• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Hero Siege RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Alright.

Suggestions:
-Longer time for starting hero selections, to allow players to read up and inform on different heroes, instead of snatching. 10 to 15 seconds should be enough.
-Jaina's mana heal with step + power combo should instantly heal mana, not be delayed.
-Jaina's Empower STILL does not scale at all as game progresses.
-Removed staff from Antonidas proved to be a mistake, healer can no longer keep up the mana at any reasonable level, which is especially notable with Jaina - without staff, she is fully limited to only performing empower + step combo to sustain enough mana to cast a heal.
-Informative game message when someone picks up a team power-up.
-Tomes in general (single target) should be removed as boss drops, and maybe be replaced as minor +1 to all team power-up.
-Cherry Bow's spell needs a new SFX, starfall is a bit overused alraedy.
-I still believe char evolutions should be mini-cinematics instead, they're too nice to not use the opportunity.
-Entering 3rd dungeon triggers two Cenarius audio files at once (bug?)
-If Arthas enters a mini-game while in his ult, it bugs up and becomes permanent.
-Cenarius' divine armor should either be nerfed, or replaced with standard, but giving him up to 70% spell reduction and more base HP.
-A game message should inform players when a new priest buff is unlocked.
-Shop sell range should be increased by about 100, just so a player doesn't have to circle all the way around to sell stuff.
-Skeleton Lightnings are still too overwhelming. If you need a reminder on how to tweak them, let me know.

Hero Suggestion:

1) Lady Vashj, the Maven of the Seas (Blue Hero)

D - Share the Pleasantries
Instantly equalizes amounts of mana between Lady Vashj and an allied hero, and grants both a 35% damage bonus for 8 seconds.

Q - Torrent
Calls a torrent upon a location which will silence and heavily slow all enemies in an AoE. Torrent will also leave a whirpool behind it, which will damage enemies standing in it.

W - Tidal Spirit
Summons a Tidal Spirit, a ranged element of pure glacial water to aid the Maven. It applies a stack of Dampen upon attacking, and standing close to it grants a mana regeneration bonus (200 AoE).

E - Dampen - Passive
Each attack stackably reduces armor of enemies, for up to 5 stacks. Orb Effect.

R - ??? - Silence of the Depths
Curses an enemy, reducing it's attack speed and movement. For it's duration, whenever it becomes a target of a direct targeted spell, it will take damage equal to 10% of current HP, and become silenced for a short duration.

Level 30
More ideas from recent games.
This is technically a double post but do ask me if I care :razz:

Spoiler alert: I kinda don't.

-Heroes can leave a dungeon without picking up their spell glyph - causing them to lose the spell. Should be prevented somehow, since it's annoying when the new player is Furion and it happens.
-On the glyph note, perhaps they should be activated immediately upon obtaining instead of having to drop something, pick it up, cast them, pick dropped item - to ease things up.
-Jaina still has the Furion's revival spells. If you want to keep mechanics the same, just give them new visual clues, such as icon, name and effects.
-Jaina has Furion's cinematic sequence. There's a multitude of events that happened to make her "more powerful" - and the best part - they're all in the campaign files; free voice acting!
-Lothar still has the Arthas' cinematic sequence. Following the lore, there's several "important" happenings that could be used; he uniting the stray alliance sections with Daelin Proudmoore, Uther, Khadgar and Muradin to fight for his lands from orcs being the most notable one, whereas he's been knighted from Lion of Azeroth to Champion of Stormwind.
-Non-recipe recipes could mention that recipe is not needed in a line. It appears that 1 lumber or no stock on recipes seem to not inform newbies well.
-There's a question of how much mana a revived hero gets. Full HP for sure, but ankhs seem to give no mana at all, while furi rezz seems to give full mana.
-Bosses could use some further polish - it appears that most of them have the War Stomp. Some alterations could be done to make the boss fights more interesting.
-Wall blocks in mouse game could have reduced colors on all three RGB fields to make it a bit more dark and fitting to the rest of the map's atmosphere
-Typo in Grom's evo speech, "ment to be" -> "meant to be".
-Jaina's Mystic Barrier lvl 6 says it stuns for 0.25 s while in reality it stuns for longer.
-Nathrezim boss has a nasty habit of ignoring heroes and going straight for the castle. We were about to kill him when he just ignored all heroes and went to 3 hit the castle. You might want to add some sort of limitation to it, or give the castle extra HP per chapter completed.
-Ultimate skills should mention what their stats are at ultimate level. Text such as "Passively casts arcane missiles" aren't informative enough.
-Jaina's evolved Dimensional Step just isn't worth the mana refund. While it's still a spell used mostly to get as many of Mana Surge as you can, 2 mana restore on level 1, after 4th dungeon, sounds really awful, and you likely ain't going to skill it to max level, when it gives 14 mana per cast. Perhaps, a 2% of max mana heal to entire party would suffice more?

And another hero suggestions which I'm sure you could get ideas from.

Maiev Shadowsong, the Leader of the Watchers

D - Song of Vengeance - Passive Aura
Grants all allies a 30% damage reflection aura from melee sources. Moreover, whenever an ally under the effect of this aura becomes a target of a spell, caster will suffer damage equal to x5 of their primary attribute.

Q - Excruciating Strike
Performs a heavy-duty blow to a single enemy, dealing magical damage. Maiev rejoices in the wrath of justice, healing for half of damage done.
W - Fade Away
Maiev throws a flask of smoke beneath herself, turning her invisible for a short duration while silencing and heavily slowing caught enemies. First attack made while invisible is guaranteed to score a x3 critical.
E - Execution - Passive
Grants a passive cleave bonus. Additionally, attacking a Boss deals 3% of it's current HP as magical damage per attack.
R - ??? - Righteous Might
Maiev turns into a frenzied image of Vengeance, gaining a massive boost to attack speed, but suffering a movement speed loss, and losing ability to control herself for it's duration, being able only to attack nearest enemy. While in this state, Maiev is granted a 15% lifesteal.

Last edited:
Level 2
I don't endorse item combining in general. There are billions of Warcraft III maps and each, dunno, tenth of them has it's own item combining system. No wonder why I don't feel eager to read and learn more recipes. The more so Warcraft III UI is far from the greatest for it. Furthermore, it's really sad that the system, I convinced, originally had appear as a way to overcome original game six-items limit became a self-sufficient gameplay part while mapmakers think that combining items does entartain players by itself (it usually doesn't I mean). Such games as Dota and LoL use item system as metagame element, making an item-build in them feels like building your own deck in a CCG or your own army roster in a wargame. Though actually players symply choose stats and perks combination most appropriate for their needs, same effect can be achieved without item system at all, like stat/perk tree instead of shop/inventory, for example.
Those are general problems of item combining idea. There are also some that exist exactly in your map. At first, you actually has two irrespective item systems. The first one is about items you buy from a shop that are combinable and the second one is about items you loot from enemies that are not combinable. Second one seems to fully supply any possible needs so there is no reason for player to bother theirself diving into the first one. At second, your recipes are really long, they may contain four or five items required to combine while hero inventory still has six slots so it makes a hero to drop everything they have in inventory to the ground to combine an item.
Well, currently item combining can be just ignored, though I assume one day you'll want to remake it. There are two ways lying ahead: make an overhaul of the system, make recipes more reasonable, combined items more useful, give each hero a carrier pet to make combining more comfortable etc. or completely get rid of it. I strongly suggest the second one for the reason I stated in the first paragraph of this post.

Level 30
I believe implementing a brand new system just for the sake of it being new doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing. For old and new players alike, having a recognizable system to rely on makes things much easier.

Besides, it's a very lightweight variant of it, comprising of four different items only. If you'd make it any simpler it'd just go down.

Level 1

-Heroes can leave a dungeon without picking up their spell glyph - causing them to lose the spell. Should be prevented somehow, since it's annoying when the new player is Furion and it happens.
-On the glyph note, perhaps they should be activated immediately upon obtaining instead of having to drop something, pick it up, cast them, pick dropped item - to ease things up.
-Jaina still has the Furion's revival spells. If you want to keep mechanics the same, just give them new visual clues, such as icon, name and effects.
-Jaina has Furion's cinematic sequence. There's a multitude of events that happened to make her "more powerful" - and the best part - they're all in the campaign files; free voice acting!
-Lothar still has the Arthas' cinematic sequence. Following the lore, there's several "important" happenings that could be used; he uniting the stray alliance sections with Daelin Proudmoore, Uther, Khadgar and Muradin to fight for his lands from orcs being the most notable one, whereas he's been knighted from Lion of Azeroth to Champion of Stormwind.
-Non-recipe recipes could mention that recipe is not needed in a line. It appears that 1 lumber or no stock on recipes seem to not inform newbies well.
-There's a question of how much mana a revived hero gets. Full HP for sure, but ankhs seem to give no mana at all, while furi rezz seems to give full mana.
-Bosses could use some further polish - it appears that most of them have the War Stomp. Some alterations could be done to make the boss fights more interesting.
-Wall blocks in mouse game could have reduced colors on all three RGB fields to make it a bit more dark and fitting to the rest of the map's atmosphere
-Jaina's Mystic Barrier lvl 6 says it stuns for 0.25 s while in reality it stuns for longer.
-Nathrezim boss has a nasty habit of ignoring heroes and going straight for the castle. We were about to kill him when he just ignored all heroes and went to 3 hit the castle. You might want to add some sort of limitation to it, or give the castle extra HP per chapter completed.
-Ultimate skills should mention what their stats are at ultimate level. Text such as "Passively casts arcane missiles" aren't informative enough.
-Jaina's evolved Dimensional Step just isn't worth the mana refund. While it's still a spell used mostly to get as many of Mana Surge as you can, 2 mana restore on level 1, after 4th dungeon, sounds really awful, and you likely ain't going to skill it to max level, when it gives 14 mana per cast. Perhaps, a 2% of max mana heal to entire party would suffice more?

And another hero suggestions which I'm sure you could get ideas from.

Grants all allies a 30% damage reflection aura from melee sources. Moreover, whenever an ally under the effect of this aura becomes a target of a spell, caster will suffer damage equal to x5 of their primary attribute.

Q - Excruciating Strike
Performs a heavy-duty blow to a single enemy, dealing magical damage. Maiev rejoices in the wrath of justice, healing for half of damage done.
W - Fade Away
Maiev throws a flask of smoke beneath herself, turning her invisible for a short duration while silencing and heavily slowing caught enemies. First attack made while invisible is guaranteed to score a x3 critical.
E - Execution - Passive
Grants a passive cleave bonus. Additionally, attacking a Boss deals 3% of it's current HP as magical damage per attack.
Maiev turns into a frenzied image of Vengeance, gaining a massive boost to attack speed, but suffering a movement speed loss, and losing ability to control herself for it's duration, being able only to attack nearest enemy. While in this state, Maiev is granted a 15% lifesteal.

That Maiev shadowsong would be so unbalanced.
That Song of Vengenance will kill make killing boss easy af. you should replace this ability with something else.
That Q ability of her should have very long cd. Else it will be very unbalanced.
Does her W also slows enemy attack speed or only movment speed?
Cleave is Grom's thing, would be unfair if two charchtars have it. but the percentage damage for boss sounds fair, although she could have 50% of doing that damage.

I assume that she is ment to replace Illidan, although Illidan is weak and minor, he has a very good ability, the Lifesteal Aura, which is so good, and needed in order to survive the game and beat boss. Without Lifesteal things would look much different and harder. So you should give Maiev that aura OR (If you are going to rework illidan abilities that would be usefull too) A Lifesteal Aura ITEM.

Level 2
I believe implementing a brand new system just for the sake of it being new doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing. For old and new players alike, having a recognizable system to rely on makes things much easier.

Besides, it's a very lightweight variant of it, comprising of four different items only. If you'd make it any simpler it'd just go down.
So are you agree or arguing with me? Because that's what I mean: every mapmaker makes his own recipes just for sake of making something brand new. And item combining system can't be something you call recognizable because every map has it's own. Every time playing a new map you have to read recipes, find where are to buy components, realize how useful those items are then calculate how soon you can earn enough resources to afford them. What is really recognizable for everyone is vanilla Warcraft III items system – six slots for additional perks hero may lack. And it's possible to make system based on that which also would be complex enough. Also I think we should not afraid current item system going down since it's barely exist so it's will we tricky to notice that it has dissapeared. As I stated before combing items isn't something that can entartain a player by itself. Having it in your map just for the sake of having it is pointless. A gameplay may just has no need in that.

Level 2
I'm not sure what kind of process you go through to, well... remember items. But, I do not follow those steps at all. But, that isn't important.

Also, those 4 items you so call "useless" aren't. The bosses don't drop enough items to fill all inventories, and unit drops suck... Like, majorly. And, forked lightning (I think it is 7 units 150 damage or something) for 20% isn't that bad (still worse than an extra life though).

But, yes. I do agree with you on the point that it would barely be noticeable. The gold jump would be the same. The only thing it actually encourages is buying items early game to survive.

Level 2
I'm not sure what kind of process you go through to, well... remember items. But, I do not follow those steps at all. But, that isn't important.
Well, it doesn't about this specific map. I've seen some maps where about twenty shops of items and recipes standing around. And a recipe says something like "A Flame Axe from the Weapons Shop Number 3 is required". And you circle trough all twenty shops to find that Flame Axe. And eventually realize that there is a mistake in the tooltip and you actually need a Flame Sword from the Weapons Shop Number 2. I just hope that Eat_Bacon_Daily will never decide to develop item system further to make it something like that.

Level 12
@Apheraz Lucent
I love the feedback! I implemented most of the easy-fix suggestions! Thanks a bunch :D
Longer time for starting hero selections, to allow players to read up and inform on different heroes, instead of snatching. 10 to 15 seconds should be enough.
It would be somewhat annoying to do this, because the wave trigger is set to a time and not to an event, but i'll try and see how i can lazily-implement this :D

-Jaina's mana heal with step + power combo should instantly heal mana, not be delayed.
It was initially instant, but I thought it would be nicer if the mana is given to the new area around her (after she teles) than in the area where she casts the spell (before she teles. Maybe I'll jsut make it happen faster after she teleports

-Jaina's Empower STILL does not scale at all as game progresses.
How would you suggest doing this? Have something like malfurion, where at lvl 9 the spell evolves or maybe make it scale of INT or something

-Removed staff from Antonidas proved to be a mistake, healer can no longer keep up the mana at any reasonable level, which is especially notable with Jaina - without staff, she is fully limited to only performing empower + step combo to sustain enough mana to cast a heal.
It has been added back. I'm thinking of maybe making it a Quest-Item thing, where you have to complete a mini objective with the item in your inventory to unlock its full effects. Something like maybe cast 35 spells with the item in your inventory then it changes into something good.

-Informative game message when someone picks up a team power-up.
has been added :)

Tomes in general (single target) should be removed as boss drops, and maybe be replaced as minor +1 to all team power-up.
Hmmm, theres only like 2 tomes that are dropped from boss, they really don't make a difference, which was kinda the intention

-Cherry Bow's spell needs a new SFX, starfall is a bit overused alraedy.
Maybe i'll jsut remove the StarFall target animation and keep the missiles

-I still believe char evolutions should be mini-cinematics instead, they're too nice to not use the opportunity.
What do you mean, have a forced cinematic sequence of all players? I like the idea, but people always hit[ ESC in multiplayer games during cinematics and causes them to just be kinda awkward

-Entering 3rd dungeon triggers two Cenarius audio files at once (bug?)
Never noticed this, i'll look into it

-If Arthas enters a mini-game while in his ult, it bugs up and becomes permanent.
Thanks for the headsup, i've already fixed it :)

-Cenarius' divine armor should either be nerfed, or replaced with standard, but giving him up to 70% spell reduction and more base HP.
Yeah i'm going to nerf it, maybe set it to 80% reduction instead of 95%

-A game message should inform players when a new priest buff is unlocked.
Good idea

-Shop sell range should be increased by about 100, just so a player doesn't have to circle all the way around to sell stuff.
Implemented!

-Skeleton Lightnings are still too overwhelming. If you need a reminder on how to tweak them, let me know.
I would love if you could tweak them for me :D

Hero Suggestion:

1) Lady Vashj, the Maven of the Seas (Blue Hero)

D - Share the Pleasantries
Instantly equalizes amounts of mana between Lady Vashj and an allied hero, and grants both a 35% damage bonus for 8 seconds.

Q - Torrent
Calls a torrent upon a location which will silence and heavily slow all enemies in an AoE. Torrent will also leave a whirpool behind it, which will damage enemies standing in it.

W - Tidal Spirit
Summons a Tidal Spirit, a ranged element of pure glacial water to aid the Maven. It applies a stack of Dampen upon attacking, and standing close to it grants a mana regeneration bonus (200 AoE).

E - Dampen - Passive
Each attack stackably reduces armor of enemies, for up to 5 stacks. Orb Effect.

R - ??? - Silence of the Depths
Curses an enemy, reducing it's attack speed and movement. For it's duration, whenever it becomes a target of a direct targeted spell, it will take damage equal to 10% of current HP, and become silenced for a short duration
Those are some really cool ideas, Unfortunately I lack the trigger expertise to do most of those spells :(

I actually loled reading this

Yeah it's really annoying i'd have to set a variable to the glyph and all, I was really too lazy to fix, but maybe i'll do it now

They use to activate immediatly, but i thought it was more satisfying to click them.... because who doesn't want to click stuff :D

Yeah right now, all glyphed-based abilities are the ones obtained by the original 5 heroes, I'm working to replace them, but it's so much work lol

Hahahah yeah, i'm looking to add their own evolution zone and seperate cinematics

Implemented. I used Uther's voice line to try and make some kind of cinematic, I hope it makes sense

Ugh, how do people not understand recipes

Yeah, ahnks give non and revive gives full, just like in regular WC3

Hahahha you're right, I try to polish them little by little every version though

I didn't think about that, good idea. It will be implemented

Fixed :)

I'll look into it

That's very strange, not sure what would cause him to ignore heroes. I will buff the castle though

I like the nice clean formatting with limited text, but you're right i'll try and make stuff clearer

Yeah I kinda ran out of ideas to make her (E) more valuable

Q - Excruciating Strike
W - Fade Away
E - Execution - Passive
Oh god once again very nice. I will def take inspiration from this when I work on her!

BTW, it seems you made it to Jaina's evo! What did you think? Did you like her Mirror Entity? I was really proud of that spell :p

@Clawclock
I don't endorse item combining in general. There are billions of Warcraft III maps and each, dunno, tenth of them has it's own item combining system. No wonder why I don't feel eager to read and learn more recipes. The more so Warcraft III UI is far from the greatest for it. Furthermore, it's really sad that the system, I convinced, originally had appear as a way to overcome original game six-items limit became a self-sufficient gameplay part while mapmakers think that combining items does entartain players by itself (it usually doesn't I mean). Such games as Dota and LoL use item system as metagame element, making an item-build in them feels like building your own deck in a CCG or your own army roster in a wargame. Though actually players symply choose stats and perks combination most appropriate for their needs, same effect can be achieved without item system at all, like stat/perk tree instead of shop/inventory, for example.
Those are general problems of item combining idea. There are also some that exist exactly in your map. At first, you actually has two irrespective item systems. The first one is about items you buy from a shop that are combinable and the second one is about items you loot from enemies that are not combinable. Second one seems to fully supply any possible needs so there is no reason for player to bother theirself diving into the first one. At second, your recipes are really long, they may contain four or five items required to combine while hero inventory still has six slots so it makes a hero to drop everything they have in inventory to the ground to combine an item.
Well, currently item combining can be just ignored, though I assume one day you'll want to remake it. There are two ways lying ahead: make an overhaul of the system, make recipes more reasonable, combined items more useful, give each hero a carrier pet to make combining more comfortable etc. or completely get rid of it. I strongly suggest the second one for the reason I stated in the first paragraph of this post.

You bring up a very interesting topic. I agree that there is an over saturation of recipe item systems in maps these days and I share your dislike for them. Some maps you got to look through 20 shops including secret shops to find a components. I especially hate when an item doesn't have a name that reflects its icon. Like having to buy an item called Soul Sword and you look through all twenty shops only to find that the icon for "Soul Sword" is a goddamned AXE!

In versions pre 0.10 of my map I actually had a different system where you would buy two orbs of your choice that gave small stats or effects and then you would buy a sword or a boot and the items would automatically combine adding the effects of the orbs + a little bonus. It was i'd say more enjoyable than recipes but limited to small combinations of maximum 3 items. The problem was that you'd end up with too much gold in the end and I didn't have anythign for you to spend your gold on besides tomes. Also despite writing in the description of items how this system worked, people got SO CONFUSED. I mean it's really simple, just two orbs and a sword HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT lol.

The alternatives to recipes in the maps like this are never really super satisfying. It's either tomes, big one-buy items or gamble. I agree the system in the map isn't fully optimal, but I think I cut off a lot of fat from other recipe systems. I have basically 2 shops with very clear component requirements, plus I use the regualr WC3 item icons and names. If I ever think of a really cool idea I might overhaul it. I'm welcome to suggestions too.

By the way. Thank you very much for your feedback and for playing :). I Hope you enjoyed it!

Level 12
New Version!

YvI2Vp4.png

buGEyUM.png

*NEW*
-Akama Added
-Dungeon 5 reworked

General
-Leavers will have their selections circles removed and no longer random a hero
-Item sell range increased by 100
-Acquiring a Power-Up! now displays a message to all players
-Castle health and armor increased
-Divine Armor now takes 20% of Hero Damage instead of 5%

Arthas
-Wrath of the Lich King (R) no longer shows an ability icon when cast
-Has a slightly different evolution mini-cinematic

Lothar
-Lion's Fury & Fury of Quel'Zalam (D) ranged increased
-Lion's Fury & Fury of Quel'Zalam (D) no longer targets units that aren't visible to the player (also excludes invisible units)
-Lion's Fury & Fury of Quel'Zalam (D) ranged increased from 600 to 800
-Sunder & Rend (Q) no longer targets invisible units
-Sunder & Rend (Q) no longer targets magic immune units
-Epitaph of the Brotherhood (R) mana cost increased from 100 to 125
-Epitaph of the Brotherhood (R) cooldown increased from 1 to 42 seconds
-Epitaph of the Brotherhood (R) no longer displays an in game text
-Now has his own evolution mini-cinematic

Tyrande
-Increased Moonlight Blessing/Moonlight Wisdom (W) attack and movement speed bonus accross the board
-Now has a new extra ability, Celestial Arrow (F). Chilling Howl (F) is now only useable by Sylvanas

Grom
Chaotic Rage/ Furylust (D) no longer shows an ability icon when cast
-Cry of the Horde now set as grom's (Q) spell
-War Stomp spell removed and replaced with Madness
Madness is a short duration massive attack speed booster
-Grom's Evolution model replaced with the regular WarCraft III chaos Hellscream model
-Typo fixed in Grom's evolution dialogue
-Grom can no longer accidentally skip his evolution

Malfurion
-Starting Strenght increased from 17 to 23
-Starting health increased by 100
-Glyph ability is now only Spirit Release (F)

Jaina
-Empower (D) + Dimensional Step (E) combo now replenishes mana faster
-Starting Strenght increased from 16 to 22
-Starting health increased by 100
-Glyph ability is now only Spirit Release (F)

Illidan
-Unleashed Rage (F) cooldown reduced from 35 to 30
-Illidan can no longer accidentally skip his evolution

Waves Part 1
-Skeletal Mage's chain lightning damage reduced from 35 to 30 per target

Waves Part 2
-Blessed Priest health decreased from 645 to 625
-Blood Elf Mage Model changed to Priest model
-Blood Elf mage now has a new spellset
-Water Elemental boss health increased

Waves Part 3
-Huntress Healt increased from 1850 to 2000
-Ancient of Justice Health decreased from 18100 to 17100

Waves Part 5
-More waves added
-Slight alterations to standing waves
-Nerazim Champion damage and health reduced

Dungeon One
-Paladin room is now completely visible during the fight
-Buffed Paladin's health from 1000 base to 1900
-Fire Elemental damage increased from 205 to 245
-Earth Elemental damage increased from 157 to 187
-Water Elemental attack speed increased by 75%
-Air Elemental attack damage increased from 147 to 200

Dungeon Two
-Blood Elf Engineer armor increased from 10 to 15
-Blood Elf Engineer health increased
-Keal no longer drops Power-Up!

Dungeon Three
-Mannoroth health increased
-Fixed Glitch allowing Arthas/Grom to keep effects of certain abilities forever
-Fixed Bug where Jaina would become vulenrable while doing a mini-game
-Cat & Mouse minigame white walls have been darkened

Items
-Arcane Staff now changed to a quest item.
-IceBound Blade now grants Endurance Aura
-Elven Clover now heals 225 instead of 100

Bug Fixes
-Periapt now properly gives 100 hitpoints
-Fixed some bugs, where cameras would not pan properly to teleport point of a unit
-Fixed issue where Tyrande would fail to unlock Chilling Howl (D), if she picks up Glyph of the Forsakne while in Luminescence (R)

**Huge thanks to @NailBigGreen aka ZubatMan for internally fixing the map, allowing it to be worked on in patch 1.28+. Without him this version wouldn't be possible!

***New version uploaded to Makemehost.com under "Hero Siege RPG v0.30"

****Tried fixing all the bugs and adding all your suggestions! A lot are left out and will be coming in the next version. It's a lot of work!

*****Major balance changes may cause this version to be harder than previous, I'll be checking up on it

******Thank you for hosting and giving feedback. The map was hosted 600+ times on makemehost.com and I recevied many private messages from communities around the world giving me feedback!

*******Join the Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers if you are looking for people to play with!

******** Download here Hero Siege RPG or here Hero Siege RPG v.30 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Level 2
map is too hard, terrain is bad. The map is actually tiny? Not sure how that will work out later in game but it feels like endless waves of default creeps that are also way too strong. You have to tease a better future somehow man...

Level 12
@Meai
Feedback is always welcome. It's fine if you don't like it. It is suppose to be hard and I assume you played it single player, which is not ideal. Also the map size is tiny, but I have yet to actually fill it up, despite it having around 2 hours of gameplay and around 15 + bosses. I'm not worried about the future of it either, because the map has a solid dedicated fan-base, the last version which was up for around a month and a half was hosted over 700x on makemehost.com. I won't argue with you about the terrain, I'm not that great a terrainer :p

Reactions: San
Level 2
@Eat_Bacon_Daily I didnt play it singleplayer, why would you assume that? It's just not fun. The abilities are fairly generic. I was playing the orc. It's an ugly terrain. The terrain isnt just ugly, it's bad for microing which kinda seems to be the point and only way to survive. Total frustration map.

Level 2
Hey i don't know if this is possible to do or not but if it is possible can you make it so there is no tome stealing for the dead players so some asshole doesn't take them all for himself and fuck over the whole team by being the only guy that gets strong and weakens the rest of the team? Cause that happen in a round where all but one guy kept getting killed then that last guy that was up after getting the team stat up he then took all the tomes that where meant for the dead players make him be the only guy that kept staying alive and he also wasn't share gold to the other players who haven't even maxed their item that they made.

Last edited:
Level 2
Boss fight with Anonidas, use Lothar's skill to move to random enemy, it has a chance to move to center land and stuck there. Because the only enemy can move out will move to center to attack hero and all of enemies are invulnerable.

Level 2
You could implement unit groups for all invulnerables and then just check if they're not in that group...? To add them, just make an invis unit that tries to attack everything that is already on map, if they fail... then that is invul

Level 2
Well... it can either be reworked or fixed. As the reason, it needs a rework is because of bugs, no? Or is my memory faulty right now, probably my memory.

Level 1
After death. Key 3 moon drops from inventory.
After killing Satyr illidan teleports to the 3rd dungeon and don`t get evol

Level 12
@Assassin4 Hai man, thanks for playing the map.
As for the issues you mentionned, the 3 keys of the moon dropping upon death is intended, so if someone dies with the key during the sunwell room, you don't get stuck. As for illidan teleporting you to the wrong place. I just tested it now and it seems to be working fine. Maybe the is something I overlooked, perhaps you could send me the replay so I could analyze it. What version where you playing? Was it v0.30 or v0.31?

Level 1
As for the issues you mentionned, the 3 keys of the moon dropping upon death is intended, so if someone dies with the key during the sunwell room, you don't get stuck. As for illidan teleporting you to the wrong place. I just tested it now and it seems to be working fine. Maybe the is something I overlooked, perhaps you could send me the replay so I could analyze it. What version where you playing? Was it v0.30 or v0.31?
0.31 and after lose i rage quit, maybe i will find atother party for get it.
We had Arthas. tyrande, grom, jaina and illidan. if this will be usefull

Level 1
This wrong description of item :D. Same has a Jaina`s descripsion of her barrier.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_013018_015429_01.tga
    4 MB · Views: 129
Level 1
we had a problem it 4th dungeon. The demon just spawned with 2k dmg during td(not natrezim). Also Arthas can`t use glyth, cos it had a cd (i used a shield before and then pick it.)

Attachments

• LastReplay.w3g
    674.5 KB · Views: 79
  • WC3ScrnShot_013118_223936_02.tga
    4 MB · Views: 140
Level 1
Just started playing this map in the past few days, dude, it’s such a great thing, played it a bunch, even been hosting a ton off makemehost, characters are awesome, abilities, it’s engaging, you actively have to use your hero not just spam stuff. I haven’t been able to get past the tower defense portion of it, hoping to get a solid team together, seems like that’s the kicker everytime, cuz I’ll get 1 or 2 solid teammates but makes it hard later on. Great work though, ton of fun, really wanna play the warden, and see some of the ultimates. Created this account on here just to say thanks for making a great map.
Let me know if there is somewhere I can go to to get a great team going. And keep up the great work!

Level 12
@Nickezs
Hai man, thank you so much for your kind words and for hosting it a bunch! You have no idea how much that means to me. I'm really happy you are enjoying the map. Are you having difficulty beating the dreadlord after the tower defense part or are you having trouble in the actual tower defense?
If you are looking for a group, you can join our discord server. I think there is a link for it on the main post of this thread. I would give you the direct link but i'm on my phone right now.

Anyways i look forward to your continued support and feedback.
Thanks man :)

Level 1
Yeah of course man, the map is amazing. just made it past the tower defense today, finally! lol yeah that'd be great how do I join the discord server?

Level 1
Hey m8, Love the map been playing it a bunch lately. The Illidan bug happens if illidan dies during xavius fight and is revived. You get revived in the Mannoroth room and when you go through the portal in that room you get tpd back to base :)

Level 1
I was thinking a good thing to add in the map would be to hotkey the orange priest, or be able to. sometimes he's a pain to click on during the boss battles. Also has anyone in here made is past the ghost part, tough as hell.

Level 1
yeah it'd be nice to just use cntrl 2 so no clicking with mouse to try and clikc the priest. Lol who are these people, im trying to get past those bastards

Level 1
Hey Bacon hope all is well man. Last time I saw you, you said new V soon? that true?
whatre the odds of an in game item for me?
-bmxdude

Status
Not open for further replies.