• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How do i change cliff type on a map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So ive started making a map however, i would like to change the cliff tile to something else then dirt or grass,
Now, when i tried modifieing the tileset, it did not allow changing cliff types, so my question is; is there a way to still do this?
i would like to have rocky cliffs instead of the default 2.

Level 24
You cant... normally :D

You have to select another base tileset until you found two most fitting cliff tiles.
Then you can change all other tiles to make your complete set.
When using JNGP, you might be able to change them but I dont really know for sure.

Level 24
Go to the tileset edit window and uncheck custom tiles.
Then you can select a different base tileset which also changes the cliff tiles.
Once you found your desired cliff tiles, you check custom tiles on again and modify the normal tiles.
Then you click "ok".
You will notice that most tiles are replaced by one of the new tiles.
Go to "Advanced" and then use "Replace Tiles..." or "Replace Cliff Type..." to completely replace the tiles automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.