1. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sight blocker + Mass trees

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by praudmur, Jun 5, 2020.

1. praudmur

praudmur

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello!
    1)What is the best way to create a "black wall" which would hide map boundaries like this? Sight blockers in World editor do not do anything.

upload_2020-6-5_22-39-18.png

2)Are there any resources of many trees in one doodad? In my map I mostly divide territories by trees and I would like to reduce the number of doodads on my map(it already takes about 5 seconds to choose a doodad when picking one from trigger functions)

2. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure Line of sight blockers should do exactly that. Maybe you're using the wrong ones or maybe you have something else giving vision over that area?

3. praudmur

praudmur

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Negative. Screenshot is taken after I placed LOS blockers.

upload_2020-6-5_23-35-32.png

upload_2020-6-5_23-34-37.png

4. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    They're working as intended in my Editor (latest patch). Are you positive you don't have flying vision or some other source of vision? They will only block the sight of ground units as far as I'm aware.

For them to work with Flying units I think you need to mess with the Occlusion Height, although from my tests I couldn't get it to work.

5. praudmur

praudmur

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am sure that there are no units and no cheat codes active - Can it be because I'm in cinematic mode? But in game mode trees are blocking the vision anyway.

6. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cinematic mode could be it.

I tested with a Footman that was standing in front of a row of LoS blockers that had trees behind them, and the trees were out of sight.

7. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    cinematic mode gives vision over the entire map. So you're best bet is either cliffs or if theyre too ugly for you, create custom doodads that use the rock chunk models but scaled up to maybe 5x/10x :) Or just fill the whole space with trees.

8. praudmur

praudmur

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I'd rather use a special rotatable "black wall" model because rock chunk will take some space and in some regions I have a very slim line of tree blocking the path. Just need to find them(I'm sure someone made that already).