• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making a doodad block vision and ranged attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I downloaded a wall doodad and would like to use it in a map that prevents ranged attacks. Basically, I want to make it so a unit in a room (made up of the wall doodads) can't shoot through the walls at other units.

What is the easiest and most effective method of doing this? Should I use boundary terrain? Pathing blockers? Is there an option on the doodads that I'm not aware of?

Thank you.

Level 8
About the vision thing what Apheraz said:

QUOTE=Apheraz Lucent;1630957]
Occluder Height is a real value that if it is set to a non-zero value, it will cause other nearby units/buildings/heroes to have their lines of sight obstructed by presence of unit that is using occluder height. Flying units or heroes do not suffer from this effect.

uniteditor4.jpg

Left image, Occluder Height is bigger than 0.
Right image is when Occluder is 0.
[/QUOTE]

About the attack thing i don't know if there's a way of doing that without triggers. In melee game, by default, ranged units could just attack through trees/rocks/etc. Too bad for my mortars :(

Status
Not open for further replies.