• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with my spell please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hello everyone i made a spell called "Chain Ice" for my sorceress wich uses the siphon mana lightning and the frost nova target and jumps to 3 other targets damaging them, i need to add a chill effect (slowed) on each unit that gets damaged by THIS spell for 3 seconds they said i have to use a dummy unit i made it using the "Zone idicator" unit but i dont know how to put in the trigger for it and to remove leaks, remove the dummy unit afterwards etc so some help would be appreciated :D

Level 18
I know that you can trigger a spell like this. But i understood he did this without trigger so i suggested the DDS to get the three damaged units by the object editor made spell.
Ok, to post triggers copy your trigger by using ctrl+shift+c and put them inside TRIGGER tags.

Last edited:
Level 5
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Ice (Sorceress)
  • Actions
    • Set TargetedUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit (Custom Campaign) for Player 6 (Orange) at (Position of TargetedUnit) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Set DummyUnit = (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order DummyUnit to Human Sorceress - Slow TargetedUnit
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
    • Unit - Remove DummyUnit from the game
and yes this didnt work :( btw the human sorceress - slow is the chill spell i based on the sorceress slow spell and Chain Ice is based on chain lightning i didnt use triggers for it

Level 18
You have to set the event to a unit starts the effect of an ability.
Then add a slow ability to the dummy.
Don't use wait&remove -> use apply timed life (generic expiration timer it's called i think).

Btw set the position of the caster into a variable.
And at the last line of the trigger write
  • Custom script - call RemoveLocation( udg_Var )
This will remove the location leak.

But all i said will work only for the first target ^^'

Level 5
  • ChainIceActivate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PositionOfCaster = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit (Custom Campaign) for Player 6 (Orange) at (Position of TargetedUnit) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to DummyUnit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_Var )
is this how it should look like? :O
by the way i dont see why should i put caster locaton cus there isent any thing that is using the caster location here? i still made the variable and set it though

Level 5
well good night, ill post this so you can see it when you wake up

• ChainIceActivate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PositionOfCaster = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Add Slowed to DummyUnit
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to DummyUnit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_PositionOfCaster )
it WORKED!! :D but the problem is that it ONLY works on the first target, the other 3 targets that the ice jumps to dosent get chilled :$

by the way i downloaded Bribe's Damage Detector
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-damage-engine-v2-2-1-0-a-201016/

so if you can, explain what should i do to make the editor recognise the 3 other targets? :D

Last edited:
Level 29
the position of TargetUnit leaks in the create dummy trigger. You are storing the wrong thing at the top of the trigger.

Never use casting unit / entering unit / dying unit use triggering unit instead.

Also is the whole spell triggered or is it based off of another ability in the OE ?

if it is not triggered then you need a DDS to detect the other units hit by the spell.

Level 18
Set the positgion of the targeted unit into the variable not the position of the caster sorry x)
By the way i never used a DDS so you can ask to Bribe your problem since i don't know his system works ;)

EDIT : didnt see second page death already said it x) sorry for being that stupid

Level 5
the position of TargetUnit leaks in the create dummy trigger. You are storing the wrong thing at the top of the trigger.

Never use casting unit / entering unit / dying unit use triggering unit instead.

Also is the whole spell triggered or is it based off of another ability in the OE ?

if it is not triggered then you need a DDS to detect the other units hit by the spell.

no its based completly of chain lightning, the only thing i ever changed was the lightning (from chain lightning to siphon mana) the target to frost nova and the icon thats all i changed :D i found a DDS but seems so hard to communicate with it

Set the positgion of the targeted unit into the variable not the position of the caster sorry x)
By the way i never used a DDS so you can ask to Bribe your problem since i don't know his system works ;)

EDIT : didnt see second page death already said it x) sorry for being that stupid

okay ill send him a private message and hopefully he will help and thank you guys for your help i really appreciate it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.