• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Atlas of Azeroth—Avalanche Master's Custom Simple Tilest Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
So I have recently dabbled with the textures of WarCraft III once again in my attempt to create an Un'Goro melee map. Using various assets (WoW textures, free textures online, textures I've bought for dirt cheap from haobao), as well as a healthy dose of hand-drawing, I have begun creating several different textures for tileset, doodads and trees that I plan on putting here. Why not in the Skins section? Because they're either too simple, or contain too much CnP.

Basically my goal is to make simple edits of the existing tilesets and recreate the WarCraft zones we haven't seen so far in WarCraft III—such as Deadwind Pass, Un'Goro Crater, Eversong Woods (not properly, at the very least), Nagrand, etc.

For now, there are only previews, but you can expect to find BLP files very soon. I will also brush up some old assets I have laying around (like the Silvermoon Grass & Tiles, etc.) and put them on here.

Un'Goro Crater

Un'Goro Sand – 100% Complete
A mix of Barrens Desert and Ashenvale Dirt with Dinosaur-related details such as fossils and a footprint.
I used the wonderful Dinosaur Fossil icon by Erik Kuroow as a blueprint for the dinosaur fossil tile.
foqouIF.png

Un'Goro Palm Tree – 90% Complete

Dark-barked palm with lush foliage, reminiscent of Jurassic-era flora and ferns.
B2bXrBq.png

wHDWV9H.png

Un'Goro Goblin Merchant – WIP
Update to the Goblin Merchant to make it seem more "wild" and "Jungle-like" and fit better with the Un'Goro theme.
Anchpee.png

Planned:
  • Silvermoon/Eversong Woods
  • Deadwind Pass/Karazhan
  • Nagrand
  • Sunken Ruins Expanded
  • Cityscape Expanded

Last edited:
Level 14
Given that these are manipulations and CnP, they're actually pretty cool. It must've been some serious sweating to make them fit the unwraps on point.

Say, do you plan on making for Ruined Stratholme, Kul'Tiras and Uldum?

Keep in mind there's a lot of freehand work involved, too. The lighting/exposure/colors are much more painstaking that fitting the wraps.

As for other tilesets—I actually started working on Tol'Barad but abandoned it after I realized it is quite a dull setting. As for the once you've listed, I do have similar plans, but they probably would not even be started in the next half an year.

Ruined Stratholme: I plan on making a more broad Ruined Keep tileset that should encompass “Ruined Stratholme”.

Kul'Tiras: Let's wait and see how Kul'Tiras looks like in the next expansion, shall we?

Uldum: Uldum is definitely a very interesting zone with a lot of potential for a WarCraft III tileset. The problem is I am not a model-maker, and Uldum would require a massive amount of custom-made doodads, as the one already existing in-game or made by users are just not fitting. Not to mention the creeps that have to be created.

Level 14
Update on the Trees:

I haven't done much work on the palms, but now we have a Barrens version as well!

VgNWCV4.png

FdJDmgE.png

Interestingly enough, they started out as a retexturing of the Ashenvale trees, but I really dislike Ashenvale trees and the skin looked awful on them, eventhough it wrapped perfectly.

Level 7
Hmm... Seems like a great idea. But i think i'll agree with everyone including me on Hive make Chaos/Demonic, Orcish, Void, Aberration and Undead themed tilesets could nice. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.