• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi i have a problem with a missile spell, I was using dummy units like missiles

• Missile
    • Events
      • Unit - Test 0000 <gen> starts throwing a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Cañon
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 3 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Last created unit group) and do (Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Move To (Target Point of Ability being cast))
My problem is, how i can make the dummy units explode after reach the point? and if is possible they make AOE damage just with triggers

Level 20
hehehe... That wouldn't work. You're not Declaring Any Unit Group, you're just creating 3 Units.

You have to Add the units to the Unit Group with The "Unit Group - Add unit" action. And add them 1 by 1, inside a loop

Also, for this kind of things we don't use Unit movement, but move the unit with triggers instead, using Polar offset and some other stuff. Look around for Unit/Dummy movement tutorials. You'll need Unit Indexer and/or a Hashtable too.

Level 8
Give them KABOOM ability and order them to do that, or simple kill them, and make them damage the area arround them with triggers.

I am taking a guess here, dont wrong me, but from your lack of knowledge of how to set unit groups correctly, and your lack of knowledge of this

• Unit - Cause Unit to Damage Unit
  • Unit - Cause Unit to Damage 500 arround Point
I am guessing you are new with triggers, so i would strongly recommend to leave it for now, because as Spartipilo said, using the Move function on the dummy unit its not that good, we use a thing called "Dash effect" which is much better, however it takes some time to understand how it works and it requires previous experience with Triggers, so i would recommend to leave it for now and focus on simpler stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.