1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Night Elf Ranger Hero

Submitted by Darkholme
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Version 3. Completed, and Updated.

A very thorough reskin of Sylvanus, because as it says in the screenie, Shandris sucks.

Disagree with me if you like, but I won't change my mind on it. That doesnt mean the skinners for Warcraft III were bad skinners, it means they got lazy for Shandris.

Keywords:
Night Elf, Archer, Ranger
Contents

Night Elf Ranger Hero (Texture)

Reviews
THE_END: Wow this has really changed. I absolutely love it! And..no need for a less skimpy skirt :P. APPROVIZZLED
  1. THE_END: Wow this has really changed. I absolutely love it! And..no need for a less skimpy skirt :p.
    APPROVIZZLED

2. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    the skin looks really good greAt job 9/10

useful to NE range hero on foot

3. madcat2

madcat2

Resources:
    Resources:
    draw her a bigger shirt dude it looks like it could fly off any minute..

4. Darkholme

Darkholme

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Alright. I wanted her to "Fit In" with the Nightelf Archers. I can do a redraw before I leave in the morning.

I figured the easiest way to make her 'fit in' would be to use parts of the same uniform. It looks good, but I can do a freehand.

The skimpy shirt will stay though. I like it too much to scrap it. :p
    It's also her underwear - and if I remove it, there's nothing that will replace it. I don't think hiveworkshop hosts nude skins usually :p.

lol

I'm working on the by hand right now, but I should note, that even with the cnp, it's still infinitely more original than shandris, which was just "One tone of purple brush over sylvanus... and WERE DONE!

Also. this has no team color, and may not get team color until after christmas, because as of tomorrow at lunch I'll be stuck with 56k for 3 weeks.

Also. Just a note: The original goal of this model wasn't something unique, mostly just a shandris-type hero that didnt look like ass.

5. Darkholme

Darkholme

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    OK. Freehanded. Redid the bow, arrow, shoulderpad, face, ball thingies on the bow, and added leafies.

Also redid the moon symbols to be more circular. I like these moon thingies better.

and made the Arrow look Grown as a plant. The Idea of leaves made it better I think.

Small other changes throughout.

Still haven't slept, but its so late theres no point as I leave for hte holidays in 4 hours.

6. Darkholme

Darkholme

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    traxamillion: Vote with the buttons! not just your words!

7. del_diablo

del_diablo

Resources:
    Resources:
    This skin is more than good enogh to get approved in my eyes.......

8. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    errr..not that this has anything large, since its just a NE change, but Sylvanus was a highelf.

9. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i voted i still like icon would be nice

10. Darkholme

Darkholme

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Evaluate it again please. I fixed it since it was nonapproved.

I intend to make an Icon once it's approved, but I need it approved first - since I fixed all the complaints.

the original was nightelf bits and recolors, but it now is mostly freehand to make sylvanus a nightelf. this is mostly to replace the absolute shit that is shandris. I suppose I'll change the filename/path to replace shandris instead when I'm done. no reason for a good one and a crappy one.

I've been remaking all the highelves into nightelves. mostly for my own use but maybe someone else will have a use for them too. Maybe I'll go the reverse after - Make highelves out of nightelves (for the ones that haven't already been done.

Also about the icon - won't be til after christmas, and if any more changes are wanted they cant be till after the break either. The connection here sucks. This page took 10 minutes to load, and I have images disabled. Uploading a file will take like an hour, so unless a mod has another reason it needs to be fixed to be approved, its done til after christmas break.

im visiting the parents and they have dialup on bad phone lines.

11. thisruoy

thisruoy

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Shandris is shit?
    have you seen the quality of the blizzard skinners

12. Darkholme

Darkholme

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Shandris is a 3 minute recolor of Sylvanus. Sylvanus looks good, but shandris does not. they basically just took a purple brush and applied it to the whole sylvanus skin. They don't even have different tones of purple. There are no spots with more reddish purple or more bluish purple, or more/less grayish purple. skin is all the same tone, armor is the same tone. look at the skins, and you'll see what I mean. shandris is just a bad recolor of sylvanus. if the skin had been posted here instead of done by blizzard it would have gotten a 4 ish, if it even got approved. (It likely wouldnt have)

so yeah. shandris is shit. that doesnt mean that sylvanus is shit, or any number of other skins blizzard has done. but shandris, in particular, is absolutely awful. I've seen skins on here rated 2.00 that have about as much effort in them as shandris (or maybe more effort less talent).

13. Darkholme

Darkholme

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Also, I'll be changing the hair color and possibly the pattern on her face. someone said she looked like a raccoon and that the fuscia hair didnt fit. Maybe theire right. I'll go for a bluish hair. Maybe I'll put it up tonight. we'll see how my internet is going.

and when this is approved, I'll make an icon.

14. madcat2

madcat2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remember only 25% can be cnp.

Also still looks like her shirt could fly off any moment 0_0

15. Darkholme

Darkholme

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I like the "shirt could fly off at any moment - look." I kept the shirt the same. It was all freehand anyways and as I said I like the "could fly off" look.

I thought I had it down to 25% CnP but I guess I'll see what else I can change when I redo the haircolor tonight.

I'll change the tattoo designs too.

I'm gonna go have a shower then I'll start.

16. Darkholme

Darkholme

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Updated. New Tattoos, Armband, Textured the cape, added some overgrowth effect to the bow and the gloves and arrow and etc.

New Facial Tattoo. Since I've been changing things so much, the tattoo is on a separate layer, so I can make a non-tattooed version if need be. this thing has like 30 layers now. I have like 7 alternate hair colors, the tattoos can be turned off, various clothes pieces and parts to the bow/arrow. (I mean in my PSD of this skin, not the BLP I uploaded. I'm just saying its easier for me to change now basically)

17. Reap of Creep

Reap of Creep

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice keep the good work 9/10

18. madcat2

madcat2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sweet! now thats what i call a creative skin high five!

19. FireEffect

FireEffect

Resources:
    Resources:
    I still see a bunch of CnP and recolor. I think. Oh well. 7/10