• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Got few simple questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Guys sorry if that's a repeat.
I was wondering how to change cliff type, because I change tileset it doesn't change cliff type, it has just left standart 2types of them.
It's just I made seperated areas with snow, blocks, earth e.t....
and for each area I want different type of cliffs but duno how to set them up.
working with jassnewgenpack world editor. Any ideas?
And second question. If I will import all skills and units(with option all import) from other map, will it affect decorations which I made on primary map? cause I changed the sizes of building.

Level 20
About the cliffs: i've hear it's only possible to have 2 kind of cliffs at the same time. I've seen some programs in the Tools section that adds any amount of terrains and cliffs, but i think they bug the whole map.

Aboud the imports: Test it :)

Level 8
Guys sorry if that's a repeat.
I was wondering how to change cliff type, because I change tileset it doesn't change cliff type, it has just left standart 2types of them.
It's just I made seperated areas with snow, blocks, earth e.t....
and for each area I want different type of cliffs but duno how to set them up.
working with jassnewgenpack world editor. Any ideas?
And second question. If I will import all skills and units(with option all import) from other map, will it affect decorations which I made on primary map? cause I changed the sizes of building.

Ok, when you choose a tileset, lets say Dalaran, you will get 2 cliffsets.
One with those purple walls, and the other with the dirty cliffs.
Now, if you go to advanced -> Modify Tileset ( which is what you did ) and add a custom tileset, this will not change the Cliffs. Nothing can change the cliffs. The cliffs are always the two originals from your original tileset.
I think that in "World Editor Unlimited" you can add more cliff types to your map.

for the cliffs i would recommend to read this and especially the first picture then youll know why i gave you the link ^^

For some reason, i have a strong feeling tha specific tutorials is refering to terraining for showcase and not for playable maps. Take for instance, Dota, uses wc3 cliffs, still the best mod out there. Plus it takes too long to master the terraining, its not an easy task.

Level 20
Dota uses cliffs just because it focuses on gameplay and strategy, not on terraining. Most RPG's have to use a good terraining.

See, for Example, Dar Invasion II, it's beautifull how terrains are done, and there are no cliffs, in change, uses that terraining methods to create cliffs with any terrain type.

Level 8
I bet it is man, but you can expect from everyone to do well with terraining, i started working on the editor with a friend of mine, he was always better at triggers, but he totally sucked at terraining. We started working on the editor back at 2007, i still am bad at triggers, and he still cant manage to create descent terrains :p
My point is, a game should be first and foremost be judged by its systems rather than its showing. The substance of the map is the gameplay and the systems it works, its plot etc, not how it looks. (i am not saying it should look like crap though)

Level 20
You're right. Sacrifying Gameplay for cosmetics is a really bad choise, but almost no one does that, they just suck as terrainers :D

Level 2
Thx for everyone, I think I will remake my mountains and cliffs the way it shown in claptomanics link ) it's nice and can be done quite good ) thank you everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.