• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hillsbrad Foothills

if interested : A description of the map:
Hillsbrad Foothills ( Inspiration for the name was , the resemblance that the middle of the map had to Taren Mill prier to its destruction ).
-Tile set : Dalara ( extra doodats from tile set: Sunken Ruins
-4v4 or 2v2v2
-Great detail has been put in to environment , doodats and esthetics.
-Huge map with many creep camps, divided amongst 4 quarters . You start in a small island like part of the map, with your closest ally or enemy , each fighting control over the "island"or joining in forces .
-There are 2 small orange creep camps , 2 goldmines ( expansions + the 2 extra gold mines in the main basses ), 1 Goblin Merchant and 1 tavern. Generally the creep camps are that not difficult and so they dont rewards as much with the items drops. Every player has 2 small green creep camps close by and depending of the location one stronger orange camp. In the middle of the quarters there are 2 orange creep camps aswell as a Mercenary camp . The main goldmines have more gold ( 15000 ) compared to eachs player expansion ( 12500 ) because they are less exposed. Each quarter also has 3 creep camps with different level in the corners of the map.
- Moving on to the middle each quarter has 2 entrance points to the middle of the map . Middle contains 3 hard creep camps as well as a goblin laboratory and , depending on your spawn a mana fountain or a marketplace.
-NOTE: The map is not suppose to be symmetrical , adding a little spice to it was my point.
-NOTE: The terrain is unbuildable at the entrances so it is impossible to block them off .
I would like to have some feedback from people that try it out.
I appriciate your help.
Best regards Bojan P.
Previews
Contents

Hillsbrad Foothills (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Please do not specially make an image for the minimap as the site will make it for you. 1. Terrain is kind of flat. 2. The Rogue and Golem are a bit too near the base. Also, for some reason there is only one Golem with a Rogue instead of two as in...
Level 11
nice melee :infl_thumbs_up: good job and keep it up!

-the terrain is amazing, i really love it specially what you did in the center
-the gameplay is good
-the marketplace takes more time to sell items, i think you should change its ability just like Goblin Merchant
-you should fix this one i think you really forget this or you just intent to make that into dirt cliff, the cliff was in dirt cliff not in tile cliff
fix.png

==============================================================

If you want a better description this will help you:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Please do not specially make an image for the minimap as the site will make it for you.

1. Terrain is kind of flat.
2. The Rogue and Golem are a bit too near the base. Also, for some reason there is only one Golem with a Rogue instead of two as in the rest of the map.
3. To avoid enemy players appearing on the start location near you, the triggers in this map could be used: Skeletal Coast v1.3

Approved.

==============================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I like the idea of having to take a zeppelin to the marketplace. These screenshots seem to be outdated.
Anyway, the map is pretty good, there are just a few thing that need fixing, like item drops, which are generally quite weak, and gaps between the trees should be filled, so smaller units can't get past them.

EDIT: Also, the map file is called Tarren Mill for some reason.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
That's a very nice map. As someone who plays a lot of 4v4 in bnet, this map looks very fun to play. Terrain is very nice, I particularly like the look of the center where these rather large buildings such as the cathedral or the towers seem to fit in perfectly.

If you intend to make some further adaptions, here are some points you might consider:
-The main bases are more open than usual. For undead players, this could mean that making a "perfect" wall around your mine (to prevent the blademaster or others from getting to the acos) is impossible. The bigger distance from main to trees as means that wood will be gathered more slowly.
-The backward area (assuming that the players starting in each quarter are on the same team) is huge. It might be possible to spend the entire early-to-midgame creeping there, while the expansions being away from enemies means that they should be very safe. Combined, this might lead to very passive play until lategame. If you agree, you could think about swapping one starting location per quarter with the corresponding natural expansion.
-On a related note, the center has nothing you can access (because of the strong creep camps) until you have a large army. Also the itemdrops in the center are a little strange to me, for example you have a lvl 4 permanent item drop from both a lvl 17 and a lvl 25 creepcamp (counting the sum of all creeps in one camp). Then you have a lvl3 permanent iteam drop from a lvl 15 and a lvl 23 camp.
-There are many bridges. They can lead to standoffs even in 1on1s, but imagine a 4v4 where both armies sit on either side of a bridge. Whoever tries to cross it will get slaughtered, as the defending side can attack with everything from while the attackers will block themselves (though in fairness, armies in 4v4 often consist of many air units). This could further make the game more static.

Level 8
That's a very nice map. As someone who plays a lot of 4v4 in bnet, this map looks very fun to play. Terrain is very nice, I particularly like the look of the center where these rather large buildings such as the cathedral or the towers seem to fit in perfectly.

If you intend to make some further adaptions, here are some points you might consider:
-The main bases are more open than usual. For undead players, this could mean that making a "perfect" wall around your mine (to prevent the blademaster or others from getting to the acos) is impossible. The bigger distance from main to trees as means that wood will be gathered more slowly.
-The backward area (assuming that the players starting in each quarter are on the same team) is huge. It might be possible to spend the entire early-to-midgame creeping there, while the expansions being away from enemies means that they should be very safe. Combined, this might lead to very passive play until lategame. If you agree, you could think about swapping one starting location per quarter with the corresponding natural expansion.
-On a related note, the center has nothing you can access (because of the strong creep camps) until you have a large army. Also the itemdrops in the center are a little strange to me, for example you have a lvl 4 permanent item drop from both a lvl 17 and a lvl 25 creepcamp (counting the sum of all creeps in one camp). Then you have a lvl3 permanent iteam drop from a lvl 15 and a lvl 23 camp.
-There are many bridges. They can lead to standoffs even in 1on1s, but imagine a 4v4 where both armies sit on either side of a bridge. Whoever tries to cross it will get slaughtered, as the defending side can attack with everything from while the attackers will block themselves (though in fairness, armies in 4v4 often consist of many air units). This could further make the game more static.
Map Updated,
- Added more trees in all starting positions
- Nurfed all of the creep camps in the water portion and the item drops , so people dont spend all early game there .
- Nurfed the creep camps in the middle and boosted the item drop
- Still think the bridges are fine enough as there are many ways to enter the zones, including air and zepelin drops .