• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Heroes Tale

What do you think of the project map itself? (NO POLL TROLLING PLEASE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
BTW if you still have that armor problem, try halving the next line in two and putting the first half into that field.

I do quite have though of a personal solution and the idea is like this also so thank you very much for sharing that, would be helpful.

Also to say at least an update for this post. Good news, I'm again starting at this slowly. Right now, I am fixing/spotting most of the grammar errors in any cases in-game and at the same time updating this thread and the group also for little informations of new updates. Also, the main point of this update is that I am now continuing the Main quests for the game: adding to continue the storyline up to the Demon Lord, Lich. Adding optional quests might also be a possible for me to continue to go with the Main quests so just stay updated and watch out for more updates.

Level 30
Thanks for the feedback Rheiko and also guys, I nearly forgot its the nomination and I can see, some are voting again for this project. Thank you guys and I all assure you that all of your votes will not go to waste but I will work hard!

More updates coming later!

Level 30
Thank you once again Rheiko for the comment, that is very supportive of you. BTW as promised guys, new updates though no screenshots but ol' wall of texts again:

• Added the Demon Lord, Lich's spellset.

And for what to do next:

• Adding Lich's item drops when defeated.
  • Fixing some minor game bugs (includes, grammar mistakes at texts, doodads with wrong pathing or no pathing and more..)

Level 30
Thank you jake for the vote but weird. Dis you really vote for I cant see it.

BTW, new minor updates:
  • Fixed item and spell description texts
  • Finished the quest on slaying the Demon Lord, Lich and also includes there the scene before you battle him and the scene after the battle. And that will mark the end of the Demon Lord, Lich and the game also. The world will be back to a peaceful state also.

Whats left to do is:
  • Fix the minor bugs that still lingers the game of course
  • Add the drops for the Demon Lord, Lich and also to the creeps to add something interesting.

BTW, on sooner updates, expect Gameplay Screenshots! :cgrin:

Level 12
I'm sorry for being away so long. However, I won't forget my promise to help you out on the UI. :) it's a hero's oath! :D nah, i'm no hero. =/ anyway, here's a preview of the minimap part.
attachment.php

P/S: This artwork doesn't belong to me. It's pure CnP, atm. I'm not sure did the hive's rules had changed while I was away, but IIRC resources that is made specifically for a map doesn't apply to the 'no CnP' rule. I do hope someone can clarify this for me though.

Attachments

• HT UI preview.png
    HT UI preview.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 110
Level 30
Oh my god, that really looks awesome once again! I like what you are doing there ALONE. Also to answer your question about putting Tiger. Sorry to say but I must reject because simple reason is I quite dont see it fitting though. Also applies to Selection Circle.

And guys, I need your comment about what ALONE is doing and this is also serving as an update here. Do you all guys think it fits for HT or not? My opinion is not enough so I am hearing out all your opinions.

Level 12
Nah, scratch the tiger idea. It was meant for the hero's portrait but after playing around with the editings, the result is now pretty amazing already. I thought I couldn't find a way to patch the empty areas, but now it looks fine. :) Will try to do the upper UI parts soon.

Level 30
Thank you for the feedbacks everyone and to answer a question or post my comment

@~Nightmare
Thanks for the vote and also rating of it. I really do suggest you to play the map and better, you can give me some feedbacks on what to improve add and such either in this offical project thread or Social group here. But 0.2 ALPHA is quite near on its releasing so stay tuned!

BTW, some minor updates here. Today is quite a busy day but still managed to work on this one and made a progress at least:
  • AL0NE is making the UI specifically for Heroes Tale. I need your feedback here guys mostly its better if you will tell me if it fits on the game or not. Please tell your honest opinion on this one.
  • Managed to do some Optional quests that will be available for this coming 0.2 ALPHA. Few more optional quest left!

What to do:
  • AL0NE's: Of course for him to finish the UI but he has all the time so if AL0NE is reading this, you have all the time :)
  • Finish the few left optional quests and lastly to fix the bugs that are not fixed at the older version which is 0.1b ALPHA.

That is all for this brief minor updates! I forgot to upload a old screenshot and will do upload it now on its specific post and also forgot to update the Changelog or Log showing the progress made in dates (also shows how near ALPHA 0.2 is near at its completion), will also do update it now!

Level 12
I have all the time huh? but I couldn't help to edit some more just now. haha :p Just finished my Math assignment so I tried to give it a go to the rest of the UI. There might be some flaws here and there, but overall it looks pretty solid now. I do hope there's feedbacks as well regarding which part is nice, which part needs to be polished, which part needs to be removed(LOL :D) etc.
attachment.php

Note: I didn't shrink it this time anyway, mainly because I would like you guys to have a clear view on it when giving feedbacks. :)

EDIT: I've uploaded a wrong preview. Forgot to hide the Original UI of war3. Silly me. Fix'd the pic.

Attachments

• HT UI preview3.png
    HT UI preview3.png
    844.3 KB · Views: 167
Level 1
Why iis angus soooo like that? i thought he would be like a warrior like the spartans or looks like the captain form warcraft!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Level 30
ALONE, that upper corner of the UI looks very good and fits with the other parts as well! But if I may add to my request, can you also create a cursor that will go with this UI? I hope Im not disturbing you that much though.

matt5556, thank you for your feedback. It is really happy to hear that you liked the game. Of course, more bosses coming up on each version updates.

Now guys, I am here again to announce some new updates:
  • Added a new Optional Quest which will be probably the secnd to the last quest for this ALPHA version 0.2!
  • Other than Rein who is the new hero that will be featured for this next version, decided to add another one for this version though he will only join the party for a short period or to exactly say it, just in one quest.

That is all for the updates. It might be short but I do know the news about another hero that will be featured at the next version makes this news quite interesting. Stay here for more updates!

Level 12
ALONE, that upper corner of the UI looks very good and fits with the other parts as well! But if I may add to my request, can you also create a cursor that will go with this UI? I hope Im not disturbing you that much though.
A cursor for the UI? well, I'm not sure about that. I personally think the Human UI cursor fit pretty well. lol :D But I'll try and make a custom cursor. ;)

EDIT:
How about this one? o_O the concept is the orb in the center will glow red when hovered onto hostiles, and green when hovered to allies. :D
attachment.php

Attachments

• HTcursor.png
    HTcursor.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Level 1
Change the lich boss to another necromatic,demonic and has minions surrounding it and add more skulls Moar skulls anyway i always play this map coz i cant get tired of its awesomeness

Level 30
I am so glad, matt you liked it that there is a point you played it too much :) and Wrathion, sadly just for only one quest.

And guys, my mid term exam are drawing near so this project will be quite inactive for a week or if there is a little chances of updates, it will be minor ones only. Hope you all understand!

Level 30
Thank you for motivating feedback :)

BTW, guys, well I made some little updates. Added the Kobold Earth Guardian, this Kobold will serve as a Dungeon Boss at the dungeon Unstable Den. Currently brainstorming ideas for its spells... right now I have this ff ideas for his spell:

Earth Guardian Spellset
*Trembling Force
The Earth Guardian slams the ground that knockbacks nearby units, stunning them for x duration and dealing x damage.

*Crush
Gives a x% chance to Knockback hitted enemy units, dealing x bonus damage.

*Ultimate: Boulder Crush
The Kobold casts upon a great magic that makes boulder fall at Dust Regions (Regions where Dust doodads are). In this state, the Kobold is channeling for 10 seconds and will last for the same duration as the channeling time. Casting unit is paused at this duration!
Still ideas are being accepted! :)

So, this serves as the little update for this time
~Hell_Master

Level 23
Well, since your map is an SRPG and SRPG's greatest feature (IMO) is the boss fight, I think you should add more strategic boss fights rather than plain hack and slash. Using skills like:

[TD]
navbits_start.gif
Boss Skill 1: the kobold summons X boulders from random points near the dungeon walls that will travel at high speed to the current position of the target hero. If the hero gets hit by any of the boulders, he will suffer damage and will get stunned/knockedback. The boulder will not get destroyed unless it hits cliffs or hits other boulders.

Skill strength: The hero could be hit by several boulders and get stunned multiple times.
Skill weakness: The hero could just move away from his position to avoid being hit by the boulders.[/TD]
[TD]
navbits_start.gif
Boss Skill 2: the kobold turns the ground around the hero into quagmire. If the hero stays in place, he will not get slowed but if the target hero moves, he will get slowed and will get hit life drained.

Skill strength: The target hero will be hit by Skill # 1 much more easier.
Skill weakness: It will only slow the hero and do minor damage per second.[/TD]
[TD]
navbits_start.gif
Boss Skill 3: the kobold leaps and lands at a random spot in the dungeon. The force of the kobold landing into the ground is so great that it will create tremors that will shake boulders off the cave roof and will fall at random spots in the dungeon. If the kobold lands close to the hero, the hero will suffer damage and will get knocked back.

Skill strength: Can deal high amounts of damage if the hero gets hit by boulders while he is knocked back with the leap.
Skill weakness: There's no guarantee that the kobold will land near the hero.[/TD]

That's all my suggestions for now, I'm already taking things from my RPG and giving em to you. xP
However, this does need a bit of triggering and changing of the dungeon layout but it's up to you if you'll implement it or not. All I wanna say is that dungeon fights will just attack and spells are boring. Using regions for your boulder crush makes the skill really predictable making it a tad boring. Why not use 1 region and just create the boulders randomly in that region? ;3

and BTW, I don't think it's necessary to give dungeon boss' skills a name because a player won't be able to read that skill anyway.

EDIT: AL0NE, great job on the cursor and the UI. Even though it has some CnP, it still showed a great result. :3

Level 30
Those ideas looks really great to be honest and best fits the boss though let me see if Wrathion can mimic those ideas and turn them into reality (though Im not doubting his skills.)

BTW, thank you for the idea and +4 REP as a sign of appreciation.

Level 30
@Rheiko
Of course you are free to give ideas :3

BTW, guys, new little updates. Here are some screenshots of the Boss Area of Unstable Den where the Kobold Earth Guardian can be located. The terrain is at its earlies state possible and I do need your help on what to put for I am really out of ideas.

Boss' Team Color will be removed to avoid confusing players of it as a hero Boss but its actually just a unit boss.

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 61.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 61.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 62.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 62.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 67
Level 30
Thanks, quite brainstorming some ideas by playing some RPGs out there. This is is not abandoned or if there is chances it is inactive, there will be always time I will come back for I cant let this project rot like my other projects.

Level 30
This is a good news here by Hell_Master, your awesome creator of HT xD that Heroes Tale is in full development again so expect some updates.

EDIT 1: Map will be given to HooOdy who is the terrainer for Heroes Tale though not the permanent terrainer. He will completly revamp the terrain to a greater one so after this, expect many terrain screenshots of the new looks of the terrain of each parts in the map!

EDIT 2: A new member joined the HT Team which is Felipe Gormadoc and HoOody as the Terrainers. Map will be sended to him now for a complete revamp. Expect some updates in Terrain revamp changes for 1 week, yes long for he is also busy, I mean by he is Felipe Gormadoc.

Last edited:
Level 30
Just saying that sorry for taking so long but sad to say, the terrainers are still working on the revamping of the terrain and will also do my part as the leader there for possible changes and such.

I promise all of you as soon it is done, I will post it here as a big news including the Special Thanks to the two terrainers who are currently working in it which is HooOdy and Felipe Gormadoc.

Hope you understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.