• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Cooldown disabler buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Soo... What am I doing wrong? Nothing whatsoever happens when I activate the spell. Some googling taught me that the cooldown tools may be a little wonky, but at least the mana cost changes should activate, right?

Can anybody see anything that's obviously wrong?
(I know using wait is like swearing in church. It will be changed to a proper counter when I get the effect to run.)

Arcane Rage
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Arcane Rage (Sorceress - Ulti)
Actions
Set Sorceress = (Casting unit)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Sorceress using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeTarget.mdl
Set ArcaneRage_SpecEffect = (Last created special effect)
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set cooldown of ability Fireball (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Fireball (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 0.00
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set mana cost of ability Fireball (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Fireball (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 0
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set cooldown of ability Frost Nova (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Frost Nova (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 0.00
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set cooldown of ability Chain Lightning (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Chain Lightning (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 0.00
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set mana cost of ability Chain Lightning (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Chain Lightning (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 0
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set mana cost of ability Frost Nova (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Frost Nova (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 0
Wait (2.50 + (2.50 x (Real((Level of Arcane Rage (Sorceress - Ulti) for Sorceress))))) seconds
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set cooldown of ability Fireball (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Fireball (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 14.00
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set mana cost of ability Fireball (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Fireball (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 140
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set cooldown of ability Frost Nova (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Frost Nova (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 16.00
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set cooldown of ability Chain Lightning (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Chain Lightning (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 12.00
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set mana cost of ability Chain Lightning (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Chain Lightning (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 130
Unit - For Unit Sorceress, Set mana cost of ability Frost Nova (Sorceress), Level: (Level of Frost Nova (Sorceress) for Sorceress) to 160
Special Effect - Destroy ArcaneRage_SpecEffect

Level 39
That looks to me like it should work. Are you running the latest patch? When you say "nothing whatsoever happens" do you mean that the special effect doesn't even show up? Perhaps you put the wrong spell in the conditions ability comparison. Put some debug messages to display and ensure that the trigger is actually running.

Many of the ability modifying functions use 0-indexed fields and it's possible (unlikely but possible) that it expects the same for the level field. In this case "Level 0" would be lv1, "level 5" would be lv4, etc., so you are actually setting the cooldown of the next highest level of the ability than what the unit actually has. If that's the case you can put a -1 in all of the level fields. I would try it first with all spells at level 1 and see what happens.

Also do this to post triggers: How To Post Your Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.