• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Helps with model animations, to use on a specific spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello everyone!
I use this model Mal'Ganis the Eternal One and I was trying to use the Berserk spell and by activating the spell I want you to use the following animations: -Slam Attack, Slam Attack 2, Slam Attack 3-. In Art-Animation Names, I wrote the following: attack, slam, 2, 3. But it doesn't work, someone knows what to do, I don't know if it's the wrong spell or animation names.

Level 20
You can put animation tag to a unit, I think "Slam" is considered as an animation tag.
So maybe put it on a unit when berserk is active and otherwise remove when finishes.
All of this are doable inside the Trigger Editor and not Object Editor (OE).
  • Animation - Add the slam animation tag to (Triggering unit)
And
  • Animation - Remove the slam animation tag to (Triggering unit)
EDIT:

I'll test this myself if the method works properly and will give you a result.

Last edited:
Level 20
You mean you can't do this? (This is your only option aside from convoluted ways)
  • Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Berserk
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit udg_Caster = GetTriggerUnit()
      • Animation - Add the slam animation tag to Caster
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Animation - Remove the slam animation tag to Caster
You should learn, there's a lot of GUI tutorials about using Trigger Editor, or go straightly to JASS or Lua (if you can code)
How can you build a map (not mentioning terraining) but without triggering?
I'm encouraging you to learn this or else you'll not be able to achieve these kind of things by just altering OE.
Just a tip.

Level 7
To be honest, I just copy and paste the custom abilities and if i understand when i see that the detonator system has already been created...but to create i still can't, but i will take your advice into account, because to create a map i think that knowing this is mandatory. Thanks for your time. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 20
To be honest, I just copy and paste the custom abilities and if i understand when i see that the detonator system has already been created...but to create i still can't, but i will take your advice into account, because to create a map i think that knowing this is mandatory. Thanks for your time. :infl_thumbs_up:
You're welcome.

Take note that the solution provided above was just merely an example.
In this case, it's just for your personal use. I've used global shadowing
there but that's not completely necessary for the GetTriggerUnit() (just showcasing the method)

I also don't advocate the use of waits in spells as they're not that kind of reliable.
If you're interested to learn, explore this section: Trigger (GUI) Editor Tutorials
(Although, I can point you at the coding section but GUI interface is extremely user-friendly for
starters, if you're confident enough then you can explore this instead: JASS/AI Scripts Tutorials)

Orderly,
Basic Triggering
Variables
Things You Should Know When Using Triggers / GUI
Casting Events Guide
Hashtables and MUI
Visualize: Dynamic Indexing
Memory Leaks

These tutorials are a must-read whether you're a map-maker or a spell-maker.
I'm just guiding you on the specifics. ;)

Level 7
You're welcome.

Take note that the solution provided above was just merely an example.
In this case, it's just for your personal use. I've used global shadowing
there but that's not completely necessary for the GetTriggerUnit() (just showcasing the method)

I also don't advocate the use of waits in spells as they're not that kind of reliable.
If you're interested to learn, explore this section: Trigger (GUI) Editor Tutorials
(Although, I can point you at the coding section but GUI interface is extremely user-friendly for
starters, if you're confident enough then you can explore this instead: JASS/AI Scripts Tutorials)

Orderly,
Basic Triggering
Variables
Things You Should Know When Using Triggers / GUI
Casting Events Guide
Hashtables and MUI
Visualize: Dynamic Indexing
Memory Leaks

These tutorials are a must-read whether you're a map-maker or a spell-maker.
I'm just guiding you on the specifics. ;)

Thank you very much, I will read them if or if. About the solution he gave me, if it worked as i wanted.

Note: I don't know how long it will take to create this multi-race map, but I will give you credits. :infl_thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.