• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Silvermoon/Eversong Wood tileset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
A spin-off on this thread.

I needed a nice Eversong wood tileset for my project, so I decided to make one. I later scraped the idea to have Silvermoon missions in my campaign, but I was already making the tileset, so I decided to finish it.

Also included: Tree textures and (possibly) some other doodad textures.

I'm using Broodwars grass tiles, ripped by Stryderzero, with his permission.
I'm also using various textures that have been ripped from WoW, but they are so heavily edited, that they are now atleast 70% freehand (retouch, freehand paint-over, burn, dodge, erase, tile, etc., etc.) Still, I think it'd be better to upload it here than in the resource section.

Cliffs included as well. :)

EDIT: Since I'm sure some of you will ask "where's the download link", it'll be up once I finish the set. :) Stay tuned, more tiles coming!

Please note: tree texture may and most likely will change. Trees in the picture use this model, but they can use any of the in-game models as well.

137261-albums7273-picture83305.jpg

137261-albums7273-picture83306.jpg

Level 14
I hate Blizzard cliffs, they are intolerable and ugly as fuck. Anyway it's taking shape so far.

Ah, the old for and against Blizz cliffs war. I, personally, don't enjoy their look, but they provide a nice gameplay variable - one that cannot be otherwise implemented without heavy jass coding.

I'm no model artist, but wouldn't it be possible to create new models for the Blizz cliffs?

I'm no model artist, but wouldn't it be possible to create new models for the Blizz cliffs?
No idea. Personally I don't use them in my terrains/ old disappointment in my early map making. I personally use doodads to mimic cliffs (not those infamous hideous Blizzard cliffs). Anyway I'll be checking this if you'll add more tiles in it:)

No idea. Personally I don't use them in my terrains/ old disappointment in my early map making. I personally use doodads to mimic cliffs (not those infamous hideous Blizzard cliffs). Anyway I'll be checking this if you'll add more tiles in it:)

Yes you can change Blizzard's cliff models. They are in War3.mpq. Tough there is plenty of them in there, it would take ages to replace every one of them. :)

Level 14
Nice tilesets, the grass reminds me the of the one in starcraft 1 protoss homeworld.

I'm using Broodwars grass tiles, ripped by Stryderzero, with his permission.

;)

Thanks, guys! I will add more tiles to it, plus a city wall cliff. I'm planing on 5-6 custom tiles, 2-3 custom trees (green, autumn and autumn-pink varieties), and 2 cliffs.

Level 23
I really like the brick road tile! It's awesome! The grass and the cliff is pretty good as well!
Good work WerBackIII. :)

Edit: I personally like the cliffs of the Blizzard, it's brings a nice feeling in the gameplay. I hardly like the maps that have a lot things "un-warcrafish", just runs away from the game, it's bad, from my sight.

;)Thanks, guys! I will add more tiles to it, plus a city wall cliff. I'm planing on 5-6 custom tiles, 2-3 custom trees (green, autumn and autumn-pink varieties), and 2 cliffs.
Good. The more the better:wink: minus the cliffs.
Edit: I personally like the cliffs of the Blizzard, it's brings a nice feeling in the gameplay. I hardly like the maps that have a lot things "un-warcrafish", just runs away from the game, it's bad, from my sight.
NOT HERE FORSAKEN! NOT even close!
This is the TERRAIN BOARD NOT the UGLIFICATION BOARD!

Last edited:
Level 11
Ah, the old for and against Blizz cliffs war. I, personally, don't enjoy their look, but they provide a nice gameplay variable - one that cannot be otherwise implemented without heavy jass coding.

Agreed about the gameplay part.
Yes, it is possible to edit or make new cliff models. Although, the cliffs in the pic are looking good but not far from standard ones in geometry. If you or anybody else wants to make new ones I will love to see more variation in cliff models. Such as rounded edges, or more slant and inclined planes, with custom pathing according to size and interpolation. That would be cool.

I should shoot you for that question. Anyway I hope to see more tiles around/ no cliffs!
C'mon now friend, let us leave some room for experimentation :)
Anyways the people are not going to start using them because the sway is for height map variation and doodads.

As far as personal choice goes I prefer not to use cliffs too.

Level 14
Now, pals, take it easy.

You can see what I'm going for with this tile. Though, WarCraft's engine in quite buggy at moments, and the not-exactly-precise tiling of, well, tiles, makes that ugly uneven match of the golden rail. The fact that it's golden only makes it more noticable.

137261-albums7273-picture83371.jpg

137261-albums7273-picture83370.jpg

PS: NKnight, your avatar rocks.

Last edited:
Level 23
NOT HERE FORSAKEN! NOT even close!
This is the TERRAIN BOARD NOT the UGLIFICATION BOARD!

So it's "UGLIFICATION BOARD", because WerBackIII are using this for cliffs terrains. :)

But anyway, the thread is no place for discussion, i just share my opinion, if you don't like, just don't reply.

WerBackIII good work! The tile is just amazing!

So it's "UGLIFICATION BOARD", because WerBackIII are using this for cliffs terrains. :)

But anyway, the thread is no place for discussion, i just share my opinion, if you don't like, just don't reply.

WerBackIII good work! The tile is just amazing!

I actually do like Blizzard's cliffs. They are not priceless art, but "meh" ... ..
The tile-sets are awesome, they look so much better than default. I wish you could re-texture the whole game. ♥ ♥ ♥

Level 14
I need feedback. Is this too much of a golden flamboyance, should I change the cliff border to something else?

Also, anybody knows how to fix the issue with the wrap in the yellow box?

Bear in mind, the walls of the cliff will change to much more Silvermoonish ones.

137261-albums7273-picture83450.jpg

Level 10
well, this just looks epic and really blood-elf-ish^^, just maybe an idea, you could also make a purple version for some dalaran stuff

Level 14
Thanks, guys!

jopi, yeah, I might do a simple re-color, but I don't really think it's needed?

I couldn't decide between the bricks and the rail, so I combined them. It looks fantastic, in my opinion. I'll change the tile border to the combined bricks/rail as well. Currently it's too disproportionate.

137261-albums7273-picture83526.jpg

Also, guys, especially those of you, who are playing WoW.

I need some ripped textures (yea, I said that I work on existing textures, just repaint/retouch/cnp them, I rarely make new ones as the red tiles).

I need ground textures from Eversong Wood, Silvermoon, Sunwell Plateau, Ghostlands and, if anybody wants to help me help jopi, Dalaran.

I also need building wall textures from Ghostlands and Dalaran (again, if you wanna help jopi).

The most important ones are grass and dirt, but any seamlessly tiling texture would be appreciated.

Kudos!

Level 36
Only thing I'm having a bit of trouble with is those runes, or what they are, along the borders of the red tile.
They kind of look like stamps stuck onto the texture rather than something that's an actual part of the tile,
if you get my drift. I'd do something about that if I were you.

Also, most of the tiles look a bit too "clean" for my taste, you should add in some small variations like cracks,
or vines, or leaves or things just generally lying around, for a more natural look.

Level 14
Only thing I'm having a bit of trouble with is those runes, or what they are, along the borders of the red tile.
They kind of look like stamps stuck onto the texture rather than something that's an actual part of the tile,
if you get my drift. I'd do something about that if I were you.

Also, most of the tiles look a bit too "clean" for my taste, you should add in some small variations like cracks,
or vines, or leaves or things just generally lying around, for a more natural look.

I know about the borders, I'm going to change them soon (I think I've mentioned it already, not sure).

As for the variations, the red tiles are 2-variations tile only, I'll see if I can do something about the pavement tiles.

Level 14
I had to remake the grass and base it on the original Eversong Woods grass texture. Just... had to.

137261-albums7273-picture83890.jpg

And for those who will complain that it's too "blocky", it was intended - I wanted it to look a bit artificial, to give some unnatural feeling to it (being in the Elves' magical realm and stuff).

Level 14
Forget that. It's a bit too bright imo. Otherwise it's pretty.

It'll be used with the Eversong Woods dirt tile, which is quite duller than the original Lordaeron Summer (awful) one. It's also kind of darker, so stay tuned to see how they'll contrast each other.

But I will be making the grass a bit greener and darker, yes. Not significantly, but just a little bit.

Level 35
Okay, how about now, then? A simple edit plus a border I was wondering whether to include or not.

Oh, and, of course, high elven ruins! ;) Everybody loves them!

Glad the more blocky idea was dropped, this looks a lot better. If the blocky part should have worked you would have required some form of border around it to give one the idea that it was due to magical influence, which is somewhat impossible with Wc3.

Level 14
Glad the more blocky idea was dropped, this looks a lot better. If the blocky part should have worked you would have required some form of border around it to give one the idea that it was due to magical influence, which is somewhat impossible with Wc3.

Ehm, it is the blocky version, with border. It makes it look much more fluid.

And, thanks, guys! :)

Level 35
Ehm, it is the blocky version, with border. It makes it look much more fluid.

And, thanks, guys! :)

Well, thats still dropping the original blocky one (since you changed it to look so much better)... and what I meant with a border of magical nature would be something animated, and to my knowledge one cannot animate tilesets. But yea, somewhat unclear the way I wrote it.

Level 14
I'm still on it, I had an important job interview last week (I've actually had two for the same position, and tomorrow will be the last one).

I'm trying to decide on what to do with the dirt.

I've also made a melee map to showcase my work, and I've gained IllidanEvil's permission to retexture his Naboo set to fit in a Silvermoon theme.

Then I'll be working on Silverpine forest, cause I need it for my campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.