• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changling global cliff type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I used a certain cliff type in a fairly large region and it blended into the terrain well but i added a tile via the JNGP editor and all of the cliffs got switched (grass to dirt) and now it just looks plain ugly. If i try to paint over them in a same level grass cliff, it creates a bunch of random cliffs everywhere. Is there an easy way to fix? (no, i dont want to delete the dirt cliff)

Two ways
  1. somewhere else create a spot (can be 1x1) of terrain that is the same height as a piece of your cliff, but of the clifftype you want. Select a 1x1 square of that new terrain and copy it, then paste in on any part of your cliff that you want to change with the same height, it should convert all of your cliff into the new type, if not then most of it. If it doesn't do it all, you need to repeat the copy/paste onto the part that isn't converted.
  2. Advanced->Replace Cliff Type old being the one you have, and new being the one you want it to be.

Note: The second method, while shorter and easier, will change ALL cliffs of the 'old' type, where as the first will only touch cliffs connected to the one you want to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.