• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Heroes Tale

What do you think of the project map itself? (NO POLL TROLLING PLEASE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Not much of an update but the HT map is with Doomlord. He is improving the grammar in my game texts, cinematic texts, item description, unit description, spell description and such. The grammar fixer got inactive so much that I will have to request it to the Doomlord.

Also, Wrathion is working on the 4 spells of the Demon Lord, Lich which is kind of unique! =)

That's all for the news. After these works were done, only some quests to add, some bugs to fixed and previous things founded out that seems to be forgotten to fix in the v0.1 and we are done!

Level 30
Thanks for the feedbacks.

@APproject

Good that you are excited...lol! Seen through the map and I still left some things that should have been fixed in 0.1 but forgot to. And also there is still no track of storylines and quest only up until the portal and nothing yet for Demon Lord and I will have to make it so might take a while maybe.

@DotCa.
Hey, bro. Thanks, it is really good to know that you appreciate it.

Level 28
No need to restart your map. It actually depends if your map terrain starts from the corner then you should made it on the very corner map space if you and if your map starts from the middle then you should have terrain it on the center of the map.

(What I'm talking about is the total map size if you made your map 256x256 of the normal editor then work on its corner of center.)

Level 30
Update! Doomlord has finished working on fixing my grammars at everything and not just that but also improving the item and spell description by applying a template.

Now, what is left is my work and Wrathion's. Also some changes that will happen on v2.0:
  • I have come to notice that 4 stat points per level up is quite many and will make hero growth fast so a new plan is that it will be reduce to 1. To make it a hard choice and make heroes' growth quite normal.
  • I have also come to realize that even in a small armor bonus it gives the wearer a quite high Damage Reduction percentage which will become imba as armor bonus gets stronger until it reaches 90%+. So I have decide to lessen the Damage Reduction Percentage gain through armor bonus.

Will still add some things but for now that. That is all for this updates. Thanks you!

~Hell_Master

Last edited:
Level 30
New updates! As I've said, Doomlord finished his job and also CSS which is Custom Stat System of Doomlord is also added into the game which will add some new fresh feature into this such as Socketing in equipments and more... A big thanks to Doomlord for his fresh and great System!

Also, Wrathion finished the spell for the Demon Lord, Lich. Which looks great and will be seen when fighting the Demon Lord, Lich.

What is left is my work. Made some changes into the stats gained each level. Instead of four stat points each level, it is lowered to one to prevent fast hero growth which will make the game imbalance at some point at game. Fixed also a bug there that when you level up, it will set your stat points to 4 instead of adding 4. Added the teleporters at dungeons and those that I have missed at the v0.1.... silly me! xD

There will be more! That is all and thank you for having a look at the new updates!

Any feedback relating to this update is appreciated :3
~Hell_Master

Level 30
Updates! Not much for we are going for quite a slow progress due to school again tommorow so here are two screenshots showing some more parts of the Unstable Den dungeon.

Feedbacks are appreciated!

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 59.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 59.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 60.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 60.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 70
Level 30
How did you know my name....? xD

BTW, I will make this as my return in project after of being addicted to Gaia's Ret. ORPG. Discovered some things that RPG requires (and this is not an attempt of copying the famous RPG though. I want to be original but at some point there will be maybe some identical things in this game but that cant be avoided for it is a part of an RPG). Now, I have made some little changes but quite many:

1. Edited Hero Attributes Text tooltip with more proper colors but I have a problem in it on the Armor part. I want to remove there its text but leaving it blank wont do anything and using |r wont also for it will still leave a gap/space on the part of the armor tooltip which both looks ugly. If anyone knows of way on COMPLETELY removing then a very thanks to you and +4 REP of course!
  2. Edited Damage and Armor Text tooltip also making it colorful.
  3. Edited Level Text Tooltip also making it colorful.
  4. Made some changes at Respawn System of game. Made respawn time of Neutral Creeps (including bosses), Demon Minions and Mining Stones. The following are:
  • Neutral creeps (Creeps) Respawn time increased from 30 secs to 60 secs.
  • Neutral creeps (Bosses) Respawn time increased from 60 secs to 180 secs.
  • Demon Minions Respawn time increased from 30 secs to 60 secs.
  • Mining Stones Respawn time increased from 60 secs to 300 secs.

Also added a poll finally asking on what you think about the project map itself. You can try playing the available versions here and vote at the poll or wait for more future versions and vote to be sure or just view this thread and vote. Depends on you on what you will vote. The vote btw is base on the rating in hive...lol xD

And what I mean by NO TROLL POLLING is that some users prefer to vote randomly without even looking a bit or knowing the game and some is voting randomly mostly lowest vote for the sake of trolling. So please avoid doing so this act!

Last edited:
Level 4
0.0 thats lots of words ...but i reded!!...ok first q: Cuz i Fan of Bleach ^.^ q 2: idk sorry q 3:lol i not some shaddy troler...i voting on Triggers Models and ORIGINALTY...so thats all..^.^

Mining Stones Respawn time increased from 60 secs to 300 secs.
No no no. You know how hard the drop rate is and you lengthen the respawn time?? :vw_sad:

Edited Hero Attributes Text tooltip with more proper colors but I have a problem in it on the Armor part. I want to remove there its text but leaving it blank wont do anything and using |r wont also for it will still leave a gap/space on the part of the armor tooltip which both looks ugly. If anyone knows of way on COMPLETELY removing then a very thanks to you and +4 REP of course!

What do you want.. exactly?

BTW, I will make this as my return in project after of being addicted to Gaia's Ret. ORPG. Discovered some things that RPG requires (and this is not an attempt of copying the famous RPG though. I want to be original but at some point there will be maybe some identical things in this game but that cant be avoided for it is a part of an RPG). Now, I have made some little changes but quite many:

Ofcourse.. some things are identical. In Gaia's, the map was way too big so you couldn't figure out things in the minimap. I hope it's not the case here..

I also protest against the free skill points per level. One? Are you serious? I mean everyone almost dies in the Magical Forest. How about two? Four was far too many, but I think two is better.

Was it colorful text? If not, what it is?

That should be answered from a player's perspective; the uniqueness of the game and the feeling of playing it. Many RPGs have imported custom trees and tiles, but they somehow look too stuffed and otherworldly.

The terrain. Even an empty space is art, so you should always leave some here and there. Some custom cliffs would enhance your game feeling at times, while at times it does not in certain situations.

Synergy and balance. This is very important, as it is the game's core. For example; DotA. Some heroes were balanced, and some were not. Is it truly like that? No, actually. All of them are balanced, only in some situations do some appear to work best.

The heroes should have something unique in them too. The skills, how well they work out with each other. How they make the hero a fearsome, formidable opponent on the battlefield. How they help to crowd control and drive enemies back.

Damage.. There should be factors to weigh when tinkering damage. When is the skill or attack most useful, is it rather situational, or does it suit in all situations? Does it counter something specific? Or does it counter several things?

Items/Rewards/Relics. Is it worth fighting for? Is it worth the dangerous trek across the mountain? Will it help fight against stronger foes? (But you should also give relics a good price in the shop, so when the player finds something 'better' he can sell it and free an inventory space)

Quests. So they give rewards.. How will the rewards help? Is the reward, as said above, worth fighting for? Will it give the hero even more powerful blows, or armor near impregnable? Will it make the hero progress through the game faster, or will it make the game slower due to fake 'perks'? (< Some things that the player thinks is good and abuses it, thus ruining his game or what unsevere damage it causes to his gameplay)

Uniqueness. What does the game offer? How is it different from other RPGs? Why is it that fun? Some models not present anywhere else.. Never seen before in any map. A style of cinematics that's splendid. How natural the feeling is.

The game itself. Is it worth the player's time? Is it simply a waste of time, and should they create their own map instead? It should captivate something in the players, but not to the point of utter addiction. A 'content' feeling, not just endless hacking and slashing through a bloody field of battle.

If you make repeated quests, you should make sure it's really worth it because I once encountered a game in which you can't match creeps of the same level, you need someone 5 levels lower to be able to farm efficiently. The result? Endless hours of slaying things that give little to no EXP.

I voted on the poll, I hope I'm not wrong. A DC.

Level 31
Wrathion, you put a lot of pressure on Hell_Master's shoulders with your last post, maybe too much, let's be slightly more realistic.

You mainly mentioned features linked to multiplayer RPG, this one is single player one, so time doesn't matter and it is worth doing everything.

By the way, how did you apply a poll to an already existing thread?

Level 30
APproject said:
Was it colorful text? If not, what it is?

No there are many but to give examples, some Dungeon kind of reset thingy or such and some are the basic though. If I go deeper I might fuly copy the game itself which is bad and not original.

Wrathion said:
No no no. You know how hard the drop rate is and you lengthen the respawn time?? :vw_sad:

I lengthen it because Imagine if you can get many Stone drops from these and found no use into this. You will just have to sell it and there you got lots of gold that you can even buy even of the higher equipments and items. I do think 300 seconds or 5 minutes is enough because there are actually many stones scattered in-game so while you are mining or destroying them for Stones, they will respawn and such

Wrathion said:
Ofcourse.. some things are identical. In Gaia's, the map was way too big so you couldn't figure out things in the minimap. I hope it's not the case here..

I also protest against the free skill points per level. One? Are you serious? I mean everyone almost dies in the Magical Forest. How about two? Four was far too many, but I think two is better.

Yes, the big minimap is really annoying that you can't figure things out but that size is above 256x256. That is why and game is exactly at 256x256 yet so no worries except if the game really needs to be bigger because of lack of places.

Wrathion said:
That should be answered from a player's perspective; the uniqueness of the game and the feeling of playing it. Many RPGs have imported custom trees and tiles, but they somehow look too stuffed and otherworldly.

I kind of agree into this that is why I am still retaining some Warcraft-ish style into the game such as trees acting as walls.

Wrathion said:
The terrain. Even an empty space is art, so you should always leave some here and there. Some custom cliffs would enhance your game feeling at times, while at times it does not in certain situations.

Agreeing here again. I've just learned that from you bro. I really agree that not all the time that custom cliffs will work well and make the game beautiful but can make a game also less attractive. It just depends on what fits in each situation.

Wrathion said:
Synergy and balance. This is very important, as it is the game's core. For example; DotA. Some heroes were balanced, and some were not. Is it truly like that? No, actually. All of them are balanced, only in some situations do some appear to work best.

Agreed again, most players in DotA really complains about imbalanceness but it really depends on how you use your hero to your advantages. Some hero cannot work well at a role and some can work well.

Wrathion said:
The heroes should have something unique in them too. The skills, how well they work out with each other. How they make the hero a fearsome, formidable opponent on the battlefield. How they help to crowd control and drive enemies back.

Yes, this is actually my first priority in heroes, their spells.

Wrathion said:
Items/Rewards/Relics. Is it worth fighting for? Is it worth the dangerous trek across the mountain? Will it help fight against stronger foes? (But you should also give relics a good price in the shop, so when the player finds something 'better' he can sell it and free an inventory space)

My first priority in items. I am thinking on what item drops will work out well in the bosses.

Wrathion said:
Quests. So they give rewards.. How will the rewards help? Is the reward, as said above, worth fighting for? Will it give the hero even more powerful blows, or armor near impregnable? Will it make the hero progress through the game faster, or will it make the game slower due to fake 'perks'? (< Some things that the player thinks is good and abuses it, thus ruining his game or what unsevere damage it causes to his gameplay)

This is the place where Im having quite difficulty though. I do think EXP and Gold awards are quite being abusive as rewards in the quest. I might think if I will change to some items to make XP and Gold gain not that abusive.

Wrathion said:
Uniqueness. What does the game offer? How is it different from other RPGs? Why is it that fun? Some models not present anywhere else.. Never seen before in any map. A style of cinematics that's splendid. How natural the feeling is.

Of course, that is my priority in the overall game. How can I attract players. Of course through the Unique features in-game.

Wrathion said:
If you make repeated quests, you should make sure it's really worth it because I once encountered a game in which you can't match creeps of the same level, you need someone 5 levels lower to be able to farm efficiently. The result? Endless hours of slaying things that give little to no EXP.

Im not yet sure if I will be adding a Repeated quests though.

Wrathion said:
I voted on the poll, I hope I'm not wrong. A DC.

Quite a high vote but thanks!

Hera_ said:
I'm hanging between Useful and Recommended right now but I know my vote will change when you finish so this is merely a pre-judging of your map :D

Thanks for the vote. I will try my best to release next version but as I say will take a while.

@All
Thank you very much for the comments especially Wrathion, those lessons indeed gave me some ideas for the game. What to do and What to avoid and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.