• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Heroes Tale

What do you think of the project map itself? (NO POLL TROLLING PLEASE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Not the terrain, the terrain is HD, I mean the doodads....
It's single players right??

Well, as I have said doodads also is a part of a terrain that gives life to it and I want to make the game to stay and have a Warcraft 3 feeling so If I change all to HD doodads, terrain itself will be pleasing but It is not what I aim..... also MasterTrainer has a point too.

Level 13
If he intends to host this online, then it's passed the required map size. Besides, HD doodads are hell huge on file size. I think he wants to limit the usage.

I see.... You never play it....
I has play it, the map is 20MB+

@Hell_Master: Okay.... Don't worry about that.... Maybe you need seperated the trees.... It's still look like wall, make path every trees for feel so lively

Level 30
I see.... You never play it....
I has play it, the map is 20MB+

@Hell_Master: Okay.... Don't worry about that.... Maybe you need seperated the trees.... It's still look like wall, make path every trees for feel so lively

Its quite hard but I will get into that in the future for the terrain's improvement! Thank you for the numerous feedback and help, +2 REP!

Level 10
@Hell_Master, terrain looks much better in new region getting better which is good. Only problem I have with it is that dark dirt, since it doesnt look smooth with the sand, but Im geussing your using that tile for significance like evil or desolate etc

Level 30
@Hell_Master, terrain looks much better in new region getting better which is good. Only problem I have with it is that dark dirt, since it doesnt look smooth with the sand, but Im geussing your using that tile for significance like evil or desolate etc

Yes, Im using the tile to symbolize evil or desolate and thanks because I have come up with a better name to change with the area Foul Wastelend. It is now renamed to Desolated Wastelands.

Level 30
Guys, this is not yet dead. Just doing some contest stuffs here in Hive but I do make a little progress with the help of Elite. Added game texts that when you enter or leave a place, it will notify you! Thats all for now, sorry!

Level 13
All the members who joined are great too so not really expecting to win. Expecting for fun!

Yeah, well just hope you will be in the 1st Rank ;) ;)

515Mwih.gif
Humm....

Last edited:
Level 12
I am seeing some sentences that may need correcting. I could help you with structuring these sentences. I wanted to do so right now, but copying everything from the terrain is too much of a hassle. If you want to, you could send me a documented copy of the cinematic script, and the other tooltips and stuff. And uh, subscribed.

Level 30
I am seeing some sentences that may need correcting. I could help you with structuring these sentences. I wanted to do so right now, but copying everything from the terrain is too much of a hassle. If you want to, you could send me a documented copy of the cinematic script, and the other tooltips and stuff. And uh, subscribed.

Hey, thanks bro. To be honest progress is stopped and maybe I can send the map for correcting the grammars in cinematic when I finish it for ALPHA 0.2!

And thanks for subscribing!

Level 12
Hey, thanks bro. To be honest progress is stopped and maybe I can send the map for correcting the grammars in cinematic when I finish it for ALPHA 0.2!

And thanks for subscribing!

I see. I neither have WE nor do I have a computer to check the map with. Maybe you could send me the sentences here?

First gameplay screenshot: Should be has because goddess is singular, unless you meant goddesses which refers to more than one. The last two phrases could also be made better.
Second: If he was asked if he was worried, then it should be: "O-Of course, yes I am! And it's not just me but all of us! Don't you know what's been happening (recently)/(these times) around? Recently or these times is pnly a culd-be-added word to the sentence.
Third: If he was asked if the weapon is already finished, then it should be: "(Ah)/(Oh) yes! It is! Here you go, may this weapon help you in your travels."

Just a scope of what I could do. And yes, this was rushed. I'm using a tablet atm so I might have typos, sorry about that.

Level 30
I see. I neither have WE nor do I have a computer to check the map with. Maybe you could send me the sentences here?

First gameplay screenshot: Should be has because goddess is singular, unless you meant goddesses which refers to more than one. The last two phrases could also be made better.
Second: If he was asked if he was worried, then it should be: "O-Of course, yes I am! And it's not just me but all of us! Don't you know what's been happening (recently)/(these times) around? Recently or these times is pnly a culd-be-added word to the sentence.
Third: If he was asked if the weapon is already finished, then it should be: "(Ah)/(Oh) yes! It is! Here you go, may this weapon help you in your travels."

Just a scope of what I could do. And yes, this was rushed. I'm using a tablet atm so I might have typos, sorry about that.

Thanks, If I go back to the project. I will change them to yours. =)

Level 12
Thanks, If I go back to the project. I will change them to yours. =)

I wouldn't suggest changing it atm, since I only based it on your posted screenshots. Some of the sentences I made depend on the conversation. I'm not sure if they were replying to the main character, so the aforementioned sentences may be wrong. I'd like to have a peek first before changing stuff.

Level 30
I wouldn't suggest changing it atm, since I only based it on your posted screenshots. Some of the sentences I made depend on the conversation. I'm not sure if they were replying to the main character, so the aforementioned sentences may be wrong. I'd like to have a peek first before changing stuff.

Okay, but it will take time as the progress here is halt for a moment because of the contests I am participating into.

Level 30
Guys, I am here to announce that Heroes Tale is back in action after many times it is inactive because of me busy in Contest works.

But I did still make a little progress about new team member joining us, Doomlord being as my writer and Hexcellion, one who will fix some of my suckish grammar at cinematics. Most of all, with the help of EliTe or should we say En_Tropy, we made a system that displays your location when entering different places.

That is all for now. Thank you!

Level 30
ha this is cool, I'll be looking forward to this, and good job with those wips they look neat :)

Hey, a comment from Orcie. Thanks much bro. Just resumed this project now and will be releasing some screenies again later showing the Stone of Summoning at its location.

+4 REP for the feedback!

Added a new screenshot for Unstable Den and I am still not changing those rocks in the B_Cliffs but I'll star experimenting with all of your suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Demon Lord? :cgrin: Interesting. :) I'm waiting for his name. =))
I'll look forward soon. Can't wait to play it in next updates :-7

Status
Not open for further replies.