• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Hero Siege RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
@Rence Kristoff
Hai bud, I have released a beta version of the next update. Almost everything is done and bugs seem to be mostly gone, the only issue is I haven't finished Jaina's evolution and i've lost a lot of motivation to continue recently. If you want I could release this beta version publicly so you can play. There's a lot of cool stuff in it. I started working on Maiev too though, I have the entire kit pretty much mapped out in my head, but it's not in the game yet.

Level 30
Well since she's meant to still be utility while providing a bit more of a offensive approach, why not go with something like a heavy duty supportive/offensive skill? Furion is fully defensive with an ultimate that can deal damage. Jaina is semi-offensive, so more utility would complete the cycle.

Anyhow, some suggestions are bellow:

R) Wizardress' Determination
For the following 16 seconds, Jaina gains Empowered spells on every spellcast. Casting Empower itself will instead reset all ability cooldowns.

Which, if it's suitable, perhaps calls for an update of E: (new stuff in italic)

E) Dimensional Step
Jaina moves a very slight fraction in time, allowing for a short-range teleportation and a second of invulnerability after this spell is cast. Empowered Dimensional Step additionally restores mana to allies in very small AoE. Passively reduces cooldown of Empower.

or, another idea.

R) Grand Finale
Instantly drains all of Jaina's remaining mana to damage a single enemy. All allies near target will heal for 25% of damage dealt.

Level 1
she should get another new skill that dropped from a boss. (like frostmourne hungers, illidan rage, etc.). maybe some passive or Something usefull against boss. Or because its so easy for her to regen mana, something active that will spend her mana (Just like malf could spam D)
also dont forget that empower on W and Q is very bad in late game. you should buff it or improve it with evolve.

Level 12
Hero Siege RPG v.27
*NEW*
Jaina has been added

*NEW*
Amazing new scoreboard added by Zubatman (aka BigNailGreen)

Arthas:

Sapphiron health increased
Guards/Damned Servants now have a new ability. Teleports them to Arthas and grants temporary invulnerability

Sylvanas:

Resolve Icon changed

Grom:
War Stomp mana cost reduced from 90 to 80
Reign of Chaos damage reduced from 5000 to 4000

Malfurion:
Backcast Swing reduced (He will cast his spells faster)
Malfurion's Blessing of the Wild (Heal) at level ultimate now passively heals 300 instead of 180
Malfurion can now have more than 1 summon from Wisdom and unit stats have been tweaked accordingly
Emerald Dream cooldown reduced from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.

Illidan:
Illidan base armor increased from 0 to 1

General:
Maiev comming next and soon! :D
Timer between Antonidas and Terenas teleport reduced
Atonidas room elementals have been slightly buffed
Several blockers have been put in place to prevent teleporting outside of playable zones
Kael now summons his guards a little earlyer
Arthas may no longer leave the Evolution Zone without claiming frostmourne
Added changelog explaining Ethereal Stone
"ihave2dads" has been added to supporter's item list (saw him hosting it a lot)
Blademaster boss weakened.

Bug Fixes:
Fixed bug where Leavers/Evolves heroes would randomyl pop-up in unwanted places (Hopefully)
Malfurion's Remorse (D) now properly upgrades upong reaching level 9
Leaver's heroes will no longer randomly turn up in the playable map area
Timers no longer bugs after 3rd dungeon
Various typos fixed
Fixed bug, where multiple people could start the same minigame
Fixed bug, where timers stopped working after dungeon 3

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Hero Siege RPG v.27 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com
(The map is also up on Makemehost.com)

JainaAbilities
uDExI3b.jpg

103308-79df3e980fc0759fb2773b35244e46c4.jpg
Empower (D): Empowers the next ability cast

79582-43e5faea7b06232c25bbd015ba2b2948.jpg
Arcane Missiles (Q): Damages 4 random nearby enemies
110952-5c050c65fd7125c1c0c31c641fb18e39.jpg
Mystic Barrier (W): Heals allies and stuns enemies
80630-5e9eccedbcb5db8b197ad37b5781a38d.jpg
Dimensional Step (E): Teleports a short distance and grants mana on spellcast

cxJElX6.jpg

94342-393eaf4edeeb08f4f4fafbe12682a604.jpg
Magic Surge (D): Summons a minion on spellcast
100419-c57a82383f3fce64bd14262d8dd4d2a1.jpg
Arcane Barrage (Q): Deals massive damge to nearby foes
100169-c6b7b182fbf51459325a771fd5267f00_tn2.jpg
Arcane Field (W): Heals allies, damages and stuns foes
86850-728148ef210b41f795934a8b7e4b1b07_tn2.jpg
Reality Bend (E): Teleports a short distance and refunds mana
99767-89182f2af9ddb2174a0141bf0010c425.jpg
Mirror Entity (R): Summons an image that casts spells when you do

Discussion
Jaina
Sorry this version took so long, I really hit a writer's block for Jaina's evolution, so I let the map sit a while. I think it paid off though, because the i'm incredibly proud of what I came up with for her evo. It's hard to really understand through those very basic spell descriptions up top, but using Jaina's ultimate in combination with her spell kit is really really fun and satisfying. Basically you can 3-4 Mirror Entities on the field and be jumping around casting spells with your main Jaina causing your Entities to be really effective. I hope you guys get to try it! Though you'll have to make it to the 4th dungeon, which doesn't happen very. Major shoutout to @Apheraz Lucent for her suggestions. The ult is basically her suggestions of all spells being empowered for a duration, but with a twist. Though i'm still not satisfied with Jain's base form, it still seems a little clunky at the start.

Scoreboard
Big thanks to @NailBigGreen for that scoreboard! It is really nifty and makes the map look a lot more polished! I really appreciate all the work he put into it and the continuous support her offered.

Supporters
Just wanted to throw a lil thanks to you guys for your continuous feedback, support and interest in the project:D @AwesomeGuy @Rence Kristoff @Apheraz Lucent @NailBigGreen,

Plans
I'm thinking of sending this version to Wtii's suggested maps, now that the version is most likely stable, hopefully he will play it on stream and he makes a video for it on Youtube. I'm also thinking of uploading this to the maps section of hive, but i'm not sure yet. Though it may bring in more players. What do you fine folks think.

Anyways thank you all :)

Level 30
Uploading it in Map section? Sure. Your map is stable enough and offers enough content to be rated, reviewed and played fully, and is polished enough as well.

You can always request a remoderation in case you do some drastic changes, but having an expert's opinion will sure do help.

Also, remember to protect your maps. Saw another rip off today.

Level 1
Well i get aleast 1 slicer dropped everygame, (i got 9 dropped in another). so op.
Also question, jaina evolves at the new dungeon or when malf evovles? does she get a new skill as well? (except her ult)
also, leader board still bugged.

Level 2
Well i get aleast 1 slicer dropped everygame, (i got 9 dropped in another). so op.
Also question, jaina evolves at the new dungeon or when malf evovles? does she get a new skill as well? (except her ult)
also, leader board still bugged.
Not sure if he actually uploaded the new ver with the fixed multiboard. Also, the slicer is a level 8 item, that is why it is dropping. And yes, Jaina gets new abilities and an ult.

Level 12
WOOOO Wtii played my map on stream :D
Though, he played the version that accidentally drops The Slicer on regular mobs, but it's fine, because he wasn't very good, so it allowed him to progress.

Also i'm still working on the new version. Tyrande will be the next hero. I've completed her base form (it's playable on MMH, v28BETA), and I'm really proud of the 2 spells i've completed so far on her EVO, but I ran out of ideas for her other 3 spells.

Level 2
Though, he played the version that accidentally drops The Slicer on regular mobs, but it's fine, because he wasn't very good, so it allowed him to progress.

Also i'm still working on the new version. Tyrande will be the next hero. I've completed her base form (it's playable on MMH, v28BETA), and I'm really proud of the 2 spells i've completed so far on her EVO, but I ran out of ideas for her other 3 spells.
For Tyrande, what about... Elune's call. Basically, a non-channel starfall. I'm not even sure what class she is supposed to be though.

Level 12
she already has something like that and she's a Sylvanas alternative
Heres a quick run down of her spells
Base mode
(D) marks all units in targeted area + damages and reduces armor
(Q) does a non-channel starfall that damages all marked units
(W) Increases stats + heals based on number of marked units
(E) Grants base dmg and % chance summons an archer on attack

EVO
(D) periodically summons an owl marks a random nearby target (It's like Quinn's passive from LoL)
(Q) ??
(W) ??
(D) deals % of agility as bonus damage on marked units
(R) ??

Once I get her evo done, I will release the new version

Level 30
So she's meant to be a more debuffing variation of Sylvanas slot instead of damage orientated? Nice.

Has a nice synergy, but I think W and E are a bit off. If D reduces armor in AoE and marks her enemies for her other spells, it could be fun to have other spells consume the mark to apply an additional effect, so she can chose to either, for example, Q them for more damage, or do another spell to further debuff them. Her passive could be a chance that a mark will not be consumed in spellcasting, and also allowing her to passively apply the mark via attacks as well (if it's of a long cooldown).

Gratz on WTII's play tho. Shame that it was a wrong version but it's fine :)
That should attract more players here.

Level 12
So she's meant to be a more debuffing variation of Sylvanas slot instead of damage orientated? Nice.
Yesshhh :D

Has a nice synergy, but I think W and E are a bit off
I know, I'm improving my triggering and trying crazier stuff, which resulted in me trying an idea for a spell I had and just sticking it in Tyrande despite not really seeking to make it fit her kit. Maybe I'll change it

If D reduces armor in AoE and marks her enemies for her other spells, it could be fun to have other spells consume the mark to apply an additional effect, so she can chose to either, for example, Q them for more damage, or do another spell to further debuff them. Her passive could be a chance that a mark will not be consumed in spellcasting, and also allowing her to passively apply the mark via attacks as well (if it's of a long cooldown).
That is actually an AMAZING idea lol. Never thought of consuming the buff. It's a cool mechanic and forces decision making! Perhaps a slight stat or damage temp boost for every mark consumed! This idea of consuming unlocks so much new potential! I love it!!!!!!

Gratz on WTII's play tho. Shame that it was a wrong version but it's fine :)
That should attract more players here.
The downloads stats on the official download page in the maps section shows the highest amount of downloads being today! Plus the map has been hosted around 100 times just today! Hopefully some new peoplez will come with feedback too :)

Level 12
Hello friends work on the new version has just been finished!
The version is now live on makemehost.com

This version is now compatible with pre-patch 1.27b

*NEW*
Tyrande added

*NEW*

Tip system added

Arthas
Guards/Damned Servant cooldown reduced from 55 seconds to 25 seconds
King's Call now has the proper (Q) hotkey

Sylvanas

Vengeance attack/movement speed bonus reduced from 150% to 110%
Forsaken Fury tooltip fixed

Grom
War Stomp mana cost reduced from 80 to 60

Jaina
Empower + Dimensional Step mana restore now occurs in the area after teleportation.
Empower + Arcane Missiles damage buffed from 270 to 370.
Jaina evo now has proper Tree of Life spell
A floating text now appears displaying aman gain on 4th Dimensional Step spell cast
Collision size of Magic Surge elemental reduced

Malfurion
Malfurion evolution model changed to Wc3 TFT model (Sorry but it was just to big of a model)

Illidan
Metamorphosis mana cost increased from 150 to 215

General
Divine Armor icon changed
Wtii has been given his own contributors item.
koks1 has been added to contributors item list
Players will now have the name of their heroes added to their in-game name
Leaver's will now have their name properly displayed on the in-game leave message
Glyphs description now changed to accommodate new heroes.
Satyr Hateseeker's life increased from 2350 to 2450

Bug Fixes
Fixed bug where glyphs could not be picked up by correct hero
Typos in mouse mini-game fixed
Fixed Metamorphosis hotkey

Some important notes!

-Due to the large amount of back-end changes that may cause large bugs I am not going to release it on the official hiveworkshop maps page nor on epicwar.com until I am sure that the version is stable.
-I will not be release post with Tyrande's picture, ability icons and ability descriptions yet as the thread description may receive an overhaul in the near future
-I am currently not staying somwhere with stable internet, so I will likely not be able to test the map for a few days, so if you play it and find some huge bugs, please do share them!

Level 1

It was so funny, i couldnt stop thinking how noob he is xD

I will host the map as soon as possible!
BTW, how about giving tyrande a usefull ability against boss? Something that fit her dps, just like Sylvanas has crit.

Last edited:
Level 1
-why tyrande has such low starting agi stats and average attack speed? i had a game where illidan wasnt willing to give me any items coz he had faster attack speed.
-Hotkey W not working when choosing skills (a bit annoying)
-i didnt get my contriubtor item! so rude!
-i find 300 damage and 10% reduction movement speed a bit op for a spell that cost 10 mana and can be used every 5 seconds. [even tho its 300 damamge over 15 seconds, might not be op at second thought.]

-I love the new tips. I declare war upon tip 9/30!
-Why do the Ent boss has increased movement speed? wasnt it his weakness?
-Maybe make damage aura percent based, like 10% bonus damage at first level, 15% at second, 20% at third. That will make tyrande a bit more dps, coz tbh sylvanas does lot more damamge (like 3x more)
-Sentinels Gaze can be used on mechnic units but has no affect.
-A unit can be targeted mutiple times, which can be used to do lot of damage to a target at once. (not sure if that a bug)
-Btw, ever thought about adding a cool picture on the loading screen?
-Increase her Attack range from 550 to 650, so she will have higher attack ranger than malf (600)

to sum up, i find tyrande very weak, sylvanas much better (like 3x much better xd)

NVM I TAKE IT ALL BACK I DIDNT SEE HER EVOLVE !

Last edited:
Level 2
I noticed a bug with wtii's item. It won't give him gold. Just make his allies lose theirs! Also. Tyrande, as said previously. Seem to be harder to get to evo, but more worth than Sylv after evo. She also seems to be quite the mana sponge so her and Jaina seems like a better combo than her and Malf, however. Due to Jaina's lack of heal until level 3~ish she is picked less. Overall, I'd say Sylv is a better hero early. However, I have nothing against her.

I also want to point out that we should 100% get Deathwing as a secret class hero. Start out as Neltharion whelp and really weak but then later on becoming bigger and bigger until finally you're adult. Once you die after that you can't be revived by Malf but once next dungeon is cleared (this should be around 3rd dungeon) you get revived as Deathwing. Or something like that, sounds fun. Right? (This can be seen as sarcasm. But, yes. I just want Neltharion in a map like this... :p)

Level 12
I have already found some bugs an will be releasing 28b soon.
-why tyrande has such low starting agi stats and average attack speed? i had a game where illidan wasnt willing to give me any items coz he had faster attack speed.
She has around the same stats as Sylvanas, but a little less, because her spells are generally stronger!

-Hotkey W not working when choosing skills (a bit annoying)
Thanks for the info, I will fix ASAP

-i didnt get my contriubtor item! so rude!
Hahaha, sorry but you need to capitalize your "A" and "G" (AwesomeGuy) to get it.

-i find 300 damage and 10% reduction movement speed a bit op for a spell that cost 10 mana and can be used every 5 seconds. [even tho its 300 damamge over 15 seconds, might not be op at second thought.]
It's not as OP as it seems, I just wrote it in a way that makes it seem more impactful. I could also say it does 20 dmg/second for 15 seconds.

-I love the new tips. I declare war upon tip 9/30!
Hahaha, I wrote that tip to get people more motivated to play, even though I know you guys beat it. I add that the map was beaten by you guys to that tip :p

-Why do the Ent boss has increased movement speed? wasnt it his weakness?
Ent boss has been unchanged for many versions now. Maybe it's because when you play with different heroes then the classic 5, you will experience some bosses differently.

-Maybe make damage aura percent based, like 10% bonus damage at first level, 15% at second, 20% at third. That will make tyrande a bit more dps, coz tbh sylvanas does lot more damamge (like 3x more)
I made it fixed damage, because the archers she summons are already so strong.

-Sentinels Gaze can be used on mechnic units but has no affect.
Very strange, I will look into this. Thanks for the headsup!

-A unit can be targeted mutiple times, which can be used to do lot of damage to a target at once. (not sure if that a bug)
The per-evolved version of it can but the damage doesn't stack. It only resets the duration back to 15 seconds. The evolved version cannot hit a unit that already has the buff though.

-Btw, ever thought about adding a cool picture on the loading screen?
I have, but makemehost.com has a max DL speed of 100kb/s which is really slow and adding a loading screen would make it even longer to download. Also I'm not very good at importing pictures.

-Increase her Attack range from 550 to 650, so she will have higher attack ranger than malf (600)

to sum up, i find tyrande very weak, sylvanas much better (like 3x much better xd)

NVM I TAKE IT ALL BACK I DIDNT SEE HER EVOLVE !
Hahaha, tell me what you think about her evolve when you got some time :)

I noticed a bug with wtii's item. It won't give him gold. Just make his allies lose theirs!
It does give gold, but the gold given is in the item abilities. I know the gold removed and given are not exact because of this, but honestly I don't think anyone will mind. It's mostly meant as a joke item.

Tyrande, as said previously. Seem to be harder to get to evo, but more worth than Sylv after evo. She also seems to be quite the mana sponge so her and Jaina seems like a better combo than her and Malf, however. Due to Jaina's lack of heal until level 3~ish she is picked less. Overall, I'd say Sylv is a better hero early. However, I have nothing against her.
It's good that you feel that way, I was really hoping to make them feel different and not just like a remastered Sylvanas

I also want to point out that we should 100% get Deathwing as a secret class hero. Start out as Neltharion whelp and really weak but then later on becoming bigger and bigger until finally you're adult. Once you die after that you can't be revived by Malf but once next dungeon is cleared (this should be around 3rd dungeon) you get revived as Deathwing. Or something like that, sounds fun. Right? (This can be seen as sarcasm. But, yes. I just want Neltharion in a map like this... :p)
Lol deathwing is an interesting idea, I especially like the idea of making the evolution come differently than other heroes, but it would be weird to just have a huge dragon fighting amongst regular heroes. I was considering making him a boss though. Like after killing all the WC3 bosses I planned on moving on to famous WoW bosses

Thanks for the feedback guys :D

Level 1
Well i could get +10 hp using the W ability on a boss because i targeted it twice and i had lvl W ability.

Btw you should make deathwing a boss.
You can make a full dungeon about dragons if you want to.

And tyrande has very low stats, i dont understand why illidan has faster attack speed. i had a game where illidan took all damage items and smith hammer because he was a better dps.

I think i dont get my contributor item with tyrande.

Last edited:
Level 2
Lol deathwing is an interesting idea, I especially like the idea of making the evolution come differently than other heroes, but it would be weird to just have a huge dragon fighting amongst regular heroes. I was considering making him a boss though. Like after killing all the WC3 bosses I planned on moving on to famous WoW bosses
You could always downscale it. But, yeah. Having a drastically different hero that is outside of the format would be fun!

Anyways, onto bugs... I only had one major bug, except that the armor up ability from priest (R) has no hotkey. Or at least ain't workin'. And that the Elementals from antondias can go over to the wisp mini-game and die. That one is quite severe :p

Level 30
Solve-able with air pathing blockers around the Antonidas' area.
I'll take a look at Tyrande in a second and post a reply.

edit: Alright, took a look.
She sure is a buttload of fun, and very different from Sylvanas, which is a plus. However, you've slightly walked away from the "Distant Carry" role with her, which I'm uncertain of whether it's a good or a bad thing. Let me start with reviewing spells. I didn't get to test the EVO spells, so be kind and let me know what upgrades in general, so I can review that too :)

D - the mark spell
Balance and Mechanics: Very fun and unique, and a very fresh approach as well. However, I believe you should completely remove the DPS component from the spell, as it's not really noticeable at all and also not needed. So it could instead just curse the main target and units near it for a duration, while reducing their armor.
Visuals: Owl missile could benefit from a 0.00 projectile arc, currently it arches by about .15 and it looks a bit weird. The marked model SFX could be edited to be dark purple instead, and should also be attached to overhead of targeted units, not chest or head, making it a lot easier to be seen.

Q - Starfall
Balance and Mechanics: Overall nice spell, with just one "flaw" for my taste - it should hit marked units at any range, not just close to the character - this also rounds up to her being a "Distant safe carry".
Visuals: Aesthetically pleasing, thought the roughly same effects are used for the item which can proc similar spell upon attacking.

W - Blessing
Balance and Mechanics: Movement speed component isn't needed at all, considering that most of the time you don't get to move a lot in this map. If you still think it's needed, it could be of a flat amount like 25%; it shouldn't scale for, as said, map where you won't use it much.
Healing itself is a bit odd. She is meant to be played as a distant character, yet she has a self-healing spell and a spell that requires her to get close to cast stars. This spell could be reworked to either heal her entire party by the current amount which isn't too big, allowing her to take on a more supportive role than sylvanas, or be reworked to be more "carry-ish", as in something like this:

Temporary increases your attack speed and grants a 12 seconds global damage bonus aura to ranged characters only. Power of aura depends on amount of marked enemies.

Visuals: The SFX she gets from her aura could be something similar while she's on this buff; there's a bunch of very nice bow models that could be attached to hers while this buff is on, and I strongly suggest to try this one out Runestone Longbow

E - Aura
Balance and Mechanics: Damage bonus seems low, considering that the aura seems to affect only base damage and bonus of a primary attribute, and does not affect +raw damage items, spells or auras. Archer summons look fun but they seem like they'll heavily lose on power lategame. What this aura could be, however, is that current amount for melee chars, and DOUBLE the bonus for any ranged characters. It will put an emphasis on her carrying role while still retaining usefulness for entire party.
If you don't want to rework archers, they could have some of these effects to make them effective for entire game, boss and creepwise:

1: Archers have a 35% chance to apply mark on targets they're attacking.
2: Archers now deal +3% of target's current HP as bonus damage.
3: Archers have a chance to spawn with additional abilities, such as multishot, critical strike, bash or feedback.
4: Each archer is assigned a random elemental arrow upon spawning out of five possible: frost arrows (slows), fire arrows (extra dmg), lightning arrows (chance to stun), light arrows (reduces armor), dark arrows (pure damage).

I've no ideas about possible rework of archers component themselves as of current.

Visuals: There are plenty of nice aura models on the Hive - the on-hand SFX could be used for her blessing spell instead.

Evo Spell - Haven't tested it, unfortunately.

-Other:
I'm not sure about her current model. Perhaps she could get the standard PotM model after evolving, and have a walking normal character like Shandris for her starting model. There's some nice Shandris skins you can use for that purpose, while still having the Sylvanas skin untouched (tho you'll have to manually add hero glow SFX on her, as Shandris model does not have it).
Her icon theme isn't quite matching. I can do a recolor of my passive icon if needed to match other icons.

Last edited:
Level 12
Well i could get +10 hp using the W ability on a boss because i targeted it twice and i had lvl W ability.
Yeah it's suppose to work like that. It's +5 hps per marked you unit, so you could get even +100 hps if you mark 20 units

Btw you should make deathwing a boss.
You can make a full dungeon about dragons if you want to.
yeah that would be cool. I'll wait and see if I get any good ideas for fun rooms and boss fights first though

And tyrande has very low stats, i dont understand why illidan has faster attack speed. i had a game where illidan took all damage items and smith hammer because he was a better dps.
Illidan is suppose to be stronger, since he evolves last he gets a little more stats than other heroes. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to do much all game.

I think i dont get my contributor item with tyrande.
Damnit, you're right I just checked and figured out what is causing the problem. The new trigger that adds your heroes name to your player name (I.E AwesomeGuy (Tyrande)) causes the trigger that gives you your item to not recognize your name :(. SO MANY ANNOYING BUGS!

Anyways, onto bugs... I only had one major bug, except that the armor up ability from priest (R) has no hotkey. Or at least ain't workin'. And that the Elementals from antondias can go over to the wisp mini-game and die. That one is quite severe :p
Thanks for the bug reports :). SO MANY ANNOYING BUGS!!!!

Solve-able with air pathing blockers around the Antonidas' area.
Hahah great solution!!!! thanks

I'll take a look at Tyrande in a second and post a replay.
Cool, excited to see your criticism.

Ok so the current released version has a few bugs that i'm already fixing, except one bug that is causing me headaches!
After Tyrande gets her extra spell from Glyph of the Forsaken and casts luminescence (Which is based of metamorphosis), she loses her extra ability! The apparant only clean way to fix it is by having tyrande and her luminescence form already have her extra spell. I'm likely going to make them have it but be unable to use it until thye get the glyph, but if you guys have any better ideas of how to fix it, please do share!

Level 2
I'm pretty sure there is a way to make it so you have a triggered bounce or trigger the bounce value to be higher... Not sure about that though, sorry :/

Level 12
So iv'e had quite a headache trying to fix some of these bugs. Things should work now, maybe....
version 28b is now up on makemehost.com with the follow changes

-Antonidas Blizzard effect reverted back to normal ice shards
-Added air path blockers to atonidas' room (Prevents elementals from running out)
-Tyrande's (W) spell now has proper "W" hotkey to learn
-Fixed Grom's Chaotic Rage
-Sentinels' Gaze and Lucent Aim mark buffs now appear overhead instead of chests
-Fixed bug where contributors items would not be received
-Tyrande no longer loses Chilling Howl when she casts Luminescence

I will not be releasing it yet on hive or makemehost until i have had a proper play test.

Thanks a bunch for your bug finds guys :)

Level 12
Firs off, thanks for your awesome detailed review! Shame that you didn't get to the evolution.

She sure is a buttload of fun, and very different from Sylvanas, which is a plus.
Happy to hear it :D

D - the mark spell
Balance and Mechanics: Very fun and unique, and a very fresh approach as well. However, I believe you should completely remove the DPS component from the spell, as it's not really noticeable at all and also not needed. So it could instead just curse the main target and units near it for a duration, while reducing their armor.
Hmmm, I put the DPS component because I thought it would be unsatisfying to have a spell simply apply a nearly unoticeable debuff. Maybe I'll look into switching up it's effects a little then
Visuals: Owl missile could benefit from a 0.00 projectile arc, currently it arches by about .15 and it looks a bit weird. The marked model SFX could be edited to be dark purple instead, and should also be attached to overhead of targeted units, not chest or head, making it a lot easier to be seen.
I will change it for the next version!
Balance and Mechanics: Overall nice spell, with just one "flaw" for my taste - it should hit marked units at any range, not just close to the character - this also rounds up to her being a "Distant safe carry".
I was afraid letting it have unlimited range would somehow lead to some bugs. The bugs keep me up at night, but I will at least increase the range in the next version
Visuals: Aesthetically pleasing, thought the roughly same effects are used for the item which can proc similar spell upon attacking.
Hahaha, yeah unfortunately there aren't that many priestess of the moonish spell effects
Balance and Mechanics: Movement speed component isn't needed at all, considering that most of the time you don't get to move a lot in this map. If you still think it's needed, it could be of a flat amount like 25%; it shouldn't scale for, as said, map where you won't use it much.
Healing itself is a bit odd. She is meant to be played as a distant character, yet she has a self-healing spell and a spell that requires her to get close to cast stars. This spell could be reworked to either heal her entire party by the current amount which isn't too big, allowing her to take on a more supportive role than sylvanas, or be reworked to be more "carry-ish", as in something like this:
Yeah i'm not too proud of this spell but for so many weeks I couldn't think of a cool spell idea that would also somehow fit with the marking aspect
Temporary increases your attack speed and grants a 12 seconds global damage bonus aura to ranged characters only. Power of aura depends on amount of marked enemies.
I thought about doing a spell like this, but I was afraid of add ability +X damage for every marked units for X seconds, because i'm sure it would have leaked and I don't know any other ways of doing it.
Visuals: The SFX she gets from her aura could be something similar while she's on this buff; there's a bunch of very nice bow models that could be attached to hers while this buff is on, and I strongly suggest to try this one out Runestone Longbow
Yeah the SFX doesn't fit too well, but I'm trying to cut down on imports to keep the map size low, until Blizzard removes the internet speed cap from Battle.net. I will reconsider though. Also wouldn't adding that bow model overlap with the Tyrande's built in bow and make it look really weird?
Balance and Mechanics: Damage bonus seems low, considering that the aura seems to affect only base damage and bonus of a primary attribute, and does not affect +raw damage items, spells or auras. Archer summons look fun but they seem like they'll heavily lose on power lategame. What this aura could be, however, is that current amount for melee chars, and DOUBLE the bonus for any ranged characters. It will put an emphasis on her carrying role while still retaining usefulness for entire party.
The aura damage is very low, because the archer damage is pretty significant, especially since you can have many at a time. Having just 3 level 3 archers adds like 90 damage per second.
If you don't want to rework archers, they could have some of these effects to make them effective for entire game, boss and creepwise:

1: Archers have a 35% chance to apply mark on targets they're attacking.
2: Archers now deal +3% of target's current HP as bonus damage.
3: Archers have a chance to spawn with additional abilities, such as multishot, critical strike, bash or feedback.
4: Each archer is assigned a random elemental arrow upon spawning out of five possible: frost arrows (slows), fire arrows (extra dmg), lightning arrows (chance to stun), light arrows (reduces armor), dark arrows (pure damage).
Those are some really really great ideas lol. I wish I'd thought of that. Would require a crap ton of work though, but I'd really like to implement this
I'm not sure about her current model. Perhaps she could get the standard PotM model after evolving, and have a walking normal character like Shandris for her starting model. There's some nice Shandris skins you can use for that purpose, while still having the Sylvanas skin untouched (tho you'll have to manually add hero glow SFX on her, as Shandris model does not have it).
I didn't find any nice looking Tyrande-on-foot models and shandris might look a bit off. If you find any good ones link them if you can :D
Her icon theme isn't quite matching. I can do a recolor of my passive icon if needed to match other icons.
Yeah her base form icons don't really fit, i'll look into alternatives.

Level 30
Well it's a spell with 10 mana cost and 5 seconds of cooldown - adding anything over it would require you to rebalance those stats.
If you wanted it to scale with the hero, it is possible to achieve this by making her passive aura increase armor reduction by 1 per level of it.

About unlimited range, it won't lead to bugs if you code it the right way, which is in short, set TempGroup = all units in map area with that buff on, pick every unit in group and do actions: damage them, create sfx, destroy sfx, and then use custom script to destroy the TempGroup to remove leaks.
I can do both of spells in my testmap just so you can see how they're done, and learn from that for future stuff.

About bow sfx, well, when I attached that specific weapon on my skin and shandris model, it looked real nice and without clipping.
See for yourself in the hidden tag.

full

About skin, there's a bunch of awesome ones.

NightElfArcher_by67chrome.blp
Night Elf Ranger Hero
MoonhauntRangerByApherazV2.blp
Whisperwind.blp

Level 12
Well it's a spell with 10 mana cost and 5 seconds of cooldown - adding anything over it would require you to rebalance those stats.
If you wanted it to scale with the hero, it is possible to achieve this by making her passive aura increase armor reduction by 1 per level of it.
Hmm, I'll have to see first what it would be changed too.

About unlimited range, it won't lead to bugs if you code it the right way, which is in short, set TempGroup = all units in map area with that buff on, pick every unit in group and do actions: damage them, create sfx, destroy sfx, and then use custom script to destroy the TempGroup to remove leaks.
I can do both of spells in my testmap just so you can see how they're done, and learn from that for future stuff.
Thats how i coded it, except instead of all units in map i chose all units within X range. But ionno, you can never be sure with these things

About bow sfx, well, when I attached that specific weapon on my skin and shandris model, it looked real nice and without clipping.
See for yourself in the hidden tag.
Wow that looks nice actually, i'll have to try it. Though what map is that looks really cool :D

Those look nice not sure which is best though.

Level 12
So many unfinished cool looking projects lol

And thanks for working on the description!!! :D

71163-006e0114c9c78fd85fb9ae8e81525adb.jpg
Celestial Glympse: Damages an area, marked units take double damage
86892-13256b6cb53b285cd566e2c9d12cc911.jpg
Moonlight Wisdom: Grants attack speed, movement speed and heals for every marked unit
93334-617ccc7b8b9dbba1000a7f8dd4217540.jpg
Enlightened Shot: Deals bonus damage based on agility when attacking marked units
91937-a3adbca8159d179f0ef60b14bc0b46d3.jpg
Luminescence: Temporarily increases range and agility, additionally grants chaos damage and bouncing shot

Level 1
Ok i will try to come with something.

Anduin Lothar - Lion of Azeroth

(D) Chosen by the Light - As the strongest warrior of Alliance and having acces to Tome of Divinity, the light empowers him and protects him from all incoming dmg.

(Q) Fury of Quel'Zaram - Anduin use the power within his sword to cause a wave of light from the blade, damaging all enemies and empowering his next strike. (Shockvawe effect with + chaos dmg with next auto attack)

(W) Supreme Leader of Alliance - Leading the Alliance in dire times Lothar calls for his soldiers to aid him in battle. (summoning knigts and after evolve paladins)

(E) Skilled Warrior - Having witnessed many battles Anduin can adapt to any situation that can happen on the battlefield (Like Neutral Stance/Defensive Stance with increased armour and reduced Atk/Offensive stance with increased armour but reduced Atk)

(R) For the Alliance! - Gathering all his strenght Anduin use Quel'Zaram and Great Royal Sword to perform his most deadly strike to decapitate his opponent. (Long stun with cripple effect)

It is hard to make a tanky character which is not that much similliar to Arthas. Also i read he got a gift from a dwarf - a rifle, so maybe you could do something with it.

Level 12
Holy crap, really great suggestions, I will certainly use these ideas as basis for some spells! Also interesting descriptions, i'ma go read up on the lore, he seems more interesting than I thought!

Also I watched the replay, you guys were an insane group. Iv'e never seen that before

Level 1
Well you have to use some imagination because the description of him is not that much detailed. But he is considered to be the greatest hero of Second War.

Yep, the group with koks1 and sam was probably the best 1 i played with. Its all about cooperation and distributing right items to right heroes then you can do miracles.

Level 12
I was very inspired recently with the map and got tons of work done! I have to say the playstyle of this new hero is one I am very proud of. He is incredibly fun to play. Though the balance might be a little off, because it was hard to compare how good his spells should be considering how he is meant to be played. Basically, you jump into the enemies with your (D) spell, try and deal as much damage with your (Q) and then teleport out to safety with your (E), heal up with your (W) then repeat. I have had a lot of fun play testing him. I would love if you fine folks would try him and give me feedback on his balancing, but make sure you read his spells, because if you don't do the combo properly you could end up jump in and dying. I will officially release the new version on the hive maps page Hero Siege RPG v.27b and on epicwar tomorrow. Right now it is only available on makemehost.com

*NEW*
LOTHAR added

Arthas
Protective Stance activation mana cost reduced from 30 to 0
Unending Servitude activation mana cost reduced from 30 to 0
New animations for certain spells added

Tyrande
Elune's Judgement (Q) range increased
Celestial Glympse (Q) casting range increased

Grom
War Stomp Damage increased at all levels

Jaina
Empower + Dimensional step mana restoration decreased from 150 to 100
New Evolution Icon
Reality Bend & Dimensional Step (E) invulnerability duration reduced from 1 second to 0.5
Malfurion
New Evolution Icon

Illidan
Collision size reduced from 30 to 20
Demonic Grasp (Q) temporarily removes Illidan's collision

General
New secrets added
Reorganized armor and damage types tooltips
Ancient Guardian (ent) attack speed and health slightly buffed
Recipes no longer cost wood, intead their stock never replenishes
Menus no longer have a background
Players who do not pick within the first 60 seconds will be given a random hero

Bug Fixes
Fixed bug where Malfurion's (D) would not evolve

Level 1
I find Lothar very good, better than arthas. Not op, but very good.
His Q after evolve is just 10% better than before evo.
his W can be abused, to get inside other dungeons. (you can tp from a dungeon to dungeon. because you dont need sight for teleporting on enemy)
His E very cool, But long CD (1 less cd per level isnt much, maybe increase it to 2 or 2.5)
Ahmm, What was his R again? xd

Status
Not open for further replies.