• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Hero Siege RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well, from what I see in the current version v24 (through all those location leaks at least.) is that it is highly possible that you can. Although, I haven't gone through it all as of yet. Also... some triggers of which I see that you probably think can be a problem is... The tomes, you'd probably not want to make a whole net. So I'd recommend making a variable to store the tomes instead of adding it directly.

Hahah yeah, some triggers are really built to leak in the map, it's because I started working on it in like 2010 or something and at the time I had no idea what I was doing (I still don't really). Right now I am a little better at spotting these kind of things, but the problem is I still got so much to learn so I'm afraid that if I start reworking all those old triggers now, I will end up learning that what I did is already obsolete. It is a weird situation to be in.

Before you read the thing below, which editor do you use? If you use jassnewgen or something else that is similar and has the same functions. Then the things will most likely work.

I use both kind of, I often get issues with jassnewgen because it never installs properly, because windows thinks it's a virus so it keeps removing essential files. So when I get those issues I just switch back to Standard Editor.

For the sequence (this is for the tavern randomized one.) You could make it in many ways. One of which is a pain to actually make, the others not so much. What I would do is check who they are and then edit the triggers randomly or chosen by color to where they should be... Basically, add event to *Hero move to evolution chamber trigger* and to the trigger that activates the chamber or if its automatic do *add action to trigger* and make it activate the evolution chamber trigger. Also, the hero array, you could just do a for loop from 1 to 5 that does a unit group pick from every unit in the entire map, do a multiple one. Then you do a if owned of unit is equal to playerindex(integer A) which means if its 1 then it'll be red's hero. Then afterwards you add that unit (And if multiple units will exist, then just make a condition to check if its a hero or not) to hero in the integer A index, after that you add the unit to heroes. I hope you understand this gibberish. It's hard to explain without pictures, and I'm not one for pictures.

I think I understand what you mean here, but (if i actually go all the way through with multi hero option) I am planning on adding a certain group of heroes evolve first. Hmm it's hard to explain. I'd make every group be forced to pick from 5 classes and always have the class that fills the same role as Arthas evolve first and the class that fit the same role as Sylvanas evolve second and so on. BTW I could always use suggestions for more heroes if you have them.

Surprisingly, even with the amount of leaks, they do not cause performance issues due to light-weight of the map having only as much as 30 units at once active and alive.

Even tho, they are being worked on :)

Hahaha this made me laugh. As if the map is triggered so s shakenly that it's a miracle that it even runs! Lucky it's kept to such a small scale.

Level 2
Suggestions for heroes you say? Okay.

Medivh:
Arcane Missile (Q): Damage a target over three seconds. (Channel)
Arcane Portal (W): Summons a Minion (4 different kinds of em? And only one gets summoned at max all?)
Crow Form (E): Makes him fly over other people and unable to be attacked unless ranged attack him. Can't fly over terrain. Can't attack, only use spells. (Switch on/off drains mana)
Magic Overwhelming: A chance to double or triple Arcane missiles.

Evolution
Guardian Medivh:
Greater Arcane Missile (D): Damage a target over three seconds. (Channel)
Greater Arcane Portal (Q): Summons a Minion (Same as before, summons stronger though.)
Greater Crow Form (E): Makes him fly over other people and unable to be attacked unless ranged attack him. Can't fly over terrain. Can attack.(Switch on/off drains mana)
Magic Overwhelming: A chance to double or triple Greater Arcane missiles.
Dark Portal (R): Opens up the Dark Portal to allow foul demons into the lands of the living. (Summon one of three different strong demons that attack everything around them. Even Medivh.)

Broxxigar:
Brutish Strength (Q): When activated it deals damage and stuns.
Rage: The more he gets damaged, the more he deals back.
Berserk: Faster auto-attack, takes more damage.
Unstoppable (R): Ignore all damage for a certain time span.

Evolution
Broxxigar (w/ Axe of Cenarius)
Brutish Strength (D): When activated it deals damage and stuns.
Rage: The more he gets damaged, the more he deals back.
Berserk (W): Faster auto-attack, takes more damage.
Unstoppable (E): Ignore all damage for a certain time span.
Power Within: Whilst Unstoppable is in effect, raise his attack. First enemy gets stunned.

Xavius:
Entangling roots (Q): Roots the target and deals some damage.
Betrayer's lust: When hit, he has a chance to split the damage between his allies.
Foul worship (E): Damages himself, but gains a short buff.
Fel Fire (R): Starts casting fel fire, becoming ranged and gaining chaos damage. As well as an incineration buff

Evolution
Corrupted Xavius:
Nightmare Roots (D): Roots the target and deals damage whilst healing Xavius.
Betrayer's desire: When attacking, has a chance to cleave.
Old Worship (W): Heals himself, gains a small buff and debuff on enemies.
Arcane Fel Fire (E): Starts casting arcane and fel fire combined, becoming ranged and gaining chaos damage with a stronger incineration buff.
Emerald Nightmare (R): Creates shadow figures of a target.

Vol'jin:
Troll Regeneration (D): Heals Vol'jin for an amount of health.
Strategy: Chance to dodge and crit. (drunken brawler basically. :p)
Troll reflexes (W): Dodges the next X attacks.
Loa call (E): Randomly calls upon one of three loas (fire, lightning or frost) (Fire: fire breath, lightning: lightning chain, frost: frostnova/blizzard?)

Evolution
Vol'jin after Death loa
Troll Regeneration (D): Heals Vol'jin for an amount of health.
Strategy: Chance to dodge and crit. (Aura, but gives friendly units only a chance to crit.)
Troll reflexes (W): Dodges the next X attacks and crits the next attack.
Greater Loa call (E): Randomly calls upon one of three loas (blood, light or nature) (Blood: Heals himself and damages in a cone infront of him, light: Heals allies and does a light chain to damage enemies, nature: heals himself and allies. Slows nearby enemies)
Death Loa (R): Calls upon the Loa of Death to grant Vol'jin unrivaled power. (Immortality for a while and chance to kill in one hit (very very small)

The spells are just suggestions, of course. Not even sure what role they would fit. But here's some I don't think have been mentioned... Some might sound OP or not on paper, but not in practice. Anyways, that means I'm done for the moment.

Level 12
Jesus does are some excellent ideas, i'm certainly going to pick and play with those! It may not stay with the hero you suggested though. But those heroes and spells are great ideas. Just makes me more motivated :). Though the first additional hero to be added will likely be Jaina just because @Apheraz Lucent :p. But I also really like Medivh and the kit you suggested.

Here is a small screenshot of what I'm working on. Though I still make no promises that it will be fully realised

LQDiacE.png

It's still long ways away and I still need a bunch of help. But hope that gets you people excited.

Level 12
Not sure about all of them yet, besides Jaina. Jaina is pretty nice coz she has some kinda of evolution in WoW where she physically changes, getting white hair and such, but for the others, they dont have clear physical evolutions which is what I am primarily looking for. Maiev is strong choice, because I could make her spirit of vengeance form, though it isnt part of the real story. Decisions, decisions.

Level 1
You could always do Akama instead of a corruption it could be some sort of redemption turning into a holy priest as he once was? Or vice versa have him be the holy priest and turn into is ashentongue broken form?

Level 1
If you ask me you should make the second heroes as secret heroes for those who beat the map.
Just an idea.
You dont have to make new path for each hero. No need for an explantion, and maybe different kind of Evolution.

Last edited:
Level 12
@AwesomeGuy
Hmm interesting idea, but I think because so few people will actually beat this game, it would be unfair to prevent others from trying out different hero compositions. But I think I will release the new version with a code that allows you people who participate in the forums here a chance to beta test unfinished heroes. But I am not sure yet :p

Level 1
Its a good idea if you cant find the right heroes and their corruption. So the new players will play with these heroes with paths and evolution and the cool events.

Level 12
New version! 0.26!
As always the new version is hosted on Makemehost.com!
A few comments first.
1. This version comes with major changes to the triggering foundation, because of the new hero picking set-up. This means it is very likely bugs or logical errors have slipped into the map. Though I have tested it a few times, I have surely not stomped out all the bugs. If you find any please report them!
2. The new dungeon room is very raw and not nearly as nice as I would like it, I fast tracked this version though, because all the bugs in version 0.25 really needed a fix and it has been over a month!
3.The changelog does not include all the changes! There many more changes and secrets added that you will discover as you play
4. Thank you for your support! You people playing my map gives me a joy you can't understand. Also keep the feedback coming!

CHANGELOG
Hero Siege RPG v.26

*NEW*
-Heroes are now chosen in game through taverns
-New dungeon room added after Nerazim Champion (The full dungeon is still inaccessible as of yet)

Arthas:
-Bless mechanic changed: heal for allies is now instant.
-Curse mechanic changed: heal for allies is now instant.

Malfurion:
-Removed all individual hero revives
-Changed name and icon of Revive Malfurion spell

Illidan:
-New icon and model added for Abhorrence Aura
-Illidan's evolution has a new model by user Zerox

Dungeons:
-Alleria Evolution Room has been slightly Terrain slightly changed
-Sylvanas evolution room slightly changed
-Cheese Model for Cat & Mouse minigame has been changed to generic item model (to make it easier to click)
-Ballistas from the Maze minigame have decreased attack speed. (to reduce maze difficulty)
-Wisp from the Maze minigame has increased movement speed.
-Mini game failure penalty reduced from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.

General:
-Map loading time decreased.
-Contributor Items are now awarded at 60 seconds into the game instead of when learning a skill.
-Map optimized and cleared of all leaks and lags.
-Healing Ward is now unselectable.
-Smith's Hammer now drops from Mal'Ganis instead of Ancient of Lore
-High Elf Mage now drops Eye of the Giant instead of Judicator's Soul
-Increase item sell range from 300 to 400.
-Added a questlog with very basic information.
-Following players will now receive a contributor's item (Frankbin, illidan557, waimea, ZubatMan, kiler2521, Sinisterhobbies) *If I forgot you please message me
-Night Elf waves have been made slightly stronger
-Game now displays an in-game timer for the following: Waves spawn, teleport to a dungeon, teleport to a dungeon room, when picking a hero
-Tower defense boss Death Knight has been slightly buffed
-Cleared out some unused icons and skins (map size is lower than v0.25)
-Units will be automatically selected when: Hero is picked, mini game is started/lost and when hero evolves.
-Defeat trigger added when all heroes are dead.
-Nerazim Champion damage nerfed

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed issue where evolved Malfurion could not revive
-Illidan no longer keeps the damage bonus from Unleashed Rage ability if he dies during it.
-Illidan now properly teleports to his evolution zone after Xavius dies.
-Various tooltip typos fixed.
-Fixed bugs where a summon could reteleport units to the starting point of a dungeon.
-Fixed various bugs in mini-games involving the camera and game generated text.

Level 2
@Eat_Bacon_Daily

Praise the glorious sun! For we have seen the end of wars! Now, to stop writing like that. I am really excited now about later during the day when I can play it! Thank you for, well. Many things. I will report any bugs or maybe unintended effects of the change to you, I'd be evil if I didn't.

Level 1
So, i played it on single player, for a short time. no cheats (maybe just a bit). and here is my feedback. bugs + Things i noticed.
-mana ward Hotkey (W) not working.
-Whats the thing about Ageis of the lone knight? Thats the only reason i survived.
-I didnt see timer for waves, only for dungeons. Maybe because i played on SP?
-suddenly, when malganis spawned, Game ended and said i was defeated.[thats happened when i played as arthas. And when i played as illidan it didnt.]
-Waiting to be teleported to next dungeon is a bit too long. (After Antoniads its 20 seconds, way too long)
-To get The lvl 2 Recipe for each recipe (except for lvl 2 ruby) i had to pay 900 gold inculde the needed items.
-At the elven wave some of the balistas didnt even bother to attack me. they just aimed castle. That plus windrunner archer stun made me lose again.
-Also heroes arent stacked anymore, probably because of the tarven anyone can choose any hero. So yellow can choose Arthas and red can choose illidan.
-i find illidan unleached rage op. I think increasing CD would balance it. -i suddenly died again, in sp. Right after i destroyed sunwell. It auto kicked me about 10 seconds after i revived (with agesis). Same thing happened when i played as arthas, it kicked me after i revived.
i suggest you to remove this auto kick trigger, i never liked maps with these triggers anyway.
Also, in my opinion the reason that people find it so hard to defeat karedan is because illidan no longer provides steal aura, which is very usefull. new (2/2)
I also searched realy hard and couldnt find any secret items! thats a shame. Maybe give me clue? :D
You might want to add kaelthalas as second hero instead of sylvanas. (Stromg aoes or 1 Target dps seplls.)

*might edit this the more i play.

Last edited:
Level 12
Thanks for your kind words guys. I hope to have this version stable (without bugs) as soon as possible!

@AwesomeGuy
Thanks for the feedback, i'll get on these immediatly.

-mana ward Hotkey (W) not working.
I just fixed it now it will be out on v0.26c

-Whats the thing about Ageis of the lone knight? Thats the only reason i survived.
It's an item that spawns in when you play alone. It's so people can try the map in single player.

-I didnt see timer for waves, only for dungeons. Maybe because i played on SP?
I put the timers only for the first waves following a dungeon. I didn't but one between each tiny wave of units. I'm too afraid it might bug!

-suddenly, when malganis spawned, Game ended and said i was defeated.[thats happened when i played as arthas. And when i played as illidan it didnt.]
You can't see my face right now, but i'm crying. I have no idea what could have caused this bug. I will probably remove the defeat trigger temporarily until I can figure this out

-Waiting to be teleported to next dungeon is a bit too long. (After Antoniads its 20 seconds, way too long)
I will tone it down the waiting times! Though I gave extra time after Antonidas, because of the secret room.

-To get The lvl 2 Recipe for each recipe (except for lvl 2 ruby) i had to pay 900 gold inculde the needed items.
I'm not sure I understand this one. Some recepies require you buy the recepie from the castle to complete it. Although I don't know if thats what you meant.

-At the elven wave some of the balistas didnt even bother to attack me. they just aimed castle. That plus windrunner archer stun made me lose again.
Yeah single player is pretty flawed. It is not a priority for me to balance it, but I can look into removing the ballista minimum range to help combat this problem

-Also heroes arent stacked anymore, probably because of the tarven anyone can choose any hero. So yellow can choose Arthas and red can choose illidan.
Not sure what you mean about "stacked". :p

You might want to add kaelthalas as second hero (instead of sylvanas. (Stromg aoes or 1 Target dps seplls.)
I have considered him, but he doesn't really evolve or change physically in the warcraft story. Still not sure though

P.S Thanks for your comments, I hope to play it with you on BNet soon :)

Level 30
I see siege attackers pretty fair as they are - they're meant to shoot at your healer/ranged carry and ignore everything else.

As bacon said, single player isn't really a thing for this map, and therefore it's very likely not going to receive balancing changes just for the sake of it :)

Level 1
He means that red can for example pick Illidan and thus is no longer the tank. Therefore, stacking can't happen (someone chooses a role before the game starts) as easily at least.

Yep, that probably the thing i hate the most in the new version. that heroes are now pickable instead of being stacked.

And kaelthalas did evolve, after he made the pact with legion and tried to take the sunwell.

i still like the idea of making the second heroes as secret heroes that dont need a path and storyline. Maybe just a small evolve for new skills but thats all. like that you will give new players the chance to play with the first heroes which have realy good story and evolves (and balanced skills), And remove that pick ability.

also the whole thing about the secret room in antonidas room is that its *secret* room. you are just making it easier to find!

Last edited:
Level 12
Yeah i've heard complaints about being able to pick your character in game. I think the problem is that picking in the lobby is better for you veteran players, so you can organize your group, but newer players don't enjoy starting a game and being forced to play a character they didn't necessarily want. It's hard to find a middle ground here. But to be able to add new heroes, this new system must be put in place.

Yeah I think the new heroes won't necessarily have a story or dialog, but simply evolve after the dungeon.

Those secrets are only easy to find since everyone knows about them now

Level 1
Yeah i've heard complaints about being able to pick your character in game. I think the problem is that picking in the lobby is better for you veteran players, so you can organize your group, but newer players don't enjoy starting a game and being forced to play a character they didn't necessarily want. It's hard to find a middle ground here. But to be able to add new heroes, this new system must be put in place.

Yeah I think the new heroes won't necessarily have a story or dialog, but simply evolve after the dungeon.

Those secrets are only easy to find since everyone knows about them now

Well, i dont like when new players taking my arthas and forcing ME to play a character i dont like. You also forgeting that newer players dont know any characters so they arent *forced* to choose a hero they dont like. simply coz they dont know it.
People could choose in lobby as well. It also giving more time to think and to afk. Now i have to be realy fast choosing my arthas before someone else will take it.
You also should change malf class from support to healer. The new players need to know what they are facing.

talking of secrets. Can we get a clue about the new secrets? Im realy curious.

Level 30
That's why the whole concept of "more" heroes was added - to have different characters that accompany different roles, but still keep the same base.
Example, if someone doesn't like being utility/support and all the other slots but Furion are picked, he could go Jaina, which could be a more offensive approach that still can heal.

Alternatively, this could've been done by keeping the same characters, but making them have different "Traits" to choose from at start - like Sylvanas being able to choose between Windranger Trait (her current abilities) or to pick Huntress Trait (which would give her similar abilities, but more focused on single target DPS).

Level 1
but, what happens if there is no malf or jaina to pick up glyph (to get the ability to ressurect), no one likes to be a healer. Players would rather to choose dps hero, not tanks and healers..
Players can choose at lobby as well you know.

also, Hotkeys for tomes?

Last edited:
Level 12
First off, thank you for playing my map :). it means a lot to me!

As for your issue. I really didn't know the castle didn't become invulnerable! That is a bug, I will fix it immediately! May I ask what version of the game you played? I have already made the spirits stop spawning in the upcoming version.
BTW did it bug in the dungeon where you play minigames or the dungeon where you are in a Tower Defense style area?

P.S Where you playing single player? Because 5 man is really the way to go when playing this! If you need folks, just msg me or host on Battle.net the game gets players fast there :).

P.P.S May I ask how you liked the map?

Level 10
I liked it, but could use more heroes, and I downloaded this map the other day, I really liked Sylvanas, but her arrows damages allies too, the part where there is a maze with night elves, it is laggy because of the spirits.
And I can't host on Battle.net, the internet here is too slow for me to play with others.

Level 12
Damn too bad your internet sucks :(.
What version did you play btw, I check the current version and the sylvanas attacking allies and castle invulnerability should have been fixed.
I am adding new heroes and according to your avatar, you may be happy to hear the next heroes will be Jaina and Maiev
Also I'm glad you liked it :)

Level 12
Hahaha yeah, it's a work in progress. It has the features of the upcomming version, but some of it is not finished. I really wanted to test it out in games and fix any bugs that might have slipped in before I officially release it. I might remove it from Makemehost.com, but while it's there, you can test it if you want. The patch notes and everything will be out when it's fully finished :)

Level 1
Hahaha yeah, it's a work in progress. It has the features of the upcomming version, but some of it is not finished. I really wanted to test it out in games and fix any bugs that might have slipped in before I officially release it. I might remove it from Makemehost.com, but while it's there, you can test it if you want. The patch notes and everything will be out when it's fully finished :)

fuck yeah i host it

Level 1
jaina op af, she got 60 dmg fast attack speed, which makes her just a bit weaker than sylvanas. she got more armor than even arthas do.
her empower spell seem so cool, her heal is realy cool too even tho i dont like it because she will have to get closer to the melees if she wants to heal. also that stun seem to be realy good against waves (especialy against the furbolgs waves).
also she doesnt have an ultimate?
as a pro player i would prefer malf coz his stuns and vines realy good against boss and jaina doesnt seem to have anything good against boss.
i dont realy get the idea of blinking and becoming invisible for 1 second.
anyway she looks cool and i like the new models for spells!

my suggestions:
-increase heal radius.
reduce mana cost for empower spell. i mean its a good spell, but 75 is a bit too much. (around 20-50 if you ask me)
hotkey W no working.
reduce her dmg and armor.
increase her heal (W) stun from 0.25 to 1, will make her a bit more usefull.
empowering missles is a bit bugged. sometimes it not working (maybe because i moved?)
reduce mana for her E ability (blink and shield) to something like 25 and increase her cd to 10 (2 seconds? realy?)
-so far it seem like jaina has infinte mana coz replanish mana (D + E cost only 125 mana so she gets spare mana) is so op, (allies get infinite mana as well) and after she gets her E spell over lvl 4 she can just spam it and get more mana that she used (E costs 50 mana so she can use it 4 times in a row and get mana from her passive.)
and reduce cost for mana ward godamn

Last edited:
Level 30
As far as I've noticed Jaina's meant to be a more direct approach to support, adding a possibility of more damage at the cost of utility.

Blink's meant to quickly re-position herself to cast her healing and damaging spells without having to worry for damage she might take, as well as giving her an option to "phase out" and avoid some damage and abilities, making her more durable than Furion, but less of a fully fledged support.

She still has the same "Jack of all trades, master of none" title which I believe will be further enhanced by her ult.

Looking forward for her full release :)

Level 1
NERF THAT BLADEMASTER!

i had a very good team, we manage to kill every boss realy quick.maybe even faster than i would do with you guys. but jubei rekted us so hard. he had very low health in the end but he still killed us all.

also hotkey (Q) for King's Call on guards/servents (arthas summons) not working.
btw i like that new skill very much. very good and cool feature :D

Last edited:
Level 1
Question, IceBound blade (lvl 3 int recipe) has a chance to summon blizzard? How much damage does the blizzard do and what are the chances?

Level 12
Hahahaha, I will tone down the blademaster a little :p

How'd you figure out icebound blade casts blizzard? I never thought anyone would actually build it lol.
The story behind that blizzard is, i couldn't get it to dmg enemies without hurting allies, so basically all it does right now is 0 dmg and I jsut hadn't bothered fixing it lol.

Level 1
Hahahaha, I will tone down the blademaster a little :p

How'd you figure out icebound blade casts blizzard? I never thought anyone would actually build it lol.
The story behind that blizzard is, i couldn't get it to dmg enemies without hurting allies, so basically all it does right now is 0 dmg and I jsut hadn't bothered fixing it lol.

Well, i tried jaina in sp. but as usuall i died against blademaster (I managed to defeat him with illidan once).
I just spammed blinks so enemies could barely hit me ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.