• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Immunity not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am creating a trigger based map, and I have now reached a point where my single target spells are for some reason able to target units with spell immunity. I am well aware of the spells that pierce immunity. But I am talking about a storm bolt spell, or chain lightning primary target that doesnt fail to target spell immune units! It doesnt damage the target, so I guess the immunity kicks in at that point. But I mean why in hell is a storm bolt spell (or chain lightning) able to target spell immunes in the first place? Is there any editor glitches, or max limitations, or anything that may cause an issue like this one?

For a second example: I have two custom heroes on my map with same custom storm bolt ability, although one ability is copied from the other for text purposes only. Although the new copy of the custom storm bolt spell for some reason is able to target spell immune units. But the first custom storm bolt spell which I made earlier in the map, works properly and if I try to target a unit with spell immunty, you get the yellow text: this target is immune to spells. So......... what gives with the new copy? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 4
There are many 'Spell Immunity' abilities in the Object Editor. If one fails you should try another one.

Level 5
Hey thanks for the response, but I already tried that... I even tried stacking all the spell immunities on to one unit before I target it, but still same issue.... something else is going on... wondering if i hit some kind of limitation or something?

Level 5
LOL... I kept tinkering and found my problem. If you adjust any abilities "Stat - Required Level" field from its original level 1 requirement, it then allows the spell (such as; storm bolt, chain lightning, etc) to target spell immune units. The spell will not deal any damage, but any stun or slow effect will still take place. I guess by changing the required level of an ability it then renders the ability as ultimate. According to game data anyhow. So at this point only in the advanced gameplay constants with spell immunity resists ultimates being true will then properly reactivate spell immunity against abilities with required level 2 or greater. Interesting.... and annoying both. New decisions now need to be made.

Level 10
If your spells are hero spells, and their required level is higher than 1, they will be able to target spell immune units by default. (By setting their required level higher than 1, you are making them into "ultimate" spells.)

There's a setting in the Gameplay Constants called Gameplay - Magic Immunes Resist Ultimates. You could set that to True.

Status
Not open for further replies.