• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW textures request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/silvermoon-eversong-wood-tileset-251254/

Hey, guys!

A lil' bit of an unusual request.

I need WoW textures for the project above. I need ground textures from Eversong Wood, Silvermoon, Isle of Quel'Danas, Ghostlands, Hillsbrad Foothills, Arathi Highlands, Deadwind pass, Redridge Mountains.

I also need building wall textures from Ghostlands, Dalaran, Thoradin's Wall and Elwynn Forest (Stormwind).

The most important ones are grass and dirt, but any seamlessly tiling texture would be appreciated.

Rep AND credits will be given!

Level 14
wow uses a terrain texture size of 256(it may even be 512) for one tile and wc3 uses 64 if you compress something with that kind of detail to be 4 times smaller it will look like smeared poop

Dude, I know what I'm doing, believe me.

Firstly, WC3's default tile textures are 64x64 pixels in dimension, true, but you are not restricted to that dimension.

Secondly, yes, I use the 64-pixels dimension (for filesize reasons) but I am NOT directly compressing the textures. It's not blatant c'n'p, I repaint quite a lot of them, retouch, move things around, combine them, etc., etc. Check my project to see the end results. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.