• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Line of Sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello all. Working on an update to my Tribal Wars map (for those of you that visit map development), and I'm running into a bug I can't seem to squish.

Given my map's small size, enemy bases share fairly close borders. These borders are marked off via terrain boundaries, however it seems that wasn't enough to keep ranged units from attacking right through the wall and the boundary. I tried a solid wall of line of sight blocker doodads, and then tried a solid wall of pathing blockers. Neither prevented units from shooting through the wall.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can prevent this? I'm adding in an automated defense to the bases, and as it is now, certain bases are literally shooting each other through the walls right at the start of the game.

Level 4
Sorry for the lack of detail about the walls. They are nothing more than raised terrain, 1 cliff level higher than the rest of the map.

Taur... it's amazing how simple a fix can be. This will work as a temporary solution, however if a unit gets too close to a wall, it still takes fire from the building. I'll have to continue to look for an alternative... if I can't find one, I'll just have to expand the overall map size and make each player's area a little larger.

Level 24
Wait... Buildings seeing over walls? That doesn't really seem right. Do the buildings manage to see over the walls with allied units on that side of the wall? Maybe lower attack range and change their locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.