• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Can't change spell ability missile and name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

I went through your FAQ as I feel like this is probably a newbie question although I feel like I used to do this all the time in the old World Editor but I'm clearly doing something wrong now. I couldn't really find anything in the FAQ and tried to give your search function a go but without any luck.

The issue:
I used Storm Bolt to create a new custom ability and changed everything to what I wanted it to be.
I used Sorceress to create a new custom unit and changed everything to what I wanted it to be.
Now when I give the custom ability (Previously Storm Bolt) to my custom unit (Previously sorceress), it will be called Invisibility and have the invisbility icon instead of the attributes I gave it in the Abilities editor.

Some things do work for it: Mana cost, stun duration and damage, but everything visual seems to be fall back to the ability Invisibility.

What am I doing wrong?

Level 1
Here you go. Btw it's with the new world editor for Reforged.

I don't think I gave it a duplicate code?

The ability is Frozen Spark. I've tried to change the missile and all other art to something crazy in an attempt to just see a difference but again without any luck.

Attachments

• Test-Wizard.w3m
    12.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Level 1
Hey just bumping in the hopes someone can help me out. This is a consistent issue I get it in every map I create, I'm clearly doing something wrong but I can't fathom what.

Status
Not open for further replies.