• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Hive Arena! Hiring Heroes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I challenge you to make the following hero: (Without VJASS, neither JASS):

models_2045_screenshot.jpg

Icon:
im4pwepyn3wl2kqbm7zf0.jpg

Hero Model
Missile Art 600 range
Sound Set: Shade
Damage base :20
Defense base: 2 (with stats)
Strength: 20 + 1.8
Agi: 25 + 2.8
Int: 17 + 1.7
Move Speed: 315
Spells:

picture.php
Malixus
Leeches 3/5/7/9 mana per attack from the target, purely damages the target for the ammount of mana leeched, if the target's mana is less than the amount that should be leeched, it will create a shadow vein with the level of shadow vein
Can be activly used to burn 55/70/85/100 mana from a target
MC: 55/70/85/100
Cool: 7

pas3rd.png
Shadow veins
Passively gives 30% chance in attack to deal 20/35/50/65% AoE damage on attack in 225 AoE, if the target has no allies in the AoE, he will be dealt 2x the normal ammount of bonus damage, AoE affected units trigger malixus

skill-3.gif
Priscama
Curses a target unit for 12 seconds, while under the effect of the curse, damage it takes will be counted, at the end of the spell, target will be dealt 15/20/25/30% of taken damage and be disabled for 3,5 seconds
Can be cast several times on single target to expand the duration of the spell
MC: 125
Cool: 15/12/9/6

------> 3.1.
skill-0.gif
Release
------> Immediately ends all occurring Priscamas
MC: 10 / Cool: 1

Spell_shadow_shadesofdarkness.png
Shadow Release
After channeling for 1.5/1/0.5 seconds
Will release waves of shadows in 600/1050/1500 AoE
And will deal 200/275/350 damage to enemy ubits and paralyze them for 1/1.5/2 seconds and slow them for 35% MS and 25% MS for 5 seconds after they are hitten by the shadows
MC: 200/225/250
Cool: 100/70/40

Last edited:
Level 11
Hero,Losam - Clan Lunatic's Chieftain

Losam : Clan Lunatic's Cheiftain
Hero Model: Rexxar's Model
Hero Icon:Rexxar's Icon
Hero Range: Melee (125)
Hero Lore: Losam was a warrior abandoned by own clan during the third war. Exiled in the archipelago of time Losam began hearing voices that were actually menbers other clan: Group Lunatic.
After the madness of Losam corrupt the mind, he became the Chieftain Tribe.
Furthermore, Losam is master of rage and melee combat, their skills incite madness and cause psychological problems in opponents.
Damage Base:75 - 83
Attack Cooldown:1,8
Defense Base:7
Attributes
Strength- 25
Intelligence- 14
Agility (main attribute)- 19

The spells will be my responsibility (i will make).
Movement Speed Base: 276

Last edited:
Hey Hera_, earlier in this thread I submitted some hero ideas for a Wurmcrusher hero and a Retera hero that I put together working with Wurmcrusher, as heroes for him and myself. I think they were really cool ideas, with some cool models and really cool spell/ability ideas, but at the time I was slightly concerned that they'll be hard to implement due to large model filesize and complicated ability mechanics. So, while I was worrying the day after he and I put together those hero ideas, I made a "Retera's Shadow" hero that I would also like to request, if you still have room, whose abilities I've already developed and whose model (un-squished) and icons combined are under 170 KB.
My thought was that if your team couldn't quite get the other Retera hero done for early stuff, or just totally had no space for its materials, this would let there be a little bit of "Retera" stuff in early versions of the Hive Arena. Or, if you're team has already made Wurmcrusher and the Chaos Space Retera heroes work, then I'll just applaud your awesomeness and you could still include this Retera's Shadow hero as a for-fun hero if you'd like or something.

Anyway, so attached is a map with the hero and here is a documentation of the request:

Omnix : Retera's Shadow
Hero Model: "UberGrandmaster18.mdx" in the attached map (134 KB approx)
OmnixReterasShadow.png

Hero Icon: In attached map, with disabled
BTNReterasShadow.png

Other Models Stuff:
Hero Range: 128 (Melee)
Hero Projectile:
Hero Lore: Retera, the Chaos Space Traveler, was a being of immense power. Not so much is known about the lightsabre-wielding "Retera's Shadow," seen at unexpected times in strange corners of the galaxy. Was it a form a Retera himself -- a stealthy shadow-form used to travel unnoticed -- or was it something more?
Some say that "Retera's Shadow" is a galactic assassin, bent upon destroying Retera himself. Rumors travel, but the only certainty is that despite his assassin-style tactics this Hero's energy swords wield vast power.
Hero Sound Set: Crypt Lord
Damage Base: 28-34 (stats in map)
Attack Cooldown: 1.9 (stats in map)
Defense Base: 6 (stats in map)
Attributes
Strength-14 (stats in map)
Intelligence-16 (stats in map)
Agility-26 (main) (stats in map)
Movement Speed Base: 270 (stats in map)
Spells:

First Skill

Second Skill

Third Skill

Fourth Skill

---Shadow Grasp---
Afflicts a target enemy unit with a grasp of shadow that deals a constant damage per second for 30 seconds. If the afflicted unit dies while under the effect of Shadow Grasp, a Child of Darkness will spawn from its corpse.

Level 1 - 5 damage per second
Level 2 - 10 damage per second
Level 3 - 15 damage per second
Level 4 - 20 damage per second
---Shadowdance---
Distracts the enemy and dodges attacks by temporarily encasing Retera's Shadow in the realm of the ethereal. As he returns, Retera's Shadow's spirit makes a quick dodge to his left, if possible. Also provides Retera's Shadow with the ability to Feign Shadowdance, which is a mimic move in which there is no side dodge at the end.
Level 1 - 10 second cooldown, 55 mana.
Level 2 - 10 second cooldown, 12 mana.
Level 3 - 8 second cooldown, 10 mana.
Level 4 - 4 second cooldown, 8 mana.
---Whirlwind---
Causes a whirlwind of destructive force around Retera's Shadow, rendering him immune to magic and dealing damage every second to nearby enemy land units.
Level 1 - 15 damage per second
Level 2 - 30 damage per second
Level 3 - 45 damage per second
Level 4 - 60 damage per second
---Cloak (Ultimate)---
Makes a unit invisible. If the unit attacks, uses an ability or casts a spell, it will become visible.
Level 1 - Lasts 120 seconds, 50 mana cost.
Level 2 - Lasts 150 seconds, 45 mana cost.
Level 3 - Lasts 180 seconds, 40 mana cost.

Edit: forgot to attach map

Attachments

• HiveHeroArena-ReterasShadow.w3x
    111.9 KB · Views: 43
Both of those were in the attached map, but here are their current states in the map (not that I would be opposed to them getting changed for balance):

Child of Darkness:
Level 1 - 240 hit points, 0 armor, Medium armor type, 13 - 15 ranged Piercing damage with a range of 450 and cooldown time of 1.60
Level 2 - 290 hit points, 0 armor, Medium armor type, 16 - 18 ranged Piercing damage with a range of 450 and cooldown time of 1.60
Level 3 - 340 hit points, 0 armor, Medium armor type, 21 - 24 ranged Piercing damage with a range of 450 and cooldown time of 1.60
Level 4 - 390 hit points, 0 armor, Medium armor type, 26 - 29 ranged Piercing damage with a range of 450 and cooldown time of 1.60

A little look into the map revealed that when I made them I had intended their armor values to increase with level, but increased the Defense Upgrade Bonus on accident instead. I guess I'll leave it to the Hive Arena team to balance that.

Cloak has no cooldown in my map; it was very similar to the Sorceress's Invisibility, with improvements as it leveled up.

stonneash: Nerubian Hybrid

Hero Model: ArachnitidV1
Hero Icon: I think there is an ingame icon that fits
Other Models Stuff: Posion shot spell Missile (Venomous Gale)
Hero Range: 125
Hero Projectile: N\A
Hero Lore:
Hero Sound Set: Orginal Scorpion or any Nerubian
Damage Base:
Attack Cooldown: 1.2
Defense Base:
Attributes :
Strength-7
Intelligence-5
Agility-9
Movement Speed Base: (275)
Spells:
Poison Shot ULTRA: A shot of poison Is launched forward (Current facing of unit), Poisons every enemy unit in range of 75\80\90, poison last 2/3/4 Second, Dealing 20/25/32 Damage Per second, Max range is 750\865\975.
Cooldown: 20/20/25
ManaCost: 45/60/75

Poisoned Claws (Based on Night Elf: Searing Arrows Ability) Increase the unit's Damage by 12/16/20/25, and Range to 180/200/225/250, But consumes 5/8/10/12 mana. Missile model : Chimera missile

Poison Sting : The unit approaches the target point, and Stings releasing a Strong toxic that poisons Every unit in range of 250/300/350/500, Dealing 12/15/17/21 damage per sec for 3/4/5/7. Effect: ToxicField
ManaCost: 30/45/50/60
Cooldown: 12/15/18/22

Death Aura : The unit drains 1/1/2/3 Health point each 3/3/3/3 Seconds, From Enemy units in 200/210/225/250 Range, Healing the Closest Alley unit In range of 300/350/425/500, And if there is no Allies in range the unit Heals itself.

Level 10
Storm Knight The Legendary Demi-God
Hero Model: levigeorge1617
Hero Icon: (Use the Revenant Icon)
Other Models Stuff: Tint 155 155 155
Hero Range:125
Hero Projectile: None (not Ranged) (If your hero is ranged)
Hero Lore: The Legendary Warrior. Storm Knight is a fearsome warrior carrying the powers of the Storm. He uses both magic, swordsmenship, and shamanic powers to destroy his enemies.
Hero Sound Set: Shaman
Damage Base:19-35
Attack Cooldown: 1.8
Defense Base: 2
Attributes
Strength- 20
*PRIMARY* Intelligence- 25
Agility-23
Movement Speed Base: 250
Spells: * (4 spells : 3 normal with 4 levels and 1 ulti with 3 levels) (Add Manacost, Cooldown, if applicable)

First Skill

Second Skill

Third Skill

Fourth Skill

Thunder Call- Calls down lightning to strike his enemies, surrounding him with energies that slow and damage his enemies. Deals 30/50/60 damage per second. Decreases speed of all around him by 50% (including attack speed) of all in melee. (Decreases Storm Knights speed by 25%) Lasts 10 seconds
Cooldown 60/50/40
Manacost 80/90/120
The Sword Master- Increases damage by 10%/15%/20%/25% of himself. In Addition any nearby Allies have an increased damage by 5%/10%/15%/20% Does not stack with any other auras that give damage %. Sword Master Aura
Arcane Fire Wave - Throws down a powerful wave of force that travels down in a straight line. Deals 90/100/120/150 Damage. Stuns for 2/3/4/5 seconds Consumes 100/150/200/250 Mana.
Sons of the Storm - Calls down 1/2/3/4 Sons of the Storm for 60/70/80/120 Seconds. The StormKnight serves the Great StormWarriors The Guardian of Nature, he is able to envoke ancient rites that can call upon the great StormWarriors warriors. The Son's of the Storm are Fearless Warriors that do not bend knee but say to their God. Summoned at the Cost of 100/110/120/150 Health.
Son of the Storm
-STATS of Son’s of the Storm
Health 600
(Heavy) Armor 5
(Hero) Damage 32-45
Attack Speed 1.9
Cleave (WC3 Regular Ability)

Last edited:
Level 23
Yes, I am still accepting heroes.. but PLEASE. use the hero submission format. If you don't use it, I'll have to reject your submission immediately. :)

This is found in the first post but I'll post it here for your convenience.

HTML:
[CENTER][TABLE][tr][TD][CENTER][COLOR="Seagreen"](Insert username/hero name here) : (Insert hero name here)[/COLOR][/CENTER][/TD][/tr][tr][TD]
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Hero Model:[/COLOR] *(Can be an import as long as it does not exceed 200kb)
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Hero Icon:[/COLOR](If you have an imported model but without an icon, I will use either an ingame icon or a screenshot icon)
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Other Models Stuff:[/COLOR] (Would you like to attach sumthing to it? or tint it?)
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Hero Range:[/COLOR] *(Example : 125 (Melee) or 700(Range))
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Hero Projectile:[/COLOR] (If your hero is ranged)
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Hero Lore:[/COLOR] * (Any number of characters as long as it's not a sentence nor a novel.)
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Hero Sound Set:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Damage Base:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Attack Cooldown:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Defense Base:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Attributes[/COLOR] (All three must not be below 10 or over 25 and indicate it's main attribute) 
Strength-
Intelligence-
Agility-
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Movement Speed Base:[/COLOR] (250 - 310)
[COLOR="Palegreen"]Spells:[/COLOR] * (4 spells : 3 normal with 4 levels and 1 ulti with 3 levels) (Add Manacost, Cooldown, if applicable)
[CENTER][tabs]
[tab][tabheader][COLOR="SeaGreen"]First Skill[/COLOR][/tabheader]---Insert spell 1 here---[/tab]

[tab][tabheader][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Second Skill[/COLOR][/tabheader]---Insert spell 2 here---[/tab]

[tab][tabheader][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Third Skill[/COLOR][/tabheader]---Insert spell 3 here---[/tab]

[tab][tabheader][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Fourth Skill[/COLOR][/tabheader]---Insert spell 4 here---[/tab]

[/tabs][/CENTER][/TD][/tr][/TABLE][/CENTER]

(Moon Leaf)
Interface Icon : Shimmerweed
Item Classification : Permanent/Charged
Acquirable Through : Shops
Item Gold Cost : 500
Item Lore :
Item Ability Type : Active
Item Ability Description(s) :
For every 90 damage this unit takes, the item will gain one
charge for up to 20 charges. When the item is used, it will
heal you for 30 HP per charge. *all charges are used instantly*
Item Rarity : Common
Item Range Requirement : Both
(Sense of Magic)
Interface Icon : Scepter of Healing
Item Classification : Permanent
Item Gold Cost : 950
Item Lore :
Item Ability Type : Passive
Whenever a unit within 600 range casts a spell, this unit will
gain manna equal to 50% of the integegence of the caster.
If the caster is an ally, it will take 20% less magic damage and
vice versa for enemies. Lasts 3 seconds.
(Golden key)
Interface Icon : Sun Key
Item Classification : Permanent
Item Gold Cost : 600
Item Lore :
Item Ability Type : Passive
Whenever this unit earns a bounty, it will get 30% - 60% bounes gold

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

To the guy who posted above me.

Yay for quoting myself again!

Hero Model: *(Can be an import as long as it does NOT exceed 200kb)

I didn't see that, but its a bs rule. You killed my hero and my creativity.
Yes, its your fault.

I'll maybe make another.

Level 10
Yes, its your fault.

I'll maybe make another.

A bs rule? I think that is a legitimate rule for the fact that he has to keep the space under 8mb, and when everyone is asking for imported models it's hard to keep it low. I even changed mine to the normal death knight to reduce some space for him.

So don't call it a BS rule. If you think that don't post

Level 13
Yes, its your fault.

I'll maybe make another.
lol, you ask hera to create your hero and this is how you thank him? lol
i can't say anything anymore

A bs rule? I think that is a legitimate rule for the fact that he has to keep the space under 8mb, and when everyone is asking for imported models it's hard to keep it low. I even changed mine to the normal death knight to reduce some space for him.

agree

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I see your point of view. It still is a bs rule, because we all want cooler models but can't have it unless its under 200kb.

lol, you ask hera to create your hero and this is how you thank him? lol
i can't say anything anymore

Catch a drift, how is the dev's fault for killing my creativity. Obviously a joke. I guess not-so obvious.
Not all of us have the same humor then, in this I apologize.

Without me (and all of you) there would be no map. Why would I spare the dev and not push him to upload more cool stuff for me? Like I said, without my and your ideas there would be no map.

Its better to stretch the dev than to simply agree and crawl under your stone and thank the "all powerful dev" for allowing you to make a hero, which is exactly your behavior. Pitiful are you, in my eyes (not a joke, you suck imo)

Level 2
I see your point of view. It still is a bs rule, because we all want cooler models but can't have it unless its under 200kb.

Catch a drift, how is the dev's fault for killing my creativity. Obviously a joke. I guess not-so obvious.
Not all of us have the same humor then, in this I apologize.

Without me (and all of you) there would be no map. Why would I spare the dev and not push him to upload more cool stuff for me? Like I said, without my and your ideas there would be no map.

Its better to stretch the dev than to simply agree and crawl under your stone and thank the "all powerful dev" for allowing you to make a hero, which is exactly your behavior. Pitiful are you, in my eyes (not a joke, you suck imo)
And this is how you fail to have a hero added, also, you're probably not going over the 200kb limit no matter what you say.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

And this is how you fail to have a hero added, also, you're probably not going over the 200kb limit no matter what you say.

I tried, I failed. Big whoop. There will be another map or I will make my own, or make it with another... or the dev will offer me another hero or not.

I fail to see how your thoughts on my manners or language choices affect my ability to make a good hero or suggest something?
Or my language choice towards DivineLight above. You don't like me, I don't like DivineLight. So what?

Its not your position to say if I don't get a hero. You are not the dev
Nor is the dev's good choice to value if my suggestion is bad
if the language or manners chosen on my behalf is poor.

I do admit on the 200kb rule, I didn't see it and thought it was bollocks when the dev told me 200kb is max.
This is all my fault.

Level 2
(Insert username/hero name here) : Ivan da Assassin the Last Assassin
Hero Model: Something that look like an assassin
Hero Range: )115 (Melee
Hero Lore:
Ivan Da Assassin, as the name he is an assassin. He is the youngest one who reach Master Level. Fast assassination, ranged assassination, blending, and stalking, all mastered by him. But when the great attack of Templar, all of his family is killed. And so he is being the last assassin. That insident causing him to lost all his skills, because he is shocked. And so, being the last assassin, he try to learn all of it by being a spy ir bounty hunter or be a merchaneries. One day, he is ordered to kill a mage. That he realized that the target is an assassin too, but with mage skills. He is named Merlin. And so he learn many spell, and make his skill to be perfect. But he is not safe forever. After a few months, the templar found them an ambushing them. And Merlin sacrifice himself to protect him. And so his journey to destroy templar begin
Hero Sound Set: Spell Breaker
Damage Base: )null (I didnt know, his main attribute is Agility
Attack Cooldown: null (should be fast)
Defense Base: )/COLOR]null (should be low
Attributes
Strength- 14
Intelligence- 19
Agility- 24
Movement Speed Base: )null (should be fast
Spells:

First Skill

Second Skill

Third Skill

Fourth Skill

Poison Knife
Throw a knife, poisoning and slowing target.
Level 1 damage 90 , slow 30%
Level 2 damage 180 , slow 30%
Level 3 damage 270, slow 35%
Level 4 damage 360, sliw 40%
Quick Look
Attacking unit one by one in an area
1: cause 50+normal damage, max target 3
2. Cause 50+n.danage, max 5
3: cause 100+n.damage, max 5
4: cause 200+n.danage, max 7
Flash Counter
Counter attack any damage(melee or range) with ultra speed, leaving some blur effect
5%, 10, 15, 20
Damage equal to damage taken divided by
4, 3, 2, 1
Assassination
Kill a unit instantly. If target is heroes, kill it when below 15%, 20%, 30%, or damage it by ... (I dont know how much is the heroes HP)

Some text are null because its relative, depending on other heroes
Well, there are some typo because I using iPhone

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Alright, sorry if I started some kind of argument but the 200kb is there because of the 8 mb limit as a user has already mentioned. So sorry again about starting the argument.

You didn't. I didn't either but I inspired others with my poor manners.

you don't like me, but i didn't say i don't like you..
so can we keep this thread clean.. no flaming allowed

Okay.

Level 3
Lactor Keys the Private Swordman
Hero Model: Footman or Swordman
Hero Icon: In Game Footman or Sworman
Other Models Stuff: Hmmm.. No I guess
Hero Range: 100 (Melee)
Hero Projectile: Melee
Hero Lore: Lactor Keys is a newly Swordman. He has a talent to be a Swordman. He is a private but he like to protect his captain and nobody know it. The captain always said "I'm the one that killed that monster", and the truth is, Lactor is the one.
Hero Sound Set: Footman
Damage Base: Depending the other heroes, normal I guess
Attack Cooldown: Depending the other, Fast
Defense Base: Depending the other, if other is 0 then mine is 2
Attributes (All three must not be below 10 or over 25 and indicate it's main attribute)
Strength- 23
Intelligence- 15
Agility-17
Movement Speed Base: 280
Spells: * (4 spells : 3 normal with 4 levels and 1 ulti with 3 levels) (Add Manacost, Cooldown, if applicable)

---Grill Bash---

---Hack and Slash---

---Like a Captain---

---Last Rage---

Running to an enemy, attack it with his shiled, cause massive knockback
Level 1: 90 damage, stun 0.9 s
Level 2: 180 damage, stun 1.2 s
Level 3: 270 damage, stun 1.5 s
Level 4: 360 damage, stun 1.8 s
Slashing enemy rapidly (depending the level), with shield bash on final attack, knocking back then slash through the enemy. The damage equal to normal damage
Level 1 : 3 slash, 1 knockback
Level 2 : 4 slash, 1 knockback
Level 3 : 5 slash, 1 knockback, 1 slash through
Level 4 : 5 slash, 1 knock back, 2 slash trhough (after the first, slash through to first position
Boosting allies HP regen and damage
Level 1 Hp Regen +1, damage +25%, duration 10 s
Level 2 Hp Regen +2, damage +50%, duration 12 s
Level 3 Hp Regen +3, damage +75%, duration 14 s
Level 4 Hp Regen +4, damage +15%, duration 16 s
Can be actived when HP below 10%, giving massive armor that make him like invurable, increase move speed to maximum, and increase attack speed and damage, only for 5 seconds, then he will die
Level 1 Attack speed +100%, damage +100%
Level 2 Attack speed +200%, damage +200%
Level 3 Attack speed +300%, damage +300%

Status
Not open for further replies.