• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] Heroes Tale

What do you think of the project map itself? (NO POLL TROLLING PLEASE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Bro... really. Fix the floating rocks (in the caves and in some areas too) =)

SCREENSHOTS:
Some trees are floating:
2013-04-13%2017_27_13-%5BRole%20Playing%20Game%5D%20Heroes%20Tale%20-%20The%20Hive%20Workshop.jpg

Floating Rock on the right:
2013-04-13%2017_26_58-%5BRole%20Playing%20Game%5D%20Heroes%20Tale%20-%20The%20Hive%20Workshop.jpg

Obvious Floating Rock:
2013-04-13%2017_27_39-%5BRole%20Playing%20Game%5D%20Heroes%20Tale%20-%20The%20Hive%20Workshop.jpg

Small Floating Rock:
2013-04-13%2017_27_52-%5BRole%20Playing%20Game%5D%20Heroes%20Tale%20-%20The%20Hive%20Workshop.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
I found out that I can't recive Markus's (<fun to Pronunce, right?) quest.
Is it a bug? I hope I can help you about it.

Level 30
I found out that I can't recive Markus's (<fun to Pronunce, right?) quest.
Is it a bug? I hope I can help you about it.

Sorry for the late response so here to answer your question, you can only accept Markus' quest if you have the Blacksmith's first Optional quest because they are somewhat connected.

Almia/Radamantus said:
I think Jean Grey is inside his map.

Lol, why, bro?

Level 10
I have played for a couple of minutes just to give it a look, and I have a few helpful criticisms/inquiries;

1. I would look over your spelling, some of it isn't using the correct tense and/or correct spelling. This is not an important issue, but it is always nice for the player's pleasure.
2. The house at the beginning is massive! Like huge! He is definitely rich. I'm not sure if you are going to add anything extra later on into the game in the house, but I think it is taking up to much space, and feels unnecessary
3. Great Strength, the description says and I quote "Angus lets out a warcry of strength", the description is fine, it's the special effect which doesn't really suit the description. I would change the special effect from Thunder Clap to Avatar, Warcry, or any other suiting special effect.

Sorry if I'm picky, but it's to help polish your project so you don't have to worry about it later.

~ Best of Luck ~

Level 30
I have played for a couple of minutes just to give it a look, and I have a few helpful criticisms/inquiries;

1. I would look over your spelling, some of it isn't using the correct tense and/or correct spelling. This is not an important issue, but it is always nice for the player's pleasure.
2. The house at the beginning is massive! Like huge! He is definitely rich. I'm not sure if you are going to add anything extra later on into the game in the house, but I think it is taking up to much space, and feels unnecessary
3. Great Strength, the description says and I quote "Angus lets out a warcry of strength", the description is fine, it's the special effect which doesn't really suit the description. I would change the special effect from Thunder Clap to Avatar, Warcry, or any other suiting special effect.

Sorry if I'm picky, but it's to help polish your project so you don't have to worry about it later.

~ Best of Luck ~

Thank you, CroMoX for the feedback and also the criticism. Im gonna fix them but for the houses. The house is really designed like that and doesnt need changes.. +2 REP for the feedback by the way!

Level 5
cool map so far. first bug i found is that u dont Need 3 magical Stones to get the sword. i had 2 and he gave me the sword. when i got the 3rd Stone i went back to the blacksmith and while the cinematic the game stuck!!!

Level 20
Law of gravity tends to affect objects those are in specific atmospheric circumstances, such as on earth. His game is maybe on some other planet, maybe grassy moon, where atmospheric preasure defiles law of gravity by overpowering it's strength.
So adding more floating rocks is another way of fixing things i guess.

Creativity at its best I guess.

Level 30
cool map so far. first bug i found is that u dont Need 3 magical Stones to get the sword. i had 2 and he gave me the sword. when i got the 3rd Stone i went back to the blacksmith and while the cinematic the game stuck!!!

Thank you for the feedback. Well, many are saying this but I didnt yet experience this. When you gather 3rd Magical Stone, it must transform in to a Pile and complete quest.

Level 20
@ Sir_Astral Not necessarily. As I know, creativity involves the production of novel, useful products, the process of producing something that is both original and worthwhile, or characterized by originality and expressiveness and imaginative. What is produced can come in many forms and is not specifically singled out in a subject or area.

Level 14
@ Sir_Astral Not necessarily. As I know, creativity involves the production of novel, useful products, the process of producing something that is both original and worthwhile, or characterized by originality and expressiveness and imaginative. What is produced can come in many forms and is not specifically singled out in a subject or area.

All of it is true, but before you "create" something you will have to imagine it from all possible perspectives. That's it :p abstraction

Level 30
New Updates! Nothing to show much but I am here to say that in ALPHA 0.2, the second Hero of the game will make its appearance joining our friend, Angus in his adventures. And also, discover a secret about Angus' hometown that will be revealed in 0.2!

Level 30
For everyone to know what to expect on the next realease, ALPHA 0.2. I am here to show the Updates of the next version, the list may not be complete yet but I am gonna add each time so dont forget to always have a look:

ALPHA 0.2 Updates

-More Main and Optional Quests (Already made 3 Main quest)
-New Character to be shown, Rein, the Bloodelf Magician
-Secrets revealed about Angus' hometown and more interesting storyline.
-More items that includes equipments and maybe consumables too.
-New areas! The Foul Wasteland and the Deserted Town
-New skills for Angus.
-More Dungeons to enter so more bosses to loot items.
-Bug fixes

More Updates will be added so stay updated and always have a look here!

Last edited:
Level 6
Im not sure if im a bit to late for a game review but anyway i try it:

Bug:
- if i ran to the dwarve to regenerate and i had 2 magical stones / 1 spahire. i dialouge started but no cinematic so far. So i walked away and kept my sword / my 3 stones and my magical sword. i guess thats not supposed to be.
- after this i continued creeping found a 3rd magical stones went to the dwarve and the cinematic started finally saidly it looks like the cinematic doesnt end at all it stucks.

Things i would change:
- There should be some kind of rest Skill for the hero because it takes quite long to regenerate.
- You should give those stone doodads a pathblocker because after killing those magical stones you can walk through them.
- you can walk through most of the doodads inside the house of the dwarve.
- The terrain looks a bit strange. use more doodads at the forestborder, also dont let the border be so straigth. Furthermore some trees in the playable area would be nice aswell. The forest actually doenst look like a forest.

I hope i could help a bit, looking forward to the 2nd alpha version.

Shapy

Level 30
Im not sure if im a bit to late for a game review but anyway i try it:

Bug:
- if i ran to the dwarve to regenerate and i had 2 magical stones / 1 spahire. i dialouge started but no cinematic so far. So i walked away and kept my sword / my 3 stones and my magical sword. i guess thats not supposed to be.
- after this i continued creeping found a 3rd magical stones went to the dwarve and the cinematic started finally saidly it looks like the cinematic doesnt end at all it stucks.

Things i would change:
- There should be some kind of rest Skill for the hero because it takes quite long to regenerate.
- You should give those stone doodads a pathblocker because after killing those magical stones you can walk through them.
- you can walk through most of the doodads inside the house of the dwarve.
- The terrain looks a bit strange. use more doodads at the forestborder, also dont let the border be so straigth. Furthermore some trees in the playable area would be nice aswell. The forest actually doenst look like a forest.

I hope i could help a bit, looking forward to the 2nd alpha version.

Shapy

Thank you for the review. I will fix those in the upcoming ALPHA 0.2. That review is really motivating me more! +2 REP for taking your time to review the map.

Level 30
Yo Hell_Master... just a suggestion here (you don't have to do it)
124501d1365943068-heroes-tale-heroes-tale-terrain-screenshot-36.jpg

How about you change the visible tiles inside the house/tent so that it looks like a prper house/tent and not something someone built for props...

Just a friendly suggestion.

Well, maybe I can but there is a big chance Im not gonna because you see... I am having a problem on Tile Space.... I already have 12 tiles and also the limit of WE is 12 tiles. But thank you for the suggestion so to repay you, here's a +2 REP.

Level 13
I like this project, also the terrain at some points looks a bit messy, remember do not spam too many dead bodies and too many skulls and stuff. The thing that can give the terrain a better look is the unflatish ground. Make some higher make some lower parts. It will look so much more original. Over all I like this so here you go some pancakes.

Level 30
I like this project, also the terrain at some points looks a bit messy, remember do not spam too many dead bodies and too many skulls and stuff. The thing that can give the terrain a better look is the unflatish ground. Make some higher make some lower parts. It will look so much more original. Over all I like this so here you go some pancakes.

Thank ya, bro. I love the pancakes. By the way, on to topic, looks messy? Ok, I'll improve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.