Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.Dismiss Notice
Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.Dismiss Notice
DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.Dismiss Notice
The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.Dismiss Notice
The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.Dismiss Notice
The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.Dismiss Notice
The results are out! Check them out.Dismiss Notice
Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!Dismiss Notice
The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice
GUI Spell System v22.214.171.124
Submitted by Bribe
GUI Spell System
Spell System revolutionizes the spell making process. It handles spell indexing, end-cast events, timed triggers, configurable unit-in-range filters, memory leak management, gives you access to a part of a global hashtable and reduces your variable and handle count drastically per spell. This system unifies all spell events and runs your triggers for you, directly. The result is an efficient, fully-featured and clean spell coding experience, and my personal favorite contribution to the GUI community.
Included in the demo map is the first spell I've made in 5 years: The Big Dipper. I am pleased to present this project to the Hive community!
- Automatic event handling of spells. The system runs your triggers for you once you have configured your spell with a couple of variables.
- Automatic creation and destruction of spell indices.
- Automatic variable setting: sets the cast ability, the ability level, caster, target, caster position and target position and more into Spell__ variables.
- Automatically runs a spell instance periodically if you specify an OnLoop trigger from a spell.
- Automatic memory management of caster/target locations.
- Unified common variables to reduce user's need to constantly create the same, redudant variables each time per spell.
- Automatically gets all units in a range matching pre-specified conditions.
- You can configure which units in range are chosen from the configuration trigger of your spell.
Spell Preview: Spell System GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
Advanced group variables
Channel Spell Variables
- SpellEvent by Anitarf - Without his system, GUI Spell System wouldn't be nearly what it is now. Almost all the fundamentals of this system are encapsulated by SpellEvent.
- vJass structs by Vexorian - Create a unique integer variable which will act as an array index. Has OnDestroy functionality which is run automatically and is double-free safe.
- Timer32 by Jesus4Lyf - One timer for all periodic events; handles iteration of instances for you behind-the-scenes.
- Constant Timer Loop 32 by Nestharus - A combination of Timer32 and vJass struct creation/destruction which pauses timers/removes system triggers when completed.
- GroupUtils by Rising_Dusk - Factors in a unit's collision size into the InRange check and recycles unit groups.
- Table by Vexorian - The idea to use one hashtable with unique indexes as parent keys so it can be used for many different things.
Simple demonstration of heal-over-time
Simple Demonstration of a JASS spell
Spell, system, gui, anitarf, vexorian, jesus4lyf, timer32, spellevent, nestharus, struct
Page 1 of 9
Page 1 of 9