• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hiding Doodads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I'm sure some of you have played an ORPG where everyone lags out due to the sheer number of doodads right? I'm currently making a Diablo III map and have reached what I call a doodad barrier.

While I'de like to make the game bigger, I cannot due to the number of doodads already used (around 13000). If I add any more and it will be unplayable :p

So! Does anyone know a way of hiding doodads to prevent map-lag? :)

Right now the map is split into areas. It would be rather nice to hide all the doodads in the map, and only show them for the areas that contain a player :p It could greatly reduce lag in the map :)

Level 13
there's the WE which can place unlimited doodads but you don't want WE i bet the essayist way is just get rid of unneeded doodads

Level 30
there's the WE which can place unlimited doodads but you don't want WE i bet the essayist way is just get rid of unneeded doodads

Dont worry, im already using JassNewGen :) I know how to exceed to doodad limit. Also, removing doodads is not an option :) One of the things that makes the map what it is is the terrain, I dont want to decrease the quality anywhere by removing doodads ;)

What im trying to fix is the lag caused by placing too many doodads :)

I just thought of something actually. What if I made several of the doodads non-selectable, invulnerable desctructibles? xD Means I could hide them whenever i please :D hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.