• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Heroes Tale

What do you think of the project map itself? (NO POLL TROLLING PLEASE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
When I tried it out the blacksmith rewarded me twice even though I only had one stone (The quest said 3). Also when I went to talk to the goddess nothing happened. I wasn't sure what to do after that.

Level 30
@Zoldam
Many reported that. Weird but I dont experience this. I'll try looking into it.

Found out the bug, I didnt set a coondition related to checking if there are 3 charges of this item on that specific quest. No worries now! And +4 REP to you by reporting that.

@sonofjay
Maybe later. =)

Last edited:
Level 30
Ok guys, here are 4 screenies showing the changes in the cliffs. Sorry for the Cliff Cave, I still dont know how to make a cave entrance spot or something without using that Cliff Cave.

Will also be posted at the main post and at their respective Hidden tags scattered throughout the pages here.

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 43.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 43.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 44.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 44.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 45.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 45.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 42.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 42.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 75
Level 10
If you want to make a cave entrance use the rocks and make them raise above the ground using ctrl + page up and make a dome shape so there is a entrance but obviously block with path blockers.

I suggest look at some more tutorials or go over them again to refresh your memory

Edit: you can do it the opposite way aswell by using the cave entrance you got now and use ctrl + page down, to hide the cliffs but not the entrance itself, with the oversized rocks

Level 3
Quite an interesting map. Played for some time then it got a little boring..
Why?
- First, the enemies respawn time is insane, you can barely kill one and theres already another coming at you.
- Then, if you hit one guy that is close to you, three other guys from outta nowhere appear too. Makes no sense. Find a way to reduce target acquiring range for the creeps.
- Consider giving three HP pots and three MP pots for Angus.
- Your Hero lines bro, he has an attitude of a Anti-Hero... He's arrogant, keeps repeating He's a hero...
- Also the lines in general are kinda dumb.
But
- The Icons are awesome, and so is the terrain.
- The Quests are well written.
- Angus ability is quite the life-saver, but should last a little longer.
- The models are SO awesome man, nice job there!!

All in all, this map is fairly good considering it is still in Alpha stage. To say the truth, it exceeded my expectations for a Alpha map. Please understand all I said was my opinion. I believe this map can be great and therefore all I said was said to help.

Overall: For a Alpha Map, it's good!

Level 30
Hey guys, sorry for no updates here but I am now currently doing the terrain for the outside Demon Base. No screenshots yet due to its not yet finish but will add some if I finished it.

BTW, using a new WE here namely New Gen WE 2.0. Really looks good and useful!

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Hey guys, sorry for no updates here but I am now currently doing the terrain for the outside Demon Base. No screenshots yet due to its not yet finish but will add some if I finished it.

BTW, using a new WE here namely New Gen WE 2.0. Really looks good and useful!

Can't wait to see it and the New Gen WE is amazing trust me.

Level 30
Guys, sorry for the double post but here it is. As I promised, the terrain of the Demon Base which is to be named Land of the Damned.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

127808d1374407471-heroes-tale-heroes-tale-terrain-screenshot-54.jpg

127809d1374407471-heroes-tale-heroes-tale-terrain-screenshot-55.jpg

127900d1375971226-heroes-tale-heroes-tale-terrain-screenshot-56.jpg

127901d1375971226-heroes-tale-heroes-tale-terrain-screenshot-57.jpg

attachment.php

By the way, its been a long time, there is no update so mark this as a new start =)

Feedbacks is appreciated and guys, I might continue this tommorow or after my mid-term exams. Quite busy actually and just find this right time.

Inner Crypts is at Early state yet and I am greatly appreciating feeds and also mostly you can give me some ideas on what to add as some more decors mostly at the fountains, may it be an SFX.

EDIT 1: Added 3 new screenshots for the early state of the Inner Crypts of the Land of the Damned.

EDIT 2: Added 2 new screenshot again of the early wip of the Inner Crypt.

EDIT 3: Added 3 new screenies showing the throne room of the Crypts where the Demon Lord Lich awaits your arrival!

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 46.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 46.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,139
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 47.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 47.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,169
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 48.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 48.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,113
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 49.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 49.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,062
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 50.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 50.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 51.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 51.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,089
Last edited:
Level 14
I like the inner crypts. I would suggest adding some more details, however. The floor looks very empty. The walls and statues are nice though. Maybe throw in a pile of skulls here and there or some cages or something. Just think about how a crypt would be. Good luck. Keep it up man

Level 23
It's good that you're still working on this project. Dedication! :D

Well, here's some of my "feedback":
-I think it should be Inner Crypt without the s since it's just one.
-The Inner Crypt is very spacious but I guess this is just because it's still in an early state. A suggestion though, Crypts aren't really spacious and usually filled with tombs so I guess you can resize it a little or maybe fill it up some more with some tombs, skeletons and maybe some cobwebs (There's a cobweb model floating round the net).
-Could you add some screenshots that has the gameview camera? It would help us in giving more useful advices.

Well, at least you're making progress with your RPG. I don't know how I could continue my RPG. -,-

EDIT: God, I'm a slow typer. 2 posts above me already.
EDIT 2: Well, you could breate cracks and raise the floor. It would look like the cement was cracked and rose from the ground thru natural force.

Level 30
Thank you for the feedback, this is quite detailed. And yes, dedication kept me going.

On to the suggestions:
-Yes, I would add some more decors and those tombs... can you give some examples maybe in WE itself or here of a tomb? Specific name maybe? (sometimes I am just too stupid to not know a tomb)
-Yes, cobwebs. Can you give a link. Will be much appreciated because thereare quite different variations of cobwebs here and it will be hard for me to choose.
-Screeshots for gamevew... might be but the doodad looks really big when in that view lol!

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that the project is once again rising from the ashes.

Level 23
My only reference for these is hive but there is a lot more in the net. Picked hive coz usually, the doodads here are pretty low in filesize.

Ancient Tomb - Might need to stretch this one for it to look like a crypt rather than a pedestal.
Ancient Tomb (Rounded Top)

There's also that Moria doodads that has a good looking tomb. I think it's made by olofmoleman.
The cobwebs are pretty simple but you can already work miracles with this simple thing.

And well, I wanted the gameview screenies because it would be better to judge the terrain by how you'll actually see it ingame. It would be stinky if your game only looks good in the screenshots and not in the actual game.

Level 14
There are some really great cobweb models in oGre's Refuge in Ruins If you don't want any that high quality I understand, but there are some really great models in that map for sure. I agree with the above posts about raising and lowering the ground. There could be raised areas with stairs leading to them. Or you could lower some areas and add some rocks and blocks to make it look like sink holes.

Level 30
Guys, new 2 screenies for the Inner Crypt. It is posted at the last compliation of those screenies but for convenience, here are the screenies.

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 52.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 52.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,068
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 53.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 53.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,055
Level 30
Sorry for the triple post but need to post an update. So btw, 2 new screenshots for the Inner Crypt but a different part of this place and it is called the Hallway. Only few places here needs to be done and on to the boss here and to the quest and expect ALPHA v0.2! Cheers!

BTW, feedbacks are appreciated!

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 54.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 54.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,068
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 55.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 55.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,057
Last edited:
Level 6
nice doodads on the edges try some putting small rocks on the side and maybe near the center so it will look like debris fall from the roof since it is a cave just like Seth's Reign dungeon. Add some enviromental effects like blue fog add and ambience sound.. any overall good terraining..

Level 30
Guys, I've nearly forgot. If you think this project fits your tase and would like to support it, vote it at the July Project Spotlight Nomination. Thank you very much!

Also, screenies will come later of the final room in the Crypt where the 1st Demon Lord will be located.

Level 8
Nice project you have here. I just have 2 suggestions for the crypts:
-Place something in the pathway because it's really empty imo.
-try making the doors of the crypt like the one I attached. It would be a lot better if you do that instead of just using a black doodad block.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 25
Level 30
Guys, project is not dead and will never be. As promised, here are 3 screenies showing the Crypts in the Throne Room and it is where the first Demon Lord, Lich can be located. Also its in early state yet and I am really needing feedbacks on what to improve and adding webs is already in my list btw.

Also, a great news. The v2.0 ALPHA of Heroes Tale is near on being released and here are record showing the thing I've done like what I did when v1.0 is near on its released:

v0.1b to v0.2 ALPHA Log

• Terraining the Inner Crypt where the first Demon Lord is located. Its near on being finished just making the terrain much better thorugh user's feedback and there.
  • Finished making the Demon Lord named Lich. His skill or spellset is being made by a new member who joined in the team named Wrathion. Much thanks to Wrathion!

• Adding items such as staff for the new hero that is a Mage class.
  • Adding the item drops for the boss, Lich. Drops for this boss is not only up to Rare quality but can go up to legendary quality. There is a small chance for it to drop but is worth it if you acquired it.

• Map of HT v0.2 given to Doomlord for grammar fixing. I will really need his expertise at this field because you all know that I have a bad grammar.
  • Wrathion is now making the spellset for the Demon Lord, Lich and also an addition, he is also doing the second spell for Angus.

• Doomlord finished fixing my grammar mistakes at map and additionally, added some templates for the descriptions which makes it neat and quite good to look at rather than pure wall of texts. He also added CSS which is Custom Stat System that will add more feature into the game which is Socketing System like in Diablo 3.
  • Wrathion also finished making the Demon Lord, Lich's spell which is a good news that will make the Lich Boss complete!
  • Started to work again fully in the game. Edited some Quest Gae Texts into game making them much more informative and also started adding new quest thus continuin the game's storyline.
  • Starting to update again the thread for posts are quite old and informations and screenshots are also old.

• AL0NE is making the UI for the Heroes Tale. He also provided some WiP which realy looks good and is going smoothly
  • Adding some Optional Quest and few more left to do. Stay tuned for more updates guys!

• Project is back in full development!
  • Map lended to HoOody who is HT's Terrainer though temporary for he doesnt confirm yet if he wants to. Expect many screenshots after his major revamp at Terrain!
  • Posted some early state WiP Screenshots of the revamp of the Forest of the Magical Goddess. Special Thanks to: Felipe Gormadoc for making this update possible.

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 56.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 56.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 57.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 57.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 58.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 58.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Level 30
Thanks for the feedback, neo_sluf and for the subscribe Wrathion!

@All
New updates! I am now creating the item drops for the Lich which includes cool drops and not only up to Rare quality items but he also drops Legendary items. There is a small chance to get it but is worth it if you got it.

Also adding items such as staffs for the new hero.

Lastly, updated the v0.1b to v0.2 ALPHA Log!

Level 31
There is a small chance to get it but is worth it if you got it.
From my own experience of making maps I find low percentage item drop from bosses at single player maps useless, because I can retry killing boss as many times as I want until I get the best drop. So the result of this is just a headache to get the drop, but one might get it for sure if reloading many times. Plus, if a player happen not to abuse save/load function and go on with the drop that he gets from the first try, some players may have really good gear while others may not, this calls for disbalance in my opinion.

Level 30
Coming soon. And APproject, the Demon Lord are storylined boss and so their drops is only at that part that if you killed them. If you got the unique drops, you're luck and if not, too bad. I do know this is quite imbalance but I would like to capture the RPG essence through this and I know it might cause some issues and I can only see this reason good for me.

@All
Progress is halted for some weeks due to me getting busy and busy that I am just opening to see for comments. Next week or next 2 weeks I might find all the time to work on this so consider this days as a resting day for me but Abandon? Heck NO!

Level 30
Ok, good news, find a good time to use my laptop so Im partially back. Now, on to my to-do list:

• Improve grammars at cinematic unit transmissions and possible also game texts, item decriptions and spell description.
  • Adding some things that is accidentally forgotten to do in the ALPHA 0.1 which is such as the first dungeon which is the lair of the Broodmother, there is no exit to it.
  • Adding the waygates for each places and dungeons to make it complete.

There are more but this is what I'll do for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.