• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell Immunity - Modifiable???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
We all know the Spell Immunity ability makes a unit immune from spells with some exceptions. One exception is hard-coded ultimates. Charm, whether a hero ability, a level-6 required hero ability, or a non-hero ability will always work on spell-immunes and similarly Monsoon will not.

Yet I found a map which makes these abilities work in reverse - WITHOUT the use of trigger code.

http://nohunters.com/download.php?view.4

This map, Onslaught (which Onslaught Cinch was based from), contains the two above mentioned abilities being able to target spell-immunes or not being able to target spell-immunes when the opposite should be the case. Triggers are not involved in the targeting and the abilities are based directly from their melee counterparts. Why is this the case? How did they do it? HOW!?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Charm does not affect units with resistant skin, so that is one possiable way.
Way two is there probably is a boolean variable in the gameplay constants which can be modified to get the desired effect (however not just for one spell). This can be seen by letting defend deflect attacks, which it quite clearly normally does not my altering a boolean in the gameplay constants.

Level 4
Put this on the abilities that you want to affect the spell immune:
Example with Shadow Strike

Level 1 - Stats - Targets Allowed <------ Inside there check up the Invulnerable field.

If you want to affect the other levels of the ability change there too.

Level 7
@DrSuperGood: Resistant Skin is not a factor.

@Kankuro: I highly doubt that would work and that is not the method being used here.

The thing I really want to know is how they in particular achieved modifying specific spells to affect or not affect spell-immune units.

Well, have you considered the fact that those spells might be custom, so that they meet no requirements at all? You can make a Charm spell on your own; the action is "Unit - Change Owner", not that hard, ha? Apart from that, for the Magic Immunity, you can go to "Gameplay Constants", scroll down to "Gameplay - Magic Immunes resist ultimates" and set it to True (?)

Level 7
Well, have you considered the fact that those spells might be custom, so that they meet no requirements at all? You can make a Charm spell on your own; the action is "Unit - Change Owner", not that hard, ha? Apart from that, for the Magic Immunity, you can go to "Gameplay Constants", scroll down to "Gameplay - Magic Immunes resist ultimates" and set it to True (?)
Yes, yes. I am aware. I looked into triggers and game play constants. Magic-immunes are still affected by ultimates under gameplay constants. There is no trigger for the Monsoon ability (should not work on spell-immune units but somehow does) and the Charm ability (should work on spell-immune but does not) has a trigger but it is only their to restore the target to full health and mana (disabling the trigger still lets it work on spell-immune).

Is it possible they changed the built-in code behind these spells to get their desired results?

Level 7
While it is mostly true 'anything can be triggered', triggers are not being used here. How many times reiterate this? Open the map for yourselves. What I want to know is how they got their spells to work as they do.

As for the invulnerable thing - that is incorrect. Non-ultimate spells which are set to work on invulnerable units will

a) Affect units who are vulnerable and not spell-immune.
b) Affect units who are invulnerable and not spell-immune.
c) NOT affect units who are vulnerable and spell-immune.
d) NOT affect units who are invulnerable and spell-immune.

I just ran a test and used the abilities Shadow Strike (which is an odd one to pick considering the damage is physical instead of spell damage while still being a spell...) and Storm Bolt.

Level 8
Any ability which requires hero level 6 to learn is considered an ultimate, so maybe all the spells have required level 6?

Or the "Spell Immunity" ability for the units in question is a dummy ability that only is there for the tooltip.

Level 7
Any ability which requires hero level 6 to learn is considered an ultimate, so maybe all the spells have required level 6?
That would be awfully convenient but the required level does not affect whether the spell can or cannot wok on spell-immune units.
Or the "Spell Immunity" ability for the units in question is a dummy ability that only is there for the tooltip.
No - it is not just a dummy ability.

Level 13
maybe with triggers?

>unit is ordered targeting an object
>>issued order not equal to attack
>>owner of ordered unit belongs to an all of owner of targeted unit
>>......
order ordered unit to stop

il do it better if this could
be good

Level 7
maybe with triggers?

>unit is ordered targeting an object
>>issued order not equal to attack
>>owner of ordered unit belongs to an all of owner of targeted unit
>>......
order ordered unit to stop

il do it better if this could
be good
No, this is wrong. I checked all the triggers; they are not a factor in this spell immunity issue.

Level 13
No, this is wrong. I checked all the triggers; they are not a factor in this spell immunity issue.
maybe the spells are triggered(ensnare work on spell immunity units so...),anyway my trigger could be same like spell immunity in that map,the only problem is the error text "this unit is immune to magic" but i know that it is possible to call for errors (dunno how)

Level 7
maybe the spells are triggered(ensnare work on spell immunity units so...),anyway my trigger could be same like spell immunity in that map,the only problem is the error text "this unit is immune to magic" but i know that it is possible to call for errors (dunno how)
This does not change the fact that in this map triggers are not doing a damn thing about the workings of spell immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.