• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heaven's Fall: Melee Gameplay Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Retera
•"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III\InstallPath" key for backup
Can't find that key anywhere :O
Might check my registry again.

Edit: How does one get their project to become a hosted project -- like if I wanted Heaven's Fall to be a hosted project as you suggested, Daffa?
If My memory serves right, you can try to make a Hosting Request in the Admin Contact (Mods can't made forums, so that makes sense :p), but I can't recall the rest of the details except showing the presentation, Screenshot and such (like when you're submitting a map at Hive), I recommend contact Ralle for project hosting request info, I'm sure he will tell you how to make such request.

Just for the record, a new update went out last night adding the improving Dragon Turtles, fixing some things, adding some experimental probably OP void base defense, and adding a cool finished Voidspawn UI texture drawn by Spellbound.

With the new launcher, you shouldn't need to worry about the registry keys, I don't think. If you do, then I need to adjust its programming again.

Also I still haven't gone after Hosted Project status, but I definitely will look into that sometime soon.

There's a new Voidspawn base defense? Lol didn't notice. Also something weird happened once when I tried to build something and the Voidspawn town hall moved to the location of the building instead of building what I ordered it to build (which inadvertently save me from an attack because the townhall started dishing out some major damage lol).

Oh also you should add a way for the voidspawn to destroy trees because a few maps have bases completely cutoff from one another with walls of trees.

Launcher Registry Reading Fix

For people who still can't get the new launcher to work, here is another update where I think I fixed the registry reading issue; you should now be able to pick where to install the mod if it cannot find your Warcraft III folder on its own.

(I thought I had programmed this before, but it was still throwing errors if it read empty registry keys... I think? I'm having a hard time testing it because it works fine on my machine.)

@Spellbound
Yeah, I know about that bug and I'm still not sure exactly what to do to fix it... The Voidspawn build is heavily scripted, but part of what it uses is the "Build Tiny" ability to build at a range, and by unchangeable binary in the game engine the "Build Tiny" ability allows you to build on top of the building unit, and it just moves the building unit. Now, when it was a hero making the building, that made sense...
So, there's a script in there that does the math for the pathing size of what you are trying to build, as well as what source unit is building it (the Shrine of the Aether), and it cancels your order to the unit to build if the building is inside of the town center itself. (Try building a void building on the town center, or partially intersecting it's pathing, next time you play. You'll find that it doesn't say "Can't build there", but that it usually doesn't work because my script detects it and denies your build command)
But, in some obscure situations, the binary code of it all still manages to move the town center somehow.

Edit: Forgot to attach!

Edit: The mod is TEMPORARILY DOWN for updates, the launcher doesn't work, kudos if you already have it, it will return soon. Post in this thread if you wanna get it back up sooner! (Nirvana DLLs it borrows are not compatible with 1.28, and hosted server for launcher from Dropbox is no longer a supported Dropbox feature)

Last edited:
Level 6
Hello, I've tried the new launcher and it worked perfectly! Ran the game with no problem and kicked ass with Final Alliance. However I have a question. Is it really necessary to have internet connection to install this mod? Or can I simply copy-paste the downloaded files onto another computer? Thanks in advance!

Level 6
Nevermind, I got it to work. A quick guide to anyone who is trying to do this. Copy these files into your Warcraft III directory: UserInterface folder, HeavensFall.exe, hfmd.exe, hfmod.dll, hfmod_launcher.profile, hfmod_pkg.dll. This is what I've done and it's working fine.

To answer the question about the installer, yes you could install it offline. And, if you wanted to install without the installer, here are the download links used by the installer itself:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/HeavensFall.exe
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/HeavensFallReadme.rtf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/hfmd.exe
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/hfmod_pkg.dll
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/hfmod.dll
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/UserInterface/1.mpq
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/UserInterface/2.mpq
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/UserInterface/3.mpq
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/UserInterface/4.mpq
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/UserInterface/5.mpq
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/UserInterface/6.mpq

So if you were to manually download all of these files to your Warcraft III folder and then do Run as Administrator on the HeavensFall.exe, you could essentially do manually what the launcher is doing.

Edit: How many votes do I have for an offline installer program? I could build one if I spend the time, but then it'll need to be redownloaded for each version.

Edit: This a really old post now, but if you're going to do a manual install download this file too:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/install/hfmod_pkg.exe
It was added in a recent update!

Last edited:
This is amazing, but it has a wide variety of flaws. I didn't go very in-depth in recording everything because I just wanted to play the game, so there are probably more things to fix, but for now I'll just list some of them:

The Final Alliance

The Final Judge's "Righteous Fury" doesn't seem very appropriate for his concept or combat role, attack speed (basically berserk) just doesn't seem like it's his thing. This should be replaced perhaps with a similar ability such as “Righteous Protection” that would decrease damage taken when activated.

The Final Judge’s “Hammer of Justice” spreads out so much that all it really does is its mere 30 damage to the occasional target that it is actually able to hit on a rare occasion. It should be confined a bit closer to the hero to make it more likely to actually hit someone, and it should definitely have its damage tripled. Yes, tripled. I mean 30 damage, come on really? Even if you're lucky enough for it to hit someone, it wouldn't scratch them anyway.

The Final Judge’s “Healing bolt” heals way too slowly to have much use during combat. Think about what "100 over 12 seconds" means. That basically means 8 per second for 12 seconds. That's pretty weak. It should either have its time lowered to 6 seconds or its heal buffed by 50%.

I think town centers, not just castles, should be able to garrison commoners or workers; early in the game is when people would need that function most.

The troop price range isn't enough. From Militia to Swordsman to Champion, the troops get amazingly stronger, and only a tiny bit more expensive. Why would anyone even bother making the other tier units? Diversity is important; I think you should kick up the pricing a bit on higher tier units.

The bombard tower attacks far too quickly. Four cheap commoners in it and it's an explosive machine-gun. You should cut its fire rate in half. It's also too inexpensive for such a large building; its price should be increased to at least 250 gold. Cannon towers also need more health; for something so huge, it dies ridiculously fast. Increase its health to at least 1000, please.

The AI's sent their commoners to attack. Really?

The Castle needs to shoot a bit faster; at least 50% faster. Full of 10 commoners, and with such a large cost and size, it does a mere 34-40 damage and attacks horribly slow. Yes, I know, it hits multiple targets, but it is still far too slow.

The Risen

I saw two “Graveyard” buildings on the Devotee, same tooltip and price, different icons. May want to fix that to what they’re supposed to be.
The Twisting Spire says in its tooltip that it attacks enemies for cold damage. Yes, it has the Frost Attack passive, but without being upgraded it has no actual attack.

Both Upgrades of the Twisting Spire have the same tooltip, and I still don’t really understand what they do besides change the model.

Upgrades like “Rotsteel Weapons” need to say what units they upgrade. “Some units” leaves the user wondering who the heck it actually applies to and whether or not they should get it.

Many icons seem to be missing DISBTNs. Green boxes are really, really ugly to see in-game.

It seemed that’s the undead I had the human interface. You could at least use the undead interface for them.
The Rotsteel Huntsman’s “Snipe” ability’s tooltip cuts off at “dealing”. You may want to add the “### damage” part to it as well.

The Skeletal Tyrant’s “Defensive Strength” doesn’t give anywhere near enough melee damage reduction to be worth it. At level 1 it gives 5%. 5%, really? What’s that even going to accomplish? It should be doubled. Even then it wouldn’t do much.

According to the Skeletal Cavalry’s “Hail of Arrows” tooltip, it slows targets’ movement speed by 0%. If that’s true, why is that even part of the tooltip?

According to Skeletal Rotsman’s “Rotsteel Arrows” tooltip, it slows the targets’ attack speed by 0%. If that’s true, why is that part of the tooltip?

The Skeletal Crawler’s “Clutch” claims to deal 0 damage per second for 0 seconds. Please… Fix the tooltip.

The Rotsteel Forge’s tooltip is that of the regular game’s “Crypt”, with the same name and description, claiming to train things like ghouls and crypt fiends.

The Lumbering Graveyard has the tooltip of a Crypt Fiend.

The Skeletal Cavalry is a really interesting concept. You should make it so that both parts of it are able to attack at the same time. To do this you would need to use triggers, and have the mounted archer as a separate unit, but it would be completely worth it. There are already mount systems which could be applied and modified to have this effect. You also should increase the archer’s damage; it does a mere 11-13 damage which is not worth it for such a large and expensive unit.

The Necropolis had the Slaughterhouse tooltip.

The Altar didn’t seem to work properly; even when obtaining the requirements for extra heroes it still stated that very same building as a requirement and I was unable to train additional heroes.

The Lumbering Graveyard is a really neat concept, but I think it would be cool if its actual attack did something too. It’s okay that it’s really slow, and it’s okay if its actual damage per second is low, but the damage of its attack, considering that it takes several seconds to attack, could at least be increased to 32-40, and piercing as its attack type doesn’t make much sense; it should be Normal or Siege.

Considering how much space they take up and the effort and resources put into making them, the Necros Mortar should have more health.

Enlightened Tide

The Mur’soph Emperor’s Cry of Inspiration doesn’t really improve with each level. It still blocks one effect. Increasing the duration doesn’t matter since when used during combat it would proc within a few seconds anyway. You should trigger it, to have one, then two, then three, blocks (at level 3). This could be achieved using a sort of dummy buff, that your trigger could check to see how many procs the unit has left on it depending on which buff it has, with the buff being changed to a different one depending on how many procs it has left.

I was surprised by the lack of naga. I love naga; I would have liked to at least seen a few naga mixed into this race.

The Dragon Turtle plays the shield deploying animation, but then reverts back to its regular animation. It should have an “alternate” set of animations so that it continues to have the shields deployed while walking, standing, and attacking.

Considering how large the Sky Hydra is, I really don’t think 245 health is appropriate. You should change it so that the Coutl is the light air unit while the Sky Hydra is the heavy air unit.

The regular Sea Turtles should have their price increased from 175 gold to 250 gold, and their health gained per interval increased from 25 to 45. It just doesn’t make sense when they eventually turn into HUGE turtles and still have only 575 health.

Freezing Legion

The Ice Lord’s “Frost Trail” should do damage to units, possibly around 5/10/15 damage per second, and its slowing effect should be significantly increased. Considering the quick mana drain of it, a mere 20% slowing is just too weak, especially since it would require him to move around creating the trail rather than attack.

The Frost Spirit’s “Renew” still says that it repairs “Night Elf” buildings.

With Igloos being something that slows down nearby units, they would be desired as strategically placed buildings. As such, adding a mere 7 food is a bit annoying since instead of placing a couple of them at each entrance and path as support, you have to mass them anyway. They should have their amount of food supply raised to 12, but have their cost and build time increased to balance out with it.

The Legion Grandmaster hero’s model is really bad. Sorry, it just is. There are plenty of great frost magic hero models that you could use instead available to you both in-game and on hiveworkshop, though, that I really think you should change it to.

Considering the difficult process of raising the “Blue Moon” in order to enable the use of bloodlust by disciples, you really ought to buff Bloodlust to be a bit stronger than a regular old buff. In fact, I don’t think bloodlust is very fitting for the concept of the frost clan in the first place. It should enable the use of a spell based off of inner fire, of course with the effect, name, and such changed, but the buff would give +30% damage and +5 armor, which I believe would be more fitting to the race, ice being associated both with damage and defense, but definitely not associated with speeding units up.

Lost Tribe

The Rock Towers are pretty small (the size of a normal guard tower), don’t cost much gold, and have 950 health. This means that one can block units out for quite an amount of time with them as they can fit many towers in a small space and have a lot of health for them. Considering their rather fragile looking model, and that other races have fortified-looking towers that take up 3-4 times as much space with only 550 health, I really think that these towers should have their health reduced.

All of the buildings were based on the same mushroom cappish wooden building. They aren’t distinct enough. I know you tried to make them a little different, but you could certainly make a couple of them different by having different colors and/or designs on the mushroomish things.

Voidspawn

Upon playing as the Voidspawn, I had the loading screen for the Lost Tribe.

Etherstorm Warden’s “Ether Monsoon” needs to be toned down a bit. With 60 DPS for 12 seconds, it is significantly more powerful even than most hero abilities. Not to mention how incredibly powerful it would be when abused with massing of the wardens. Especially with it having such a short cooldown which allows constant use of it. It should have its cooldown increased to 20 seconds, so that it cannot have constant casting of the ability, otherwise players could simply mass this unit and annihilate armies with unceasing ease.

The Freezing Legion AI was constantly fleeing a mere second after attacking me as I played as The Risen.

The techs seemed quite underpriced. They might as well be free when they cost 50 gold and 50 lumber. Make them more expensive so that people actually have a choice to make on whether or not to invest in them.

The items like the "Maul" and "swifblade" which cost only 50 gold need to have their prices increased. Come on, when you make something that cheap, people won't even think twice about whether or not to buy it; it needs to cost more gold, such as 100.

Despite the above issues, and a few other things I noticed but didn't mention, I still loved this mod very much. I love the UI's, I love a lot of the models used, I love the unique feel of each race, I love the completely awesome and original concepts of some of the units and abilities within the game, and I love that the AI are able to play with the different races. Great job on this, it really is awesome, and I look forward to seeing hopefully most of these issues fixed, particularly ones related to tooltips. I also really hope that you create a custom campaign for this mod; I feel that without one it feels incomplete. 8 Races is plenty. In fact, the current 6 completed races are plenty. Your priority now should be improving what currently exists, and creating a campaign using what exists, rather than continuing to create more races. Sometimes it's the polishing that matters, not how many jewels there are.

Hey, I really appreciate all of the feedback! I've been working on making some updates pertaining to the stuff you mentioned. You can expect to see some more sometime soon.

Edit:
attachment.php

Attachments

• LegionGrandmaster.png
    LegionGrandmaster.png
    525.2 KB · Views: 985
Last edited:
Level 1
I've been lurking these forums since... hell, I don't even remember when, and despite making use of a lot of knowledge from plenty of sources here for over half a decade, have never bothered to sign up and actually post.

But, wow. This mod. It's not just incredibly impressive, it reminds me of why I started making custom maps - to make a whole new experience that's both fun and interesting, while keeping classic Warcraft III gameplay.

This is awesome. You're awesome.

Oilman, I really appreciate hearing that from guys like you; it's an inspiration to me hear such positive feedback!

I need to finish the next update to the mod; I have Spellbound's sweet Lost Tribe UI, updated Voidspawn UI, and a bunch of unit data balances/edits from TLI-Inferno's ideas that I need to finish. You can probably expect the update in the coming few weeks. (Or this weekend, depending on how much free time I end up having)

Oilman, I really appreciate hearing that from guys like you; it's an inspiration to me hear such positive feedback!

I need to finish the next update to the mod; I have Spellbound's sweet Lost Tribe UI, updated Voidspawn UI, and a bunch of unit data balances/edits from TLI-Inferno's ideas that I need to finish. You can probably expect the update in the coming few weeks. (Or this weekend, depending on how much free time I end up having)

That'll be awesome!

Speaking of which, TLI-Inferno, if you have some free time I'd be interested to discuss a couple of your ideas, and a couple of other balance fixes I've been considering at the same time. I had a chance to chat about ideas with Naresh/Worldtree91 and Matt (the ones listed in the Credits), and here's where I'm at right now with ideas:
• Currently, I have "Righteous Protection" placed in the data as this ability:
Causes the Hero to take reduced damage for a short period of time.

Level 1 - 25% less damage for 30 seconds
Level 2 - 50% less damage for 35 seconds
Level 3 - 75% less damage for 40 seconds

However, it was suggested to me that this could also be replaced by Judgement, a single-target blast of holy energy (probably a model similar to a lightning bolt, but golden/holy styled beam from the heavens)

• Hammer of Justice, as it turns out (I didn't remember the specifics because it's basic on Vexorian's old Spiral Spell Template), can hit enemies multiple times. Putting this in practice, it can actually deal about 90/180/270 (total) damage per unit because it seemed like I could hit a couple of creeps each about 3-ish times with the 30/60/90 damage. Before testing this, I changed the value to 90/120/150 damage, but in retrospect my discussions with Matt and Naresh left us thinking that was quite high, and it might be better to put the numbers around 45/60/75, but to make the ability do something interesting like temporarily reducing the armor of enemies that get struck. Also, I went in the scripts and reduced the outward velocity of the hammer a little, so it'll have a slightly smaller area unless I change that back.

• I increased the hit points healed by Healing Bolt by 25%, and made it heal over 6 seconds instead of 12. However, due to abilities like Steadfast and Horsemanship, Naresh told me he really thought that this was quite an increase to an ability that was already good, especially when hit points healed go farther due to damage reduction. Perhaps it should lose the 25% healing amount?

• Cannon Towers: Like you suggested, I changed their gold cost from 190 to 250, and changed hit points up to 1000 from 600. Also changed their base attack cooldown from 3.00 seconds to 4.50 (they have a larger-than-actual cooldown in the editor, because the orc burrows ability that Garrison is based off of increases their speed exponentially or something like that when you add units inside)

• Castles: Changed attack cooldown time to 4.50 down from 8.00 (same rule applies as above)

• Steadfast ability: Reduced damage reduction from 15 down to 5 (We thought this ability seemed a bit overpowered as it was; it was designed to encourage strategics, but it ended up just making Final Alliance OP vs. anyone who wasn't great at micro.)

• Horsemanship ability: Reduced damage reduction from 14/20/26 to 5/7/9 with the upgrade. This is for the same reason listed above.

• Champions: Price increased from 155g to 215g and 35 l

• Swordsmen: Price increased from 135g to 145g. They actually have more damage than the original Human Footman, and they have Steadfast. This is still a very modest price increase; they might deserve a little more.

• Cavalry (Light & Heavy): Price inceased by 30g and 5 l

• I agree that the AI sending commoners into battle is terrible. The problem is that they do this even without me telling to. It might work to give AIs a clone of the commoner unit types that count as a "worker" class unit, so they don't fight. I may look into that, it sounds like it would work.

• I rather like your suggestion about town centers garrisoning, but I think I might apply it to other races as well. In general, I have lamented the fact that early-game aggression in Heaven's Fall is easier to pull off than in original TFT, because there are less basic intrinsic benefits to fighting in your own base. Example: Say I rush you with 5 grunts at the start of the game, here how it might play out based on your race:
TFT Human: Call to Arms - You save yourself with Militia!

TFT Orc: You activate Battle Stations on your orc burrows, and beat up those enemies.

TFT Undead: You're actively regenerating hit points 8 time faster than the oncoming attackers because of all that nice blight. And, all of your lumber miners are fighters, to boot! You might even have a Halls of the Dead attacking those enemies if you've been pushing tech.

TFT Night Elf: Your buildings are living ents that smash your opponents, even which doing other processes. In addition, any units you have to fight back -- even if its just your first hero -- will get a tremendous healing benefit from you moon wells.

HFMod Zear Fallen: Well, I guess you could defend by attacking with those 3 hearty Fortifiers... Maybe you could actively waste your money on some Zear Wall to tick off the enemy before he kills you. -> These guys could benefit from a town-hall garrison mechanic as a way to have an intrinsic defense mechanism in their town.

HFMod Enlightened Tide: While you don't quite have burrows, your annoying little Tadpole Coral Beds might help to stave off an attack. -> Perhaps these guys don't deserve town-hall-garrisoning.

HFMod Freezing Legion: You can't even really attack with your Frost Spirits. Early on, the Ancient of Secrets gives you about half as much defensibility as a true Night Elf base, and late-game you might have Sub-Zero igloos or Frost Spirit's Blizzard snow-benefit, but the small damage bonus from that tier-2 Blizzard is hardly enough to save your town. -> These guys could benefit from a town-hall garrison mechanic, but maybe with a weaker attack than the Zear Fallen?

HFMod Lost Tribe: Elemental Charge is like Call to Arms and then some. -> These guys probably don't need any more base defense mechanics with Elemental Charge in place.

HFMod Voidspawn: Without even having workers, Voidspawn base defense has been particularly terrible for quite some time. -> That said, the recent addition of the 20 damage ranged attack to the Abyss Rift in the last patch and the Bastion of Lament's castle-style multi-shot probably have given these guys everything they deserve IF the other races get buffs. (Otherwise that Abyss Rift attack might need a nerf)

HFMod Final Alliance: Training Militia is not quite the same as Call to Arms... -> An intrinsic base-benefit like Garrison to the town center is a good idea.

I recognize that that was a lot of informal jabber, but I hope I made the point that there is a lack of intrinsic benefits to fighting in your own base in Heaven's Fall. In other words, its super easy to rush players early-game. With things like Elemental Charge this issue has been slowly going away, but I really think you're on to something with your town center garrison idea, and I think I should apply it to races like the Zear Fallen and Freezing Legion, too. Perhaps they ought to have mechanics of they own, though. Feel free to give any suggestions.

(I know I left out things like Freezing Legion wall, Spider Shrines, and Voidspawn Shadow Bunkers, Lost Tribe Boulder Towers, etc... but I was focusing on base defense that you don't have to pay for or choose. Note that I also left out Spirit Towers, Ancient Protectors, Watch Towers, and Scout Towers/upgrades.)

• I updated Cry of Inspiration's tooltip to document the fact that its Area of Effect increases with level. I think your recommendation for multi-spell blocks is certainly an interesting one, but it would take a fair deal of time to make and debug JASS to handle that, instead of just using the Rune of Shielding ability that it's based off of now. Do you think it levels up enough in light of the fact that its area increases (but wasn't documented in the tooltip)? It did seem to be a rather small increase: 700/750/800 area as it was originally.

My concern about the JASS for this one is that I don't think there is an event that could be registered for "A unit blocks a spell" if you think of it in terms of the trigger GUI. It would depend if blocking the spell counted as an "EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT" or not, and I'm inclined to think it might not. This would cause me to have to spend some significant time writing spell-block-detection events (to count N spell blocks then cease blocking), or something. I haven't looked into this; maybe it would be easier than I think.

• I increased Sea Turtles' price to 250 gold, and increased their health gained per growth interval to 45, like you suggested

• I haven't yet performed the Sky Hydra to Coatl swap, but I definitely see what you're thinking. Naresh/Worldtree91 suggested that I change the style of the units rather than swapping them; i.e. make the Sky Hydra model something smaller and befitting of a light air unit while keeping the same style, and then adding some visual beefy aspects to the Coatl to make it look like a larger, tougher, air unit (and by doing more than just +0.2 scaling value or something silly like that).

• Originally the Enlightened Tide actually were the Naga, and they used several models like that Murgul Hut everybody uses (it's seriously in almost every naga race) and back then there were no credits to where the models in the home-brew project had come from. After playing FrozenFire's Naga Race, Rhamos Vhailejh's Naga/Murgul race, and the Naga in the Nirvana mod, there came a point at which Naresh/Worldtree91 and I came to the conclusion that there were too many Naga mods all using the same models and assets. For that reason, the Naga were deliberately removed from the Enlightened Tide and overwritten with models and characters that I made myself. For example, the Murgul Hut model is honestly in all three of those mods, at least and was also at one time in Heaven's Fall. Sure, it's good, but after years of work I was shocked to realize how much work I hadn't done after playing their mods, so the removal of the Naga was part of a goal to make Heaven's Fall unique.
(The 'Murgul Hut' model was replaced with the Heaven's Fall Storage Pools) The Murgul Hut wasn't the only case like this; the Naga Empress model and murgul Dream Eater models also fell into the category of recurring assets, and was out of the agenda to remove them that the Mur'soph Slavedriver and Mur'soph Emperor were made. We also wanted to remove them because Ben and Naresh (from current mod's Credits) had not kept a record of where the models came from, and I didn't use the Hive much back then. So, although I realize now they could all be tracked down, using them then was like an insult to their creators as the mod grew and still had no credits.
So there's a lot of Heaven's Fall development history. I really have nothing against Naga, but those are the reasons we removed it. And, having invented the Mur'soph lore, I'm not entirely sure whether Naga would fit in now lore-wise without a change.

• If you're curious about problems with the Dragon Turtle, you can see this thread that I just started. I'm still not sure what to fix about it, because it does have "alternate" animations, but the way the game handles them is problematic. I'm hoping someone who knows the proper animation names for double-animations (rather than alternate second) might wander by and post there.

• Icelord: Frosttrail's tooltip was incorrect. It claimed that the ability slowed by 20%/30%/40%, but it actually only slowed by 10%/20%/30%. This inaccuracy has been fixed, and the slow (and tooltip) have been increased to 25%/35%/45%. Its ice also now deals 5/10/15 damage per second.

• Frost Spirit: Renew now has a custom icon and tooltip.

• Sub-Zero: Formerly, the actual % of slow from Sub-Zero was 10%, although the Igloo tooltip claimed it was 40%. This has been adjusted, so that for all units and tooltips involving Sub-Zero, the slow percentage is 15%.

• Igloo: The Igloo size has been increased, and they have been changed from a 95g 30l 35-sec 500-hp building providing 7 food to a 165g 52l 58-sec 850-hit-point building. This will hopefully make them more useful strategically in conjunction with Sub-Zero, and their Sub-Zero effect radius has also been increased slightly (200 up from 140).

Igloo.png

• Legion Grandmaster: This guy's model was a reference to an old map I had made in like middle school or younger, where I had made a character called "Retera" with that same model, for whom I later named my Hive and Battle.net account. That said, nostalgia aside, everyone hates Legion Grandmasters and their OP soul steal ability, and so I really agree it would add to the game to redo the hero entirely. That's why I've started work on the model pictured in my previous post.

• Disciple of the Moon's Bloodlust: Thematically, I think an ice-styled spell would fit a lot better in place of that Bloodlust. I'm not sure about balancing it; the Bloodlust the Disciples have right now is actually not even normal bloodlust -- its tooltip is wrong. It is reduced, giving only 20% attack speed and 18% move speed. This was, I think, because at some point we thought it was overpowered. I definitely think some kind of icy-buff sounds cooler, though; I'll look into that.

• Rock Towers: Initially, I dropped the health scaling from 950/1050/1150/1350 as they upgrade by 300 hp across the board, so that it would be 650/750/850/1050. I agree that Rock Towers, for costing only a little bit more than original Watch Towers, are incomparably better. However, by the time they reach their top upgrade tier, you've dropped 440 gold and 480 lumber into one tower, meaning its cost almost as much gold and more lumber than a Castle, and still would have only 1050 hit points -- which is only 50 more than the new Cannon Towers that have 1000 hit points for only 250 gold. So, I currently have them set to start at the 650 mark but scale enough in the four upgrade tiers to reach their original 1350, with a progression of 650/850/1050/1350

• Building Models: I hear you about their similarity; sometimes I think it gives them a continuous style, which is somewhat good, but it's true they do all use exactly the same textures.. Maybe I could style some to use different variants of the mushroom textures from the Outland Tree Wall -- if you look, there are many Blizzard-made variants of about the same mushroom texture.

• Aether Trail's mana burned per second was reduced to 8 down from 10, because the buffs to Frost Trail would have made it a vastly superior ability otherwise.

• I've had the very same issue with the Loading Screen, once it even disappeared. I think (notice the italics) that I'll have that issue fixed in the next update. I revised my methods for handling the loading screen information in my side MPQs used by the MultiRace Template. Maybe give it a test after the next update.

• I haven't yet looked at Aether Monsoon, and almost never seen it used in play. I think the big question is whether it stacks; some ability like Starfall can be 13 times at once, and each claim to deal 50 damage per second, but only 50 damage per second is dealt because Starfall's effect doesn't stack.

That ended up taking forever to record; it's getting to be time that I should actually go edit/fix all of the still unfixed issues mentioned about, and there are still a few more in your list that I haven't yet addressed.
I feel a bit inspired to use those different mushroom textures on some Lost Tribe buildings and see how it turns out; it sounds easy, and might really make a Lost Tribe base more stylish.

Also build animations. It's Lost Tribe build animation time if I'm going to be editing all of those models. No more "look my building just spawned finished!"

Level 9
when i tried to open it this massage appear:
This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: C:\Games\Warcraft Heaven Fall\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:6FBB504A

The instruction at '0x6FBB504A' referenced memory at '0x6FBB504A'.
The memory could not be 'written'.
can any one tell my how to solve it?

Well, 7oda, the good news is that I got my computer to give me exactly that error. The bad news is that I only know what it relates to.

The error is deeper in the binary game code than most of the mod itself. I originally had this same error with the mod every time I ran it, and tried to fix with the "hfmod_pkg.dll" file and the "HeavensFall.exe" file working together. Can you confirm that you had both "HeavensFall.exe" and "hfmod_pkg.dll" in your Warcraft III folder, and that you started the mod by using "Run as Administrator" on "HeavensFall.exe"?

Or, alternatively, that you started the mod using the button from the "HeavensFallLauncher.exe", which you had started with "Run as Administrator"?

If you did all of these things, but still have that same error, then I need to learn more about how to fix the problem.
If that is the case, I may be able to write a script to diagnose what part of the mod is not working on your computer.

Last edited:
Level 1
Is this a mod pls make this a map i beg you im just a normal man that doesnt know how mods work i only know maps

Speaking of which, TLI-Inferno, if you have some free time I'd be interested to discuss a couple of your ideas, and a couple of other balance fixes I've been considering at the same time. I had a chance to chat about ideas with Naresh/Worldtree91 and Matt (the ones listed in the Credits), and here's where I'm at right now with ideas:
• Currently, I have "Righteous Protection" placed in the data as this ability:
Causes the Hero to take reduced damage for a short period of time.

Level 1 - 25% less damage for 30 seconds
Level 2 - 50% less damage for 35 seconds
Level 3 - 75% less damage for 40 seconds

However, it was suggested to me that this could also be replaced by Judgement, a single-target blast of holy energy (probably a model similar to a lightning bolt, but golden/holy styled beam from the heavens)

• Hammer of Justice, as it turns out (I didn't remember the specifics because it's basic on Vexorian's old Spiral Spell Template), can hit enemies multiple times. Putting this in practice, it can actually deal about 90/180/270 (total) damage per unit because it seemed like I could hit a couple of creeps each about 3-ish times with the 30/60/90 damage. Before testing this, I changed the value to 90/120/150 damage, but in retrospect my discussions with Matt and Naresh left us thinking that was quite high, and it might be better to put the numbers around 45/60/75, but to make the ability do something interesting like temporarily reducing the armor of enemies that get struck. Also, I went in the scripts and reduced the outward velocity of the hammer a little, so it'll have a slightly smaller area unless I change that back.

• I increased the hit points healed by Healing Bolt by 25%, and made it heal over 6 seconds instead of 12. However, due to abilities like Steadfast and Horsemanship, Naresh told me he really thought that this was quite an increase to an ability that was already good, especially when hit points healed go farther due to damage reduction. Perhaps it should lose the 25% healing amount?

• Cannon Towers: Like you suggested, I changed their gold cost from 190 to 250, and changed hit points up to 1000 from 600. Also changed their base attack cooldown from 3.00 seconds to 4.50 (they have a larger-than-actual cooldown in the editor, because the orc burrows ability that Garrison is based off of increases their speed exponentially or something like that when you add units inside)

• Castles: Changed attack cooldown time to 4.50 down from 8.00 (same rule applies as above)

• Steadfast ability: Reduced damage reduction from 15 down to 5 (We thought this ability seemed a bit overpowered as it was; it was designed to encourage strategics, but it ended up just making Final Alliance OP vs. anyone who wasn't great at micro.)

• Horsemanship ability: Reduced damage reduction from 14/20/26 to 5/7/9 with the upgrade. This is for the same reason listed above.

• Champions: Price increased from 155g to 215g and 35 l

• Swordsmen: Price increased from 135g to 145g. They actually have more damage than the original Human Footman, and they have Steadfast. This is still a very modest price increase; they might deserve a little more.

• Cavalry (Light & Heavy): Price inceased by 30g and 5 l

• I agree that the AI sending commoners into battle is terrible. The problem is that they do this even without me telling to. It might work to give AIs a clone of the commoner unit types that count as a "worker" class unit, so they don't fight. I may look into that, it sounds like it would work.

• I rather like your suggestion about town centers garrisoning, but I think I might apply it to other races as well. In general, I have lamented the fact that early-game aggression in Heaven's Fall is easier to pull off than in original TFT, because there are less basic intrinsic benefits to fighting in your own base. Example: Say I rush you with 5 grunts at the start of the game, here how it might play out based on your race:
TFT Human: Call to Arms - You save yourself with Militia!

TFT Orc: You activate Battle Stations on your orc burrows, and beat up those enemies.

TFT Undead: You're actively regenerating hit points 8 time faster than the oncoming attackers because of all that nice blight. And, all of your lumber miners are fighters, to boot! You might even have a Halls of the Dead attacking those enemies if you've been pushing tech.

TFT Night Elf: Your buildings are living ents that smash your opponents, even which doing other processes. In addition, any units you have to fight back -- even if its just your first hero -- will get a tremendous healing benefit from you moon wells.

HFMod Zear Fallen: Well, I guess you could defend by attacking with those 3 hearty Fortifiers... Maybe you could actively waste your money on some Zear Wall to tick off the enemy before he kills you. -> These guys could benefit from a town-hall garrison mechanic as a way to have an intrinsic defense mechanism in their town.

HFMod Enlightened Tide: While you don't quite have burrows, your annoying little Tadpole Coral Beds might help to stave off an attack. -> Perhaps these guys don't deserve town-hall-garrisoning.

HFMod Freezing Legion: You can't even really attack with your Frost Spirits. Early on, the Ancient of Secrets gives you about half as much defensibility as a true Night Elf base, and late-game you might have Sub-Zero igloos or Frost Spirit's Blizzard snow-benefit, but the small damage bonus from that tier-2 Blizzard is hardly enough to save your town. -> These guys could benefit from a town-hall garrison mechanic, but maybe with a weaker attack than the Zear Fallen?

HFMod Lost Tribe: Elemental Charge is like Call to Arms and then some. -> These guys probably don't need any more base defense mechanics with Elemental Charge in place.

HFMod Voidspawn: Without even having workers, Voidspawn base defense has been particularly terrible for quite some time. -> That said, the recent addition of the 20 damage ranged attack to the Abyss Rift in the last patch and the Bastion of Lament's castle-style multi-shot probably have given these guys everything they deserve IF the other races get buffs. (Otherwise that Abyss Rift attack might need a nerf)

HFMod Final Alliance: Training Militia is not quite the same as Call to Arms... -> An intrinsic base-benefit like Garrison to the town center is a good idea.

I recognize that that was a lot of informal jabber, but I hope I made the point that there is a lack of intrinsic benefits to fighting in your own base in Heaven's Fall. In other words, its super easy to rush players early-game. With things like Elemental Charge this issue has been slowly going away, but I really think you're on to something with your town center garrison idea, and I think I should apply it to races like the Zear Fallen and Freezing Legion, too. Perhaps they ought to have mechanics of they own, though. Feel free to give any suggestions.

(I know I left out things like Freezing Legion wall, Spider Shrines, and Voidspawn Shadow Bunkers, Lost Tribe Boulder Towers, etc... but I was focusing on base defense that you don't have to pay for or choose. Note that I also left out Spirit Towers, Ancient Protectors, Watch Towers, and Scout Towers/upgrades.)

• I updated Cry of Inspiration's tooltip to document the fact that its Area of Effect increases with level. I think your recommendation for multi-spell blocks is certainly an interesting one, but it would take a fair deal of time to make and debug JASS to handle that, instead of just using the Rune of Shielding ability that it's based off of now. Do you think it levels up enough in light of the fact that its area increases (but wasn't documented in the tooltip)? It did seem to be a rather small increase: 700/750/800 area as it was originally.

My concern about the JASS for this one is that I don't think there is an event that could be registered for "A unit blocks a spell" if you think of it in terms of the trigger GUI. It would depend if blocking the spell counted as an "EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT" or not, and I'm inclined to think it might not. This would cause me to have to spend some significant time writing spell-block-detection events (to count N spell blocks then cease blocking), or something. I haven't looked into this; maybe it would be easier than I think.

• I increased Sea Turtles' price to 250 gold, and increased their health gained per growth interval to 45, like you suggested

• I haven't yet performed the Sky Hydra to Coatl swap, but I definitely see what you're thinking. Naresh/Worldtree91 suggested that I change the style of the units rather than swapping them; i.e. make the Sky Hydra model something smaller and befitting of a light air unit while keeping the same style, and then adding some visual beefy aspects to the Coatl to make it look like a larger, tougher, air unit (and by doing more than just +0.2 scaling value or something silly like that).

• Originally the Enlightened Tide actually were the Naga, and they used several models like that Murgul Hut everybody uses (it's seriously in almost every naga race) and back then there were no credits to where the models in the home-brew project had come from. After playing FrozenFire's Naga Race, Rhamos Vhailejh's Naga/Murgul race, and the Naga in the Nirvana mod, there came a point at which Naresh/Worldtree91 and I came to the conclusion that there were too many Naga mods all using the same models and assets. For that reason, the Naga were deliberately removed from the Enlightened Tide and overwritten with models and characters that I made myself. For example, the Murgul Hut model is honestly in all three of those mods, at least and was also at one time in Heaven's Fall. Sure, it's good, but after years of work I was shocked to realize how much work I hadn't done after playing their mods, so the removal of the Naga was part of a goal to make Heaven's Fall unique.
(The 'Murgul Hut' model was replaced with the Heaven's Fall Storage Pools) The Murgul Hut wasn't the only case like this; the Naga Empress model and murgul Dream Eater models also fell into the category of recurring assets, and was out of the agenda to remove them that the Mur'soph Slavedriver and Mur'soph Emperor were made. We also wanted to remove them because Ben and Naresh (from current mod's Credits) had not kept a record of where the models came from, and I didn't use the Hive much back then. So, although I realize now they could all be tracked down, using them then was like an insult to their creators as the mod grew and still had no credits.
So there's a lot of Heaven's Fall development history. I really have nothing against Naga, but those are the reasons we removed it. And, having invented the Mur'soph lore, I'm not entirely sure whether Naga would fit in now lore-wise without a change.

• If you're curious about problems with the Dragon Turtle, you can see this thread that I just started. I'm still not sure what to fix about it, because it does have "alternate" animations, but the way the game handles them is problematic. I'm hoping someone who knows the proper animation names for double-animations (rather than alternate second) might wander by and post there.

• Icelord: Frosttrail's tooltip was incorrect. It claimed that the ability slowed by 20%/30%/40%, but it actually only slowed by 10%/20%/30%. This inaccuracy has been fixed, and the slow (and tooltip) have been increased to 25%/35%/45%. Its ice also now deals 5/10/15 damage per second.

• Frost Spirit: Renew now has a custom icon and tooltip.

• Sub-Zero: Formerly, the actual % of slow from Sub-Zero was 10%, although the Igloo tooltip claimed it was 40%. This has been adjusted, so that for all units and tooltips involving Sub-Zero, the slow percentage is 15%.

• Igloo: The Igloo size has been increased, and they have been changed from a 95g 30l 35-sec 500-hp building providing 7 food to a 165g 52l 58-sec 850-hit-point building. This will hopefully make them more useful strategically in conjunction with Sub-Zero, and their Sub-Zero effect radius has also been increased slightly (200 up from 140).

Igloo.png

• Legion Grandmaster: This guy's model was a reference to an old map I had made in like middle school or younger, where I had made a character called "Retera" with that same model, for whom I later named my Hive and Battle.net account. That said, nostalgia aside, everyone hates Legion Grandmasters and their OP soul steal ability, and so I really agree it would add to the game to redo the hero entirely. That's why I've started work on the model pictured in my previous post.

• Disciple of the Moon's Bloodlust: Thematically, I think an ice-styled spell would fit a lot better in place of that Bloodlust. I'm not sure about balancing it; the Bloodlust the Disciples have right now is actually not even normal bloodlust -- its tooltip is wrong. It is reduced, giving only 20% attack speed and 18% move speed. This was, I think, because at some point we thought it was overpowered. I definitely think some kind of icy-buff sounds cooler, though; I'll look into that.

• Rock Towers: Initially, I dropped the health scaling from 950/1050/1150/1350 as they upgrade by 300 hp across the board, so that it would be 650/750/850/1050. I agree that Rock Towers, for costing only a little bit more than original Watch Towers, are incomparably better. However, by the time they reach their top upgrade tier, you've dropped 440 gold and 480 lumber into one tower, meaning its cost almost as much gold and more lumber than a Castle, and still would have only 1050 hit points -- which is only 50 more than the new Cannon Towers that have 1000 hit points for only 250 gold. So, I currently have them set to start at the 650 mark but scale enough in the four upgrade tiers to reach their original 1350, with a progression of 650/850/1050/1350

• Building Models: I hear you about their similarity; sometimes I think it gives them a continuous style, which is somewhat good, but it's true they do all use exactly the same textures.. Maybe I could style some to use different variants of the mushroom textures from the Outland Tree Wall -- if you look, there are many Blizzard-made variants of about the same mushroom texture.

• Aether Trail's mana burned per second was reduced to 8 down from 10, because the buffs to Frost Trail would have made it a vastly superior ability otherwise.

• I've had the very same issue with the Loading Screen, once it even disappeared. I think (notice the italics) that I'll have that issue fixed in the next update. I revised my methods for handling the loading screen information in my side MPQs used by the MultiRace Template. Maybe give it a test after the next update.

• I haven't yet looked at Aether Monsoon, and almost never seen it used in play. I think the big question is whether it stacks; some ability like Starfall can be 13 times at once, and each claim to deal 50 damage per second, but only 50 damage per second is dealt because Starfall's effect doesn't stack.

That ended up taking forever to record; it's getting to be time that I should actually go edit/fix all of the still unfixed issues mentioned about, and there are still a few more in your list that I haven't yet addressed.
I feel a bit inspired to use those different mushroom textures on some Lost Tribe buildings and see how it turns out; it sounds easy, and might really make a Lost Tribe base more stylish.

Also build animations. It's Lost Tribe build animation time if I'm going to be editing all of those models. No more "look my building just spawned finished!"

That's all great to hear!

As for the thing about the hammer: It spreads out way too much at the moment to actually hit a unit multiple times. In the end its path is so spread out that the only way it will even reliably hit targets once is if you're completely flooded with enemies. If you tightened it up a bit, then it would be able to hit some enemies more than once, which would then be decent.

@matt5556
The map system is too limited for this to be a map. You could not have 6 races each have their own UI tiles, and you could not have 60 MB of game art assets in the 8 MB map filesize limit.

I could try to make you a map of it, but a lot of units and buildings would have to lose their custom models. Or, if I didn't do that, then you would never ever be able to play the map with anyone else -- not on Battle.net or on LAN, because it would say "The map file is too large." You could play it by yourself, though, I guess.

@TLI-Inferno
That sounds good; I think I decreased the outward velocity of the hammer some, but depending on how it plays next time that I get a chance to test maybe I'll decrease it some more.

Level 1
Ialways play by myself

i always play by myself what about making it a map even though you dont ee=want to i really want to play your awesome AWESOME MOAR AWESOME MAP i dontcare how big it is i just want to play it AI!!

Level 1
Really matt, it's quite simple to play using the provided installer. All you need to do is double click on it, click install, then click play. Don't even need to change the location of the file. :csmile:

Level 1
pls use use as administrator i did it but it is still not working pls make it as a map coz i really want to play this

The "HeavensFall.exe" file will only work if the mod is already installed along with it; was your problem with installation or with playing the mod? (Edit: This isn't right -- see below)

Edit, 9/21/2012: The above is inaccurate. I was thinking this was a different similar link to "HeavensFall.exe", a sub-component of the new launchers installation. Daffa's link wasn't that, it was smarter -- a link to the old "HeavensFall.exe" made with MPQDraft. Did that one not work either? I'm going to mention this in my more recent post.

Below, I made this nice little tool. It basically tries to probe what it can about your Heaven's Fall installation, and then lets you save a log of what it finds that you can send back to me to tell me about what did or didn't work in my code.

Just open up the program, follow through any questions it asks you, and then go "File > Save log to file", save it as a .txt somewhere, and then post it here for me to look at.

Attachments

• HFDiagnosticsTool.zip
    225.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Level 1
nope its still not working even that file doesnt work it says it is incompatible with current wc3 file then my windows 8 crashes

i have all the latest patches

Last edited by a moderator:
Any luck with this different tool?

Edit: The download server will be unavailable from 5:30 PM EST to around 9:00 PM EST due to work on an update. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Edit: The update is live and should work now (earlier than expected). This is not the next major update, only fix that provides the following benefit, as posted in the readme:

This small update fixed how the game runs so that it will no longer be possible for Heaven's Fall to corrupt your Warcraft III installation, regardless of circumstance, once you have this update.
This change also fundamentally removes the need to "Run as Administrator" from the game, although the Launcher is still programmed to complain about it because you need Administrator privileges to perform updates. However, if you run "HeavensFall.exe" from your Warcraft III folder after this update, even not-as-admin, the game will now function correctly.

Attachments

• HFBasicsTest.zip
    201 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 1
Hello everyone. I'll be doing some balance stuff when it comes to Heaven's Fall. I'll compile all the worthy suggestions and send em to Retera so if you guys think of anything be sure to let me know :D

Speaking of balance, I need to finish that update with TLI-Inferno's ideas and with Spellbound's sweet new Lost Tribe UI. I'm getting there, I just need to open some free time.

Edit: I've been busy enough with classes that I distracted myself from the Lost Tribe building project; I've made some progress, but that could use even more work too. It was looking good; I found that the blizzard art designers designed like 4 other variants of that same outland mushroom that would look good in their buildings but add more variety.

PS: Anybody have any luck with the BasicTest exe?

mat5556 did you say that Daffa the Mage's suggestion (click for link to it) didn't work? I misread what he put, and it was totally a better idea than what I had.

I tend to think that the authors of MPQDraft knew more about what they were doing than I did in my coding of the new launcher, and so if even their stuff doesn't work I'm really not sure what to think. You could try putting it in your Warcraft III folder.

Last edited:
I'm trying to reply to Daffa's new post here, but I can't actually view that post. There seems to be a quirky bug, so I can't go to page 10 of this thread.

You're quite right about the missing disableds in the Risen; to be honest, they were hastily made before last Christmas came around and I never sat down and fixed them. I guess my focus has been more heavily on the other races. I should fix that, maybe for the next update if I have time. Anybody have a Batch DISBTN creator script? Having made all of the HF disabled icons that exist currently all in Photoshop and the GIMP, it'd be pretty sweet to stop having to do that.

As for the HF world editor, it runs off of MPQDraft. I have two different versions that work slightly differently; maybe I should try compiling with one rather than the other for the next update. "hfmd.exe" will actually start the editor, while "hfmod_pkg.exe" will actually start the game. You can try running as admin on these two to see how it turns out -- that might help but might not.

Absolutely. The most recent version of Heaven's Fall should install without even touching the game files. (Some of the older ones were a little bit more touchy, but I've fixed it all now.)

Inside your Warcraft III install folder, you'll have 3 different Applications:
attachment.php

- "Warcraft III.exe" for RoC
attachment.php

- "Frozen Throne" for the expansion, and
attachment.php

- "HeavensFall" for the mod

Each of these has their own icons. They should all work, and all run the correct game versions -- "Warcraft III" and "Frozen Throne" should be untouched, while "HeavensFall" will launch the mod.

Thanks again for your praise for the mod! I've been away for a while and I had promised an update, and now the mod is really due for one. I was working on it today, and it's great to hear such positive encouragement for what I've been working on these past several years! :)

Attachments

• hfmdapp.png
    hfmdapp.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 324
  • tftapp.png
    tftapp.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 339
  • wc3app.png
    wc3app.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 315
Thanks again for your praise for the mod! I've been away for a while and I had promised an update, and now the mod is really due for one. I was working on it today, and it's great to hear such positive encouragement for what I've been working on these past several years! :)

When people make such comments about a project you've been working on for years it is satisfying.

I like your mod as well. ^.^

Level 5
Thank you for informing me :)

EDIT: I just realized your mod makes my Warcraft III crash on Low graphic settings.

When people make such comments about a project you've been working on for years it is satisfying.

I like your mod as well. ^.^

It's always neat interacting with people working on other awesome projects! Speaking of liking mods... When you get done playing Heaven's Fall, you guys should all go check out Kam's Beyond the Throne. It's pretty cool too!

Thank you for informing me :)

EDIT: I just realized your mod makes my Warcraft III crash on Low graphic settings.

That's interesting... I have almost always played it on high graphic settings, and I just kind of assumed it would work on low graphic settings without a problem. I'll look into that if I get some time.

I remember once coming across some stuff in the game engine about how lower graphic settings worked... perhaps I could make an effort to make the mod actually use low-graphic settings mode. Basically, the game has 3 copies of each 3d model in it for each setting, and Heavens Fall is just made from the high graphic settings copies. If I had the time, I could remake all of the art assets more simply to work for the other modes.

Level 5
That's interesting... I have almost always played it on high graphic settings, and I just kind of assumed it would work on low graphic settings without a problem. I'll look into that if I get some time.

The game crashes when I'm trying to open some maps. And sometimes, it happen on High graphics too!

Status
Not open for further replies.