1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[GUI][MUI]{Earth-Quake} [1.04] <Updated>

Submitted by 88WaRCraFT3
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
I updated spell to maximum. I improved everything what maker said except 1 thing, that is to caster deal damage instead of dummys.
So i think it works now enough good to be approved. Also i added 1 new boolean and 1 new integer.
Boolean = EQ_LimitedChunks - Easly allows you to use limited chunks or not. If it's off spell wouldn't check EQ_MaxChunks.
Integer = EQ_MaxChunks - Only works when LimitedChunks are on. This is the maximal number of chunks created.
Triggers Below!
Updated again :p
Fixed some parts. No need to post triggers again all i did is:
From: Time elapsed of game 0.03 changed to Melee initialization.
and removed these : Set Integer = 0
Set Integer = Integer + 1
And added Set Integer = 1

Keywords:
Quake,Earth,EarthQuake,Earth Quake, Shaking, Stunning, Damaging, Ground...
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: For too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 14:21, 30th May 2011 Maker: Make the number of rocks configurable, it can cause lag because of 34 dummies per cast. EQ RemoveChunks should be turned on/off. Remove the extra and,...
  1. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    fine, what i meant is,

try casting the same spell at the same location 4x.

the first wave is okay, it works just fine,
    but the second wave, it creates a damn lag, because they pick the same destructibles which is already dead, multiple times. within "100" of EQ_Loc[4].

picking at x,y? it just pick destructibles within 100 of a dummy killed with expiration timer.

wrong? is picking only living chunks wrong?

what happens when there is 4 rock chunks at the same location?
    the first wave, the rock is killed, it works normally.
    the second time, it picks the rock of the 2nd skill cast, and the "Dead" Rock from the first wave, causing the trigger to work "Twice".

and at the 4th time, the trigger run 4 times for all the "Dead" chunks. (Including the damage trigger when the rock is dead, it run 4x, coz it counts the dead chunks too.) get the logic?.

• Destructible - Pick every destructible within 100.00 of EQ_Loc[4] and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to EQ_ChunkType
          • Then - Actions
            • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
              • If - Conditions
                • EQ_CreateEffects Equal to True
              • Then - Actions
                  • If - Conditions
                    • EQ_EffectGroundChuckDestroyed Not equal to <Empty String>
                  • Then - Actions
                    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at EQ_Loc[4] using EQ_EffectGroundChuckDestroyed
                    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                  • Else - Actions
              • Else - Actions
              • If - Conditions
                • EQ_MakeDeformations Equal to True
              • Then - Actions
                • Environment - Create a 3.00 second Temporary crater deformation at EQ_Loc[4] with radius 70.00 and depth 45.00
                • Environment - Stop (Last created terrain deformation) over 3.00 seconds
              • Else - Actions
              • If - Conditions
                • EQ_ChunksDoDamageAfterDeath Equal to True
              • Then - Actions
                • Set EQ_ChunkEnemyGroup = (Units within 100.00 of EQ_Loc[4] matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is hidden) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False))))
                • Unit Group - Pick every unit in EQ_ChunkEnemyGroup and do (Actions)
                  • Loop - Actions
                    • Unit - Cause (Dying unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing EQ_ChunksDamage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_EQ_ChunkEnemyGroup)
              • Else - Actions
          • Else - Actions

you should check if the destructible within 100 of EQ_Loc[4] is alive, what you did was just picking every Destructibles, of type rock chunks, within 100 range of the dying location of the dummy. don't tell me you don't know, that it picks "DEAD" Destructibles too, imagine the trigger running for the "DEAD" Destructibles, what would happen?. it would run the whole thing for the "DEAD" Variable existing in the same location too.

you can simply add another condition can't you? to fix this.
    like this

• Destructible - Pick every destructible within 100.00 of EQ_Loc[4] and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to EQ_ChunkType
            • ((Picked destructible) is alive) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
              • If - Conditions
                • EQ_CreateEffects Equal to True
              • Then - Actions
                  • If - Conditions
                    • EQ_EffectGroundChuckDestroyed Not equal to <Empty String>
                  • Then - Actions
                    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at EQ_Loc[4] using EQ_EffectGroundChuckDestroyed
                    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                  • Else - Actions
              • Else - Actions
              • If - Conditions
                • EQ_MakeDeformations Equal to True
              • Then - Actions
                • Environment - Create a 3.00 second Temporary crater deformation at EQ_Loc[4] with radius 70.00 and depth 45.00
                • Environment - Stop (Last created terrain deformation) over 3.00 seconds
              • Else - Actions
              • If - Conditions
                • EQ_ChunksDoDamageAfterDeath Equal to True
              • Then - Actions
                • Set EQ_ChunkEnemyGroup = (Units within 100.00 of EQ_Loc[4] matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is hidden) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False))))
                • Unit Group - Pick every unit in EQ_ChunkEnemyGroup and do (Actions)
                  • Loop - Actions
                    • Unit - Cause (Dying unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing EQ_ChunksDamage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_EQ_ChunkEnemyGroup)
              • Else - Actions
          • Else - Actions

then run the trigger, it works a lot better, look how much lag does it reduce.
    and how much correction does it made. the spell now will not damage the unit 4x of the original chunks dead damage, when there is multiple "DEAD" Chunks around.

what happen when you stack more "DEAD" Destructibles? it damages the same unit with the total "Chunks damage x Total number of dead destructibles within 100 range within dying dummy positioin". isn't that crazy? it multiplies my 2nd wave damage each time i cast the spell on the same location !, i can use this "Glitch" To own the whole game.

if you don't agree with this, picking only "Alive" Chunks,

you should ve assigned each dummy to each chunks.
    so that it only kills "Specific" Chunks when the "Specific" Dummy died.

If you still don't know what i am talking about, re-read every sentence i wrote.

2. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I understand it first time when baassee explained it, but about casting spell with same unit twice, it would bug it anyway, i know, that's why i said, CAUSE it ADDs unit to group. :) I'll fix it for tommorow.

3. Maximum_Evil

Maximum_Evil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see spam of special effects :S and maybe add spell description

4. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Huh I'm kind of back to modding again :D cause i couldn't let this spell not get approved because of 2-3 things not fixed. T H I S I S U P D A T E D ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  5. Dark_Axl

Dark_Axl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    some that i found:
    guess what

• Else - Actions
    • Set EQ_Integer1 = 0
    • Set EQ_Integer1 = (EQ_Integer1 + 1)

is the same like:
    • Else - Actions
    • Set EQ_Integer1 = 1

and for best, i would suggest you to remove the option for Terrain Deformation, as it has been known to cause lag and possible desync in game.

and when you reason with this:
    if your ability/spell is limited by cooldown, it doesn't MUI after all.

6. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What a ? about integer idk where it even is and it's not that big deal. about terrain deformations... srsly i added boolean Deformations On/Off...
    And WT* Are talking about cooldown ? Please check spell and then give comment, or read what we were talking about. It's said that it gives critical error if you spam map... ofc it would do something bad if you cast 1 spell 1000 times on same place... and it is MUI so pls if you got something good to say, say it, if you wanna flame keep it up to you. And about telling what is mui and what it isn't, have you even check triggers ?
    Edit : I'm sorry if it sounds agressive...

7. Dark_Axl

Dark_Axl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i said, i suggest you to remove the option for terrain deformation, not just able to turn it off. the reason is explained already.

the fact is, if you spam a spell, it will cause a massive lag and fps reduction at most, but then if your spell have nothing wrong, it would be normal again when all instances of the spell ends.
    and now someone says that sometimes it gives critical error, its an indicator that something is wrong with your spell trigger. and its your job to find and fix it.

yes i do have check the triggers, but the point that i want to bring is:
    a MUI spells is capable of being spammed many times without large drawback.
    yet you imply that:
    the fact that your spell instance is limited by cooldown. means it is not fully multiinstanceable.
    or in simple words, even if you set the cooldown to 0, it should still work perfectly.

if necessary, i suggest you to try some approved spells in Spells section that has been deemed to be MUI. and try spam them ingame for references.

8. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i already got MUI spell man. About Cooldown, i said that not because of criticals, i said that because of FPS losing. And IT DOESN'T GIVES A CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe it gave crash because he/she razor done something wrong with him self or because of uughgh long spell casting but spell like spell would never give crash i tested it in MP... and yes it ofc gives FPS back to normal after casting, and even if you gave rapid rage at spell casting!!! and you really use that stupid for defence "razor21, First that spell is not created to make fatal errors!!! And it's created to be used with Cooldown!!!!!" :S i already answered for it

9. Dark_Axl

Dark_Axl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hmmm i see, then i'm sorry for those argument,

[offtopic]
    just a bit of advice

but then again, i would like to remind you to mind your language and words,
    as from what i see from the thread, your answer cause misunderstanding to the readers and not only to me, and you only answer clearly when someone explain his point in rage and repeatedly etc.

[/offtopic]

10. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    :S kind of true... But i hate when someone says so many wrong words and doesn't even wants to get point of that what somebody is saying. And i was busy and mad :S now i'm fine and i am working on new spell Lightning Cage :)

11. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    • Set EQ_Integer1 = 0
    • Set EQ_Integer1 = (EQ_Integer1 + 1)

This should be changed to:

• Set EQ_Integer1 = 1

:) And also, instead of Configuring everything at 0.03 seconds, you should do it at Map Initialization :3

12. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ty mustard :D ok but what configures are at 0.03 ? cause all of em i posted on difrent trigger..

13. aider

aider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ah, a Terrain Deformation spell :p That doesnt work for maps like mine, with a lot of doodads it will make major lag. But nice effects, triggering and documentation 4/5

14. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    lol :p
    I meant you should change the trigger that runs at 0.03 game time to run at Map Initialization :)

15. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    aider, ty :)
    Magtheridon96, i still don't understand :S pls post that trigger, and now i go to fix other things you said.
    EDIT : Found it, You meant time elapsed :) ty a lot :D
    Gonna upload fixed map.
    UPLOADED :) I didn't post triggers but i writted what i changed.

16. Lord_BoNes

Lord_BoNes

Resources:
    Resources:
    @88Warcraft3: I believe that Magtheridon96 is talking about trigger 5 (or "EQ Changeables") he is refering to the fact that trigger is firing every 0.03 seconds when you only need to fire it on map initialization (because all your settings only need to get set once, because the values don't change) then after that you only need to READ the settings not WRITE them.

Good work BTW, 4/5 (I'm definately not a fan of GUI... and it'd run a hell of alot faster being JASS only... so I can't say 5/5, sorry :sad:).

17. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    :) i Already fixed that with melee initialization, ok 4/5 good enough :p can't wait for moderation :S how much it takes for moderator to review spell ? :)

18. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @88WaRCraFT3:
    About a few more months :p
    The mods have lives too you know =P (I don't have a life, so maybe I should be in charge of the spells section :p)

19. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    LOL, i know they do :D but i've send him PM, and he also was active when i've send him it and much more days after it :D