• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Help with triggered chance on hit spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
so im new to hive / map making in general and i need help with 2 spells i want to do. im almost positive i can do them both from the same ..whats the word, idea?

1. i want to make a chance on hit chain lightning. which i think i kw how to do (not using orb of lightning, to glitchy). but i dont know how to adjust the lightnings damage when it procs , or edit the actual jump times / range. as its a preset spell from far seer. ( my object editors far seer's chain L had its name changed a while ago.)

2. i want to make a chance on hit chain lightning that when it procs it sends a chain lightning to ALL units in a aoe around the atttacker, and i dont know how to go about that, ive done some trial and error..but no luck. note : i dont want a nova, i want to make a chain lightning be targeted on every unit, im going to have to use dummy units im aware of this..

Level 2
see..i dont understand a single thing in that post, huge triggers..just need some simple stuff. ~ plus i want to edit chain lightning damage.

Level 2
chain lightning
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
((Attacked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True
Actions
Set Chain = (Random integer number between 1 and 5)
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Level of rawr for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 1
Chain Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Attacked unit)
Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
(Level of rawr for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 2
Chain Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Attacked unit)
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
(Level of rawr for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 3
Chain Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Else - Actions
Do nothing

This is what i have for chain lightning, is this ok? i tested it and it works how i want, i just want to kw if i can change the spell it uses (orc far seer) into a custom one. or if there is another way to edit the chain lightning properties.

Level 6
I think editing the % of damage lost per jump isn't possible with object editor, maybe though. To get a custom % reduction per jump you might have to go 100% custom with the spell. (Meaning that you will have to trigger out the whole thing and during the damage phase it gets calculated out.) Or you could make a copy of the spell "Finger of pain" change the lightning effects to chain lightning, change the damage to w/e. You can give the dummy units.

Level 2
I think editing the % of damage lost per jump isn't possible with object editor, maybe though. To get a custom % reduction per jump you might have to go 100% custom with the spell. (Meaning that you will have to trigger out the whole thing and during the damage phase it gets calculated out.) Or you could make a copy of the spell "Finger of pain" change the lightning effects to chain lightning, change the damage to w/e. You can give the dummy units.

im not much concerned about % lost per jump, and the only way to do a custom spell 100% i kw is with orb of lightning, which i wish to avoid.
for the spell i want to adjust the main damage, so the first hit does 400 damage ?

no idea what you mean by the finger of death, im REALLY new to this.

Level 6
The initial damage? easy.
Level 1 - Data - Damage per... 85 (Damage per target)
Level 2 - Data - Damage per... 125 (Damage per target)

Open up the field value and change the number to however much damage you want it to startout with.

Level 2
The initial damage? easy.
Level 1 - Data - Damage per... 85 (Damage per target)
Level 2 - Data - Damage per... 125 (Damage per target)

Open up the field value and change the number to however much damage you want it to startout with.

thanks but i figured it out myself, my problem was i wasnt giving the dummy a copy of the spell. so he was casting the generic chain lightning. so no matter how much i edited any spell, he was casting a preset version. self teaching this stuff is a pain ><

Level 6
lmao thats silly :D I make these silly mistakes alot. I'm a bit further down the road then you but im still a rookie for sure and I got alot more to self learn. Althoguh I do ask for alot of help sometimes :p

Level 2
you means, everytime "your unit" is attacking enemy, it release chain lightning spell to all enemy nearby ?

sorry for my bad english :(

Level 2
  • chain lightning
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Chain = (Random integer number between 1 and 5)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Chain Lightning lightning spirit for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 1
          • Chain Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add chain lightning dummy lightning spirit to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of chain lightning dummy lightning spirit for (Last created unit) to (Level of Chain Lightning lightning spirit for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Attacked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Chain Lightning lightning spirit for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 2
          • Chain Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Set level of chain lightning dummy lightning spirit for (Last created unit) to (Level of Chain Lightning lightning spirit for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Attacked unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Chain Lightning lightning spirit for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 3
          • Chain Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

i figured out everything i needed to, so i thought i would post a TESTED and WORKING chain lightning % on hit effect. might help some people.

and yes im still looking for how to make a chain lightning be cast on all units around my caster but i could assume i can make unit groups around triggering unit and create a dummy on each unit?

INFO on trigger : integer 1-5 means this spell has a 1 in 5 chance of procing (20%, 1-10 = 10% so u can adjust freely) i made it work on 3 levels with the chain lightning ability of my hero in this case (Chain lightning spirit)

Status
Not open for further replies.