• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

God's Word: The True Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Yeah! The plot is non-linear. And that would be crazy awesome nonlinearity! :ogre_haosis:

That's great, I hate linear storylines.I always find that making choices contributes more to realism, apart from making gameplay enjoyable.The terrain is great, and I am looking forward to playing this if it gets released.

Do different heroes have different food/sleep requirements? Like for example Priest needs more sleep but less food than a class like paladin or gladiator?

Level 7
That's great, I hate linear storylines.I always find that making choices contributes more to realism, apart from making gameplay enjoyable.

Do different heroes have different food/sleep requirements? Like for example Priest needs more sleep but less food than a class like paladin or gladiator?
Class affects only the initial disposition of the hero. For example, if you select a barbarian, then initially we will have these skills: Threats, sharpening blades, heavy armor, two-handed weapons. Our hero have a lot of strength, but little intelligence and dexterity. Also, the first weapon is - a two-handed axe.
Despite the class, the player can learn any skill and carry different weapons. However, if we chose the Barbarian class, the rational to invest skill points in that to which we are predisposed.
Skill Points at the beginning of scattered so that in the beginning it will be hard to turn Barbarian - magician and vice versa.
Predisposition. Barbarian have initially well developed - blacksmithing and military craft. Therefore, it will be easier to learn for example, forging weapons, possession of weapons, than cooking potions (alchemy).

In the future (after the demo) will make possible to generate the class. And what about the impact of class by the number of the desired food is good you came up with. I'll think about it.

Level 7
New video!
Demonstration of the improved interface and marker system.

At the moment, translated: NPCs dialogues 37,5/38

By the way, all the scenario consists of two hundred :goblin_jawdrop: pages (12 font in Word 2003)

Level 1
Browsing through this thread reminded me I posted my first comment here on the very first page roughly two years ago. My expectations from this project have not changed. In fact, the sooner the map is released, the sooner it will be downloaded and played by hundreds, thousands of Hivemembers! Let's see this baby kick!

Level 7
Map is almost translated into English. But the game still need to fix the bugs and finish the dialogues. If you're surprised that the Map is translated, but the dialogs is not yet set up, I'll tell you why. Dialogues were written separately in text files.

Detailed progress (23.01.13)

Landscape 99%
Models 99%
Hero 99%
Scenario (Game) 30%
Scenario (Text) 99%
Systems 95%
Items 99%
Abilities 99%
AI (routine npc's life) 99%
AI (reaction to an action hero) 20%
Balance 40%
Optimizing 20%
Translation into English (Dialogues) 98%

Total (not average value!)82%

Level 7
Release date of the Russian demo-version - June 1, 2013
The English demo-version will be released a bit later ...

Last edited:
Level 1
This looks cool , also beeing released first as russian version, reminds me of all the good Koreean Mmorpg's that they are keeping without bothering of making them international.

Level 7
AngelShade, I just do not know English well enough to immediately write the script on it. Therefore, I first write in Russian, and then my translators translate it.

Level 6
looks pretty good so far except the language of course u really have to change it.

kinda strange im watching a documentation about christian fundamentalists and know the name of your map feels a bit wired :D

Level 7
Abelhawk, Release of the Russian version is scheduled for June 1, 2013. The English version will be released a bit later. I am working on a project from August 17, 2009, and during this time he experienced many stages of development. In the beginning I have had nothing but dreams and ideas.
Moose23, This is an old shabby logo. See the new logo in the latest video.

Level 7
FRENGERS, In the demo version game size is 100x100. But everything is so rich!100500 quests per 1 square millimete!:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
Everything depends not on me, because I myself is very bad speak English. My level of knowledge is not enough, it is good to translate the dialogs. At the moment the translation is almost ready. But map not complete yet. Because the script exists separately from the map. I have a whole folder with the documents under scenario for map.

Level 7
I have already release a demo version in Russia on April 1 :ogre_hurrhurr: In this version can only go in one house. If you try to leave the house plays the song Eduard Khil - Trololo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM), message of congratulations from April 1, and the hero comes back again to the house.:ogre_hurrhurr:
Of course the Russian fans terribly indignant. :ogre_rage: And after that I vowed to release a demo version of June 1, but otherwise you can lynche me. :goblin_boom:

Level 7
SUPPORT! :ogre_hurrhurr:

HTML:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/gods-word-true-way-204990/"][IMG]http://savepic.su/1930747.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Level 7
I realesed map in Russia in 1 June 2013. However, there are a lot of bugs and now I have my session... No time. Therefore, the English version will appear not earlier than July this year.
If you do not have a localized version of Warcraft unknown letters simply will not be shown. Although even with letters, hardly anyone of you is fluent in Russian. So I recommend to wait for the English version.
But if you really can't wait...
Download map (RUS)

Last edited:
Level 7
The project is still alive! I just have a session now at the University (until June 28). I found a good coder :ogre_haosis: and news will be soon , and behind them - the English version! :goblin_yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.