• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Heroes Tale

What do you think of the project map itself? (NO POLL TROLLING PLEASE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
About terrain. i think it is very hard to work as a group because it is nearly impossibale to Coordinate everyone s time.and it is also diffcult at Explanation,so until now I make map by myself.i learned terrain disigning bucause ..you know you always have an image in your head but you can not explan it clear just by words. This is my experience. Good luck hell master.
Yes, I would do that and this is a Single Player so size doesnt matter. Thanks for the tips!:thumbs_up:
You may know there is a little patch that allowed Multiplayer in map over 8m

Level 30
Thanks guys, at least some comments.

@huy
To give you a tip, it will be a boss like Lich but I will make sure its skills are interesting and unique.

@runespirit
Its a Singleplayer. They dont have limits and even I reach GB its okay...lol!

Level 8
Also, I found other bugs: (Total before and today)
- You need to hide Yellow's Forces in minimap, I've seen they appear when the game started.
- When cinematics is started, make sure that you use this trigger:
  • Unit - Make Unit Face "---"
It could be face units, or face points.
- The camera must be follow with Angus.
- (You could add skip cinematics triggers if you want, because I don't want to wait for long hour XD)
- Block the way to the others land when we faced the boss.
- When we leaved Kan's house, hide that house's location.
Also, I see some good points in there:
- You made very good story, lots of offense, and battle is quite hard.
- You got nice models :) I like Kan :))
- Enough quests and features.
- I loved that you changed "Abilities" became "Stat" for the Hero. I can increase hero's stat by myself. =)) That must be a custom spell.
- Terrain is good, but not very good. :))

Raiting: 4/5
+rep, and looking forward in next updates. Also I want to protect this map. Be careful for some... trolls. :p

Level 16
There will be a turned off trigger that checks when the player skips a cinematic sequence. If a boolean to indicate whether a cinematic is played is false, it means that cinematic is skipped and you will do the actions that result from the cutscene. Turn on this trigger in your cutscene trigger and turn it off plus set the boolean to true when you are done.

That is how it should work imo.

edit
Phone vs computer >.< Darn you MT =))

Level 8
It is optional, not need, but if you want to import, then I'll show to you: :))
  • Trigger for Cinematic
    • Events
      • (Do by yourself)
    • Conditions
      • (Do by yourself)
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)
      • If ((SkipsCinematic equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
      • (Do by yourself)
  • Trigger for Skip
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
      • -
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)
      • Set SkipsCinematic = True
      • (Do by yourself)
EDIT: MasterTrainer is faster than me!! :(

Level 30
Le bump~

Okay, guys. Got some little updates. Why little? OFC, I am busy with school...lol! BTW, the updates are I have finished working on little parts of cinematic and later on will start on terraining for the Demon Base where the first Demon Lord is located.

Well, that's all for now and more will come, I assure you!

Level 30
Guys, a bad news. Not abandoned but will be halt due to being really busy at school and also some things bugging me in the game but is fixable. This will be resume when I finished The Last Stand Remake, my other project I posted here in Map Development. It will be finished soon and my co worker there BreathingAcid also did agreed to join me here too so when we come back here, expect this to be thousand better :D

Level 30
Dont worry this will not be abandoned and I dont want to because I have worked hard and will just go to waste, will be saving a backup in my Pastebin just to be sure it will not be lost and I will be bringing BreathingAcid into the team when we finished Last Stand Remake, so no worries here SoJ! :cgrin:

Level 28
Well since my net is so much faster now I was able to browse those piles of screenshots you have in the first post.

Want to hear my opinion about the terrain?

No don't, its good for your heart.

211785-albums5481-picture65468.gif

Level 30
Well since my net is so much faster now I was able to browse those piles of screenshots you have in the first post.

Want to hear my opinion about the terrain?

No don't, its good for your heart.

211785-albums5481-picture65468.gif

Hey there, I cant PM you due to your inbox full and you disabled or lock your VM so btw, I have improved the Desert Terrain by removing such spammed bones. Should I also remove some spammed rocks in the desert mostly in the Cave Entrances? And for the dirt tile, dont you think the original deser tile is better because I mean is it makes the game more custom and not that wc3 feeling but a different approach of terrain so are you sure about changing it to a dirt tile, if yes, what specific dirt tile should I use? Specific name.

Additionally, I smoothen some noised much areas.

Level 28
Should I also remove some spammed rocks in the desert mostly in the Cave Entrances?

Yes, throw them in the grave. You know my In the End melee map right? DL it and take the rock models inside and use it for your map.

And for the dirt tile, dont you think the original deser tile is better because I mean is it makes the game more custom and not that wc3 feeling but a different approach of terrain so are you sure about changing it to a dirt tile, if yes, what specific dirt tile should I use? Specific name.

You have few options:
Sunken: Sand Tile
Barren: Desert Tile or its Dirt Tile

Additionally, I smoothen some noised much areas.

Just don't use the noise tool in the future.

Level 28
I changed all Blizzard cliffs into oversized rocks

Give me a screenshot so I can tell if its good or bad, blizz cliff is good if used well.

Im yet in the Forgotten Caverns and I changed them to tobyfat's Island Rocks.

Again throw me a screenshot so I can judge it. Actually I have a feeling that this will look bad as Toby's models have different lightning and so HQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.