• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing cliffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Imported Cliffs

As far as I can tell, I do as all guidelines say.

1. I download a skin first - Chrome's EpicRPG tileset - and put it into my WC3 folder.
2. I change the path to TerrainArt\Ruins\Ruins_LargeBricks.blp

So far it works (the flat tiles with Large Bricks change) , but the cliffs still use the normal texture instead of the imported one. I also get a black area on Chrome's texture next to all cliffs, which I can't change. If anyone reads this who has used the EpicRPG tileset, you probably know why this happens. I might ask 67chrome about that myself.

3. I import Chrome's texture once again, but this time I change the path to Replacabletextures\Cliff\Cliff1.blp

The cliffs should now change, or so I thought. But the cliffs remain the same :ar: What am I doing wrong? I'll be grateful for any help I can get, plz.

Last edited:
Level 10
2. You missed "e" in cliff path.

Ok. Well, I rarely copy/paste anything into this forum. But I checked my spelling when I wrote the paths in the editor, don't worry.

1. Cliffs won't change when you import "base" tile. Cliffs and tiles are different textures.

Ok, thanks. I was puzzled by this resource. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/..._by67chrome-blp-134301/?prev=d=list&r=20&t=31
It gave me the impression that you could use it as a ground texture as well as a cliff texture.

Raise/lower is the worst method in the world if you want something that looks like walls, while doodads are a fine method. But I was just going to try out what I thought was possible.
Now I know from you that it is not. Except perhaps by using that resource, unless I misunderstood half of the the purpose entirely. And I may have. If so... whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.