME - the full version of home, a hd world where psn users can chat, play games and set up games and more...

... So its a toned down version of Second Life without the cybersex?

HEAVY RAIN - you haven't seen detail on games if you haven't seen heavy rain. heavy rain kicks crysis up the butt.

You DO know this guy's last game was Indigo Prophecy/Farenhite, don't you? Who cares how nice it looks when its going to end up a pretentious confusing mindfuck where the Internet is an old lady in a wheelchair who has a ton of ravens or something like that. This is an obnoxiously niche thing

Also you appear to love graphics. Tell me, if I were to show you Sonic 3 and Knuckles, a game that I would rate in the top ten, would you explode from its lack of realistic graphics?

MAG - mag ... massive action game. A 256 player online modern warfare game which is going to be iiinsane!!! (this might be 2010 though)

Sounds laggy. Who's making it?

DC world - I think that's the name, some awesome super hero game with like everyone in it batman, superman all that yeah super hero fans will enjoy it.

Because superhero fans are total gamers, and every game based off a franchise doesn't have a 75% chance of being complete shite

ALSO the ps3 price cut is coming at around march I beleive, the ps3's first price cut hooray. That's a major point.

Yeah, well they're gonna have to cut it pretty hard for me to pay almost $1000 on it

Also resistance 3 has been announced but I doubt it will be either 09 or maybe not even 010. I'm sure there will also be another ratchet and clank game since insomniac seems to make them so fast.

Seeing as Ratchet and Clank is a good series, I'll give you that one as well. Resistance however I'm a bit iffy on

360 exclusive list of 09.... halo wars... omg halo wars how cool hey omfg yeah cool. NOT

You DO know that Halo is an absolute behemoth of a marketing machine and has the selling power to draw in thousands? Franchises always draw in players, especially ones that have proven themselves like Halo

Anywho, I don't care about any of that for 2009. You know why? Because while you're busying yourself with that, Cave Story is coming out on Wii-Ware with updated graphics, new music, and 3 save slots. In fact, you should all play the computer version right now so you'll stop being impressed by such simple things as high detail models and instead focus on the true joys of video games: The gameplay, and the storytelling

Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari), A Tribute Site

Level 17
Let me sum it up for you bobo11: Metal gear solid 4, Resistance 2, Little big planet, and a plethora of other great exclusives.

Playstation 3 is still in third place. The line up for 2009's PS3 exclusives, is worse than 2008. You fail to realize that the 360 doesn't only get its fan base from the exclusive titles, but it sells many many more third party titles (Call of duty 5, Prince of Persia, Fallout 3...) and some third party titles not on the PS3 (Mass effect, Left 4 dead...) than the PS3.

So while raging fanboys can scream all they want about how the Playstation 3 has exclusives, still doesn't beat facts and figures that it is not as profitable as the 360. Therefore, it does not "Rule". Microsoft knows how to advertise and sell their products, Sony shits bricks and can't market their console for fuck.

Mmk baibai.

(Note: bobo, work on your sentence structure because I can hardly read that shit post)

Level 34
Mecheon, I'm downloading that cave game right now, I'll let you know how it goes.

So the PS3 is finally getting some games? I'm glad to see that, but it's a bit late for me, I've got my 360 and I ain't getting another system. Maybe I'll tell my brother to get a PS3 since he's on the fence.

Oh and I doubt you did your research on the 360, it has games coming out in 2009.
Star Ocean 4
Champions Online
Alan Wake
Mass Effect 2
Forza 3
Probably something from Rare

Level 36
I just got a PS3 for christmas. The games I have on it so far (metal gear solid 4 and fallout 3) are really not that impressive as far as graphics go, but I'm sure that much better ones will come out soon.

Guitar hero world tour looks REALLY good and that's what I'm getting next.

@Mecheon: Well right now it costs $500, and it will drop to about $300, so you will end up spending as much on a PS3 as you would've on your 360.

You wish.

The PS3 actually makes Sony lose money (cost of production > sell value). They're not getting price cuts anytime soon.

Most of those games will be pretty cool, I bet. Heavy Rain looks alright, Killzone 2 looks like a lot of fun and Uncharted 2 will obviously be great, but this isn't going to make the PS3 suddenly the best console ever and sell millions more than the 360.

For example, Halo 3: ODST (expansion to Halo 3) is out 2009. For the 360. Hell, the 360 has FEAR 2, Mass Effect 2, etc.

No, this is the year when people will realise the PS3 is actually a capable console. Equal to the 360, but not necessarily better. This is the year people might start to lose interest in the Wii as a hardcore gamer console, yet it will still crush Sony and MS because of the sheer amount of casual crowd it'll draw in.

I'm glad to see the PS3 won't die, I like healthy competition. But they're not dominating yet.

Level 5
@ mecheon

No I don't love graphics i'm just putting in a few facts about the game. Killzone 2 gameplay is awesome, from the gameplay videos i've seen and the people talking about the beta, they are saying goty.

MAG won't be laggy... they wouldn't make it 256 players online if it was going to lag. Look at resistance 2, 60 player matches with not a drop of lag... not one tiny bit... at all. Sure mag has a hell of a lot more players, but i'm sure it's possible.

So what if you don't love realistic driving simulators, lots of people do. It will sell bucket loads, it's gran turismo buddy.

Well i'm not going to play that cave game but I still bet uncharted is better, uncharted 2 will own that cave game even more.

Yes HOME isn't fucking awesome, but it's free and it's pretty cool, it's not like a game you will be playing all the time. Besides the fact that some nerdy gamers harass women on it (i'll admit that is a bad part on it).

@willthealmighty

I think it is getting a cut anyway, they are making a tone off the playstation store. And fear 2 is on the ps3 aswell buddy. They announced the cut anyway.

@ void

Strange I think it was spike who gave MGS4 best graphics game of the year. Well ur opinion I guess.

Thanks for your opinions though. Keep putting in everyone and don't flame as I want this to stay because it is a good topic to talk about.

Last edited:
Level 5
Ah forgot about that FF versus game ... I think it's FF12 versus or something like that. I don't know the name as I don't know much about final fantasy games.

Also put in play t.v

Shit forgot infamous. Putting on the list now.

Last edited:
Level 25
DON'T DOUBLE POST. God dammit

No I don't love graphics i'm just putting in a few facts about the game. Killzone 2 gameplay is awesome, from the gameplay videos i've seen and the people talking about the beta, they are saying goty.

I'll believe it when I see it. And considering how many games you mentioned as having great graphics, it was a decent assumption to make

MAG won't be laggy... they wouldn't make it 256 players online if it was going to lag. Look at resistance 2, 60 player matches with not a drop of lag... not one tiny bit... at all. Sure mag has a hell of a lot more players, but i'm sure it's possible.

Ahahahahaha! I see you don't know how networks work

It will lag. Try playing Warcraft against someone from Australia or something, notice that lag? Imagine how much worse that 500 ms is going to get with 256 people. Unless they have the mother of all protocols or some nice work-arounds, they're going to lag

So what if you don't love realistic driving simulators, lots of people do. It will sell bucket loads, it's gran turismo buddy.

GTA 4 and SR 2 will still sell more than it

Well i'm not going to play that cave game but I still bet uncharted is better, uncharted 2 will own that cave game even more.

No. It won't. Cave Story is one of the gaming classics. Uncharted is just a puzzle solver/action hybrid that looks pretty but has nothing terribly unique going for it

Go play Cave Story you uneducated fool and understand why solid gameplay will kick the ass of shiny graphics any day of the week. You do yourself a disservice by not playing that game and may as well not even call yourself a gamer if you're not going to play a game that is easily the greatest indie game ever developed

Yes HOME isn't fucking awesome, but it's free and it's pretty cool, it's not like a game you will be playing all the time. Besides the fact that some nerdy gamers harass women on it (i'll admit that is a bad part on it).

You don't know the half of what a nightmare it will end up to be. However, as I said, its basically just Second Life but without the custom content creation. It isn't going to draw in people when there's 2001 different things that do the same job but better on the internet

PLAY TV - An accessory which you plug into your ps3 and t.v and it allows you to record t.v whilst playing your ps3, and allows you to record your games. An easy and affordable way to do this and it just saves the t.v shows/your games on ur hdd

Wow. Now if only devices like this hadn't been out for a fair few years already, weren't horribly common, and would work on everything rather than just being single-platform

A gamebridge does the same job but works on every single console

Level 34
Remember that all the people playing the Beta are probably PS3 fanboys that will love anything that is supposed to be "good".

Level 5
@ mecheon how can you say gran turismo is crap. number 4 sold 10 million. gta4 is a completly different game! They have been working on this game for years and years. There was a show on the discovery channel about gran turismo 5 and the detail they have on the cars and stuff. Trust me mate it will sell big, there's a lot of gran turismo fans around, the series has been around for a long time.

Fuck is anyone else gonna say something besides mecheon?

Also @ mecheon and gilles go and watch some kz 2 gameplay.

Are you going to defend with your games? All you seem to be doing is making up crap about these games to make them sound crap. I haven't seen one good 09 exclusive for 360. Halo wars looks crap, stingy copy of sc2 but you have to use a friggin controller.

Level 34
Jeez you're defensive. Mecheon never said GT sucked, he actually never stated his own opinion on it. I also never said KZ sucked, I simply made a point that taking advice from Beta testers isn't always reliable.

I named you a bunch of 09 games for the 360, but you apparently ignored them.

Level 17
if you're not going to play a game that is easily the greatest indie game ever developed

I must disagree. Play World of Goo.
Are you going to defend with your games? All you seem to be doing is making up crap about these games to make them sound crap. I haven't seen one good 09 exclusive for 360. Halo wars looks crap, stingy copy of sc2 but you have to use a friggin controller.

See now, you're becoming desperate and your just throwing around insults like a fan boy. This website might suit you better SDF Sony Defense Force .

Oh and also, third party games will kick the shit out of any exclusive coming out for any console.

So I can hardly give a shit.

Level 5
@gilles fair enough I guess you didn't, sure did seem like it. My bad.

Yeah you named them but I have no idea what most of them are and why they will be better than the ps3 list.

@will yeah halo is freakishly popular, but that's just an add on. If people would buy the 360 for a dlc rather than the game, well that's strange. I'm sure all the 12 year olds will be back on halo saying your mum jokes when it comes out.

Looks like this site is covered in 360 fanboys, I am getting no love lol.

Level 25

I'm not a 360 fanboy, I just now how video games work. If anything I'm a Wii fanboy

Here's the November selling figures for the consoles, by the way

Wii--2,040,000
360--836,000
PS3 - 378,000

You see that? The PS3 is, and always has been, fucked. Screwed. Doomed. In the shitter. Soon to be slipping off the mortal coil. They flubbed the release, they flubbed the console, and they've been making mistakes ever since. Sure its powerful, but guess what? So was the Dreamcast

A bunch of shiny exclusives, that I poked holes in anyway, isn't going to save the PS3 any more than the plethora of high quality Dreamcast exclusives saved it

Level 34
Yeah you named them but I have no idea what most of them are and why they will be better than the ps3 list.

That's why you look them up. Most of the games you've posted I've looked up, or usually I've played the originals, and can hazard a guess as to the gameplay.

I'm not a 360 fanboy. I already said I'm glad to see the PS3 do well.

If anything I'm a Wii fanboy
Ewwwww :p

Here's the November selling figures for the consoles, by the way

Wii--2,040,000
360--836,000
PS3 - 378,000

You see that? The PS3 is, and always has been, fucked. Screwed. Doomed. In the shitter. Soon to be slipping off the mortal coil. They flubbed the release, they flubbed the console, and they've been making mistakes ever since. Sure its powerful, but guess what? So was the Dreamcast

A bunch of shiny exclusives, that I poked holes in anyway, isn't going to save the PS3 any more than the plethora of high quality Dreamcast exclusives saved it
I don't think so Mech. Japan will help keep it afloat, and the fact that it's made by a company that makes more than just video games. The exclusives coming out next year, should help. If there is a price cut, that should bolster sales a lot. It won't beat the 360 is sales, but it should start to do better.

Level 17
For example, Halo 3: ODST (expansion to Halo 3) is out 2009. For the 360. Hell, the 360 has FEAR 2, Mass Effect 2, etc.
F.E.A.R. 2 is on ps3; get your facts straight.

I just got a PS3 for christmas. The games I have on it so far (metal gear solid 4 and fallout 3) are really not that impressive as far as graphics go, but I'm sure that much better ones will come out soon.
You should have got Fallout 3 for PC/360. The ps3 version has inferior graphics and no downloadable content.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
bobo11 reeks of fanboyism (considering I generally support ps3 myself, most if not all of his comments are pathetic).

Level 13
I still say Wii will outdo them both.

Mostly because a lot of the games are fun, it's got the parent's seal of approval most of the time, and it's made by what is likely the mascot of Video game companies, which gives it a HUGE sale bonus by reputation alone.

Not to mention that around here, a lot of people are having a stupidly difficult time trying to get one, they still fly off the shelves.

Whenever I go into Gamestop, there's usually one or two 360s, about 5+ PS3s, but no Wiis. I think that speaks for itself.

Level 36
Metal Gear Solid 4 got a 10 out of 10 on game informer, but I know exactly why. It's because it's Metal Gear Solid, that's why. It's a "classic" amongst hardcore gamers. I'd give it more of a 7.5.

That was an addition to comments about good reviews coming from PS3 fanboys that like anything that's supposed to be good, by the way.

@WILL: The 360, however, has been around for two years longer than the PS3. That might make the difference... the PS3 has only been out for how long? Not even one year?

Level 5
@will I beleive ur wrong but i'm sure there's a lot of figures out there

wii: 43 mil
360: 26 mil
ps3: 19 mil

That's according to videogame chartz.

Guys if you didn't know this thread was more aimed at the 360 and ps3, the wii is a different style of gaming.

@ mecheon yeah well that's one month, and just under 400'000 is still a good number, even if the 360 over doubled it.

@void sure it's ur opinion. mgs4 got goty by some company (gamespot i think). I personally didn't like it a lot but I haven't played any of the other mgs.

Ok well let's have a vote. What consoles exclusives for 2009 do you think are better? (be honest)

PS3:
God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
Infamous
Massive Action Game
Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
Home
DC World
Final Fantasy (12 or 13) versus

360:
Star Ocean 4
Champions Online
Alan Wake
Mass Effect 2
Forza 3
Halo Wars

Well i'd prefer god of war 3 over any of them so ps3

Let me know if i've missed any out from the 360 or ps3 list

Level 17
Metal Gear Solid 4 got a 10 out of 10 on game informer, but I know exactly why. It's because it's Metal Gear Solid, that's why. It's a "classic" amongst hardcore gamers. I'd give it more of a 7.5.

That was an addition to comments about good reviews coming from PS3 fanboys that like anything that's supposed to be good, by the way.

@WILL: The 360, however, has been around for two years longer than the PS3. That might make the difference... the PS3 has only been out for how long? Not even one year?
No, the ps3 was released November 2008. The Xbox 360 was released November of 2005; a year earlier than the ps3. Mind you, the ps3 has been released over twice as long as you thought it had.

Level 5
@hvo what? the ps3 was released in 2007. It was released in japan in nov or dec 2006, but u.s, europe, canada, and all those big countries in 2007. I dunno but i'm just guessing the 360 has been around a bit over a year - 1 1/2 years longer. I will google and edit later.

Level 5
bobo, you missed half the 360 exclusives in your goddamn list. Hell, the only big hit you mention is Mass Effect 2. Do some research, seriously.

I said please tell me if I missed any out, but thanks for being helpful. I'd love to research them if ya gave me names.

Level 34
What I want to play are:

360:
Mass Effect 2
Star Ocean 4

PS3:
God of War 3
If I owned a PS3 I'd probably be excited for KZ2, but since I have my Gears 2, I'm content.

Level 17
@hvo what? the ps3 was released in 2007. It was released in japan in nov or dec 2006, but u.s, europe, canada, and all those big countries in 2007. I dunno but i'm just guessing the 360 has been around a bit over a year - 1 1/2 years longer. I will google and edit later.
No, it was released in November 2006 in North America. This is why you make sony fanboys look bad; you can't even get the facts about your own system straight.

Also, use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_in_video_gaming to create a fair list of 2009 games.

Level 5
I slightly regret getting ps3 because of the general lack of games and such, but its not that bad now atleast. But the fact that there is nothing i would really want to play for very long and that the ps3 versions of non-exclusives tending to be poor i just hardly ever play it.

Level 5
Fair enough then i'm wrong about the release date, I thought it was only japan because that's what I heard, but whatever! Sorry i'm not from the u.s

Also breaking news, I just heard sony ps3 manufacturing costs have been reduced by 35%, so looks like price cuts.

RTS don't seem to be good on console, but i've only played civilization revolution which was extremely crap so I dunno.

Also breaking news, I just heard sony ps3 manufacturing costs have been reduced by 35%, so looks like price cuts.

A logical move from Sony. Its about time they did too, and its nice to hear.

RTS don't seem to be good on console, but i've only played civilization revolution which was extremely crap so I dunno.

Goblin Commander was nice, CnC3 managed itself decently and World in Conflict also worked pretty well. RTS' on consoles exist, they just don't work as well as PC RTS'.

Level 5
Hey guys just thought I should post this here as it is relavent to our topic. This is vg chartz 20 most wanted games for 2009.

In the list there is 6 ps3 exclusives, and 3 x360 exclusives. There is NO x360 exclusives in the top 10, but there is 4 ps3 exclusives in the top 10.

Also halo wars is not in the top 20, but I think a lot of us can agree it shouldn't be in there anyway. (don't argue over this point)

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2722

Level 17
That's lame. Does the PS3 interface use it?
Yeah, it's browsing the web and the XMB a lot easier. Not to mention typing messages and such. Their is also a third-party controller with a mouse-like design, which can be used to play any game. I think it's called FragFX.

Attachments

• fragfx_large_1.jpg
    fragfx_large_1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 398
Level 26
I don´t quite understand why threads like this are even created. I mean: those are just some consoles. All with their advantages and disadvantages. And personally: I just got the ps3 because I also had the ps1&2 and I´m used to the controller for example.

No, it was released in November 2006 in North America. This is why you make sony fanboys look bad; you can't even get the facts about your own system straight.

Also, use 2009 in video gaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to create a fair list of 2009 games.

the only games from that lis that I would like to play will be made for ps3 and 360

Level 5
Yeah I sometimes take my keyboard out of my comp and put it in my ps3, makes things a lot easier.

Also adding yakuza 3, ratchet and clank 2 to the list. Not going to add any PSN games though.

@dondustin Nah they're fun, I like to see what other peoples opinions are on games and consoles.

Level 5
Ok well looks like this thread is dead. :( Anyway I thought i'd update the list for anyone who wants to read it. I will be adding the following to the list which I have forgotten.

Demon's Souls
Quantom Theory
Wardevil: Unleash the beast within
X-edge
Yakuza: Kenzan
L.A Noire
Twisted Metal

Not going to put in any PSN games on the list even though there is a tonne.

Also added that blu-ray popularity and sales are rising very fast.
Fixed some typos, names and descriptions.
Added that the mass effect trilogy is most likely coming to ps3 now (but definately not in 09)
Put in that basically every gaming forum around the place is saying that a ps3 price cut is coming in april, so might aswell put in.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading. For people who just joined the thread go read the first post, it is all in there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.