• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

!!!!ps3 update help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok so my dad bought some new blueray movies for his ps3. When he went to play them an error message came up saying that it needed the latest update in order to play. (This is why I pefer Xbox360.) So he went to the playstation website and downloaded the update into a USB drive (like the website said) BUT when he plugs it into the ps3- the ps3 doesnt identify the file, it says that "no applicable update data was found" and wont update.

Can someone please give support on how to get this update to work through the USB drive?

P.S.- we did the instructions on this site (including the "CAPs" for folders)
ps3 update site -
HTML:
http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/SystemUpdates/PS3/PC_Update.html

Level 15
Why do people argue on about which system is better? And then they defend their position no matter what with child like insults. Instead they could just realize that both systems are great pieces of technology and leave it at that.

Anyway, the movie or game should have the update on the disc and it should automatically realize it needs to update and prompt you to update. I have never come across a movie/game that didn't do that. Maybe you have bootleg or somthing.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Sephiroth_VII, thats only with the nentindo Wii.
All 360 games which need updates do not contain them (atleast the pal releases) as the 256 MB would be a waste of space to be honest.
The PS3 is probably the same as they also have huge updates.

In the end, its not big deal to just plug your consol into the internet and update directly. You do not even need to pay if you already have an internet.

Instead they could just realize that both systems are great pieces of technology and leave it at that.
Unfortunatly, they are not so great. Processor wise, the PS3 is pretty good, and the 360 still can give PCs a run for their money, but graphically, both are 4 generations behind. Both do not support DX10 let alone DX11 with its hardware acceleration of physics and tessilisation shaders (ammong the 3 new shaders). The PS3, which uses a reved up geforce 7 core, has only 1/12 of the transistors or less of the newset cards. RAM wise they are still 5 years behind the time, whereas modern PCs have 4 GB+, both have only 512 MB.
Thus they still are ok systems, but they are not really great pieces of technology anymore, especially since they lack good backwards compatibility with the previous generation and have extreem copywrite laws (stupid region lock that PCs do not have).

Level 15
Intresting info. I haven't studied what the systems have in them, because honestly I don't care. I have a computer with 6 gigs of ram, core i7, gtx 275, DirectX11. So thats way better than my ps3. Which I already kinda knew. What computer games do you recommend to really push my comp? If thats even possible lol. Tell me more about the copyright law thing too please. I appreciate you not flaming me which you very well could after I say somthing like that. How do you know all this? Just personal intrest beyond mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.