• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin's tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Also "Murloc Knights". Bah, I'll have to talk to him in MSN about it as soon as his back. And, if you are to go for the more lore solution, then I say night elves or tauren. WoW lore counts as something. Besides, goblin provided his own 'lore' - the Goblin music is very loud and the murlocs can't sleep, so they get pissed off and go to ravage the village. It gives a little humorous tint to it, but it's also has some logic in it. Anyways, why wont we just let Goblin decide how he wants his map...?

I think 'murloc knights' just are a unit based on the human knight. Well, i obviously disagree with the NE + Tauren lore of wow, since it happens a well time after the events of WCIII, if you remember the first wow movie. And, the goblins aren't cutting trees!, also, in Wow, tauren buildings are made out of leather and logs. NE and tauren connection is not trees, it's earth if you know, that they both have some diggers in their maín city ETC. I like Mr. Goblins solution way better, since goblins are known for their crazyness, and, maybe also festivities, being loud and funny, so that's what people'll expect from a goblin map.

Well, i AM letting Mr. goblin decide what he wants with his, map, i'm just arguing for his cause. It's you who wants NE. :/ (although i DO feel, that we both are letting him decide for his own, he have no quarrel with wiping out MY ideas, and i don't see yours being any different ^^) I've just worked with him before, and i kinda get what he wants from his maps... It's just given me an insight into what i'd expect him to want to make.
We're just giving artistic feedback, also, he's on the other side of the world, so he's quite slow at getting online XD ... we gotta do SOMETHING, as we're interested in the map ^^

Okay, let's make it clear please..

1# = The name i choosed sucks alot I know, but this is easy to change, so i'm ready for your preposition..

2# = I wont change the enemis because MURLOCS ARE AWESOME!

My reasons=
Murlocs are stupid enemis, think about it, do you think taurens and Night elfs will attack with waves, with no spells no tactic etc? NO!.. murloc will

Murlocs are awesome enemis, cause they are funny, they are creepy, and they fith with my Sea shore village, also, do you think all the murlocs will come from the bridges?!... :D

The goal of this game was to make something funny, and murlocs really fits the team, Night-Elf doesn't and Tauren neither..

Murlocs can be diffrent sizes, Night-Elf or taurens can't..

Murlocs can have funny spells, like fish net, fart etc..

There's at least 8 murlocs model in wacraft3 and don't worry i have some great ideas for the futur..

now please... gentleman, and ladys, let's get over it..

Edit = and on this thread, there's only the basic informations, because it will ruine the hole fun aspect of discovering new stuff.. D: comeone guys! you are like 5 years old children that wants to know your Christmass Gift before time! D:

And i'm leaving tonight in like 6 hours..

Level 23
Im imressed.
But maybe murlocks are awesome and stupid enough, but you do need to change their names(murloc kings and knights are kinda strange). Murlocs are actually peaceful(but they can get pissed).
Mur'gul are aggresive and can be sent by the naga who want to take goblins port.

But anyway your murloc ideas are funny, so let them stay!
Its nice that you have even more ideas.(You will have flying murlocs? :O)

As for the name...no ideas.
The name you gave is great, strange for a defence(even for such awesome as yours), but great.

The name can really be justified... if you make it like, an intro and outtro, and middle sequenses like; "and so the goblins lived peacefully for a month, even though most of the time were spent repairing buildings... and getting the fart scent out of their clothes" it'll make it look like a tale, and also it'll bring the humourous aspect into the game ^^

(i also think that 'murloc knight' is WAY off.)

Level 23
Srsly. Even if its a murloc on a turtle he shouldnt be a knight.

And for the end - After finding out that he's little annoing son is dead(leaving him more chances to be king longer)murloc king thanks you and since then murlocs and goblins lived in peace(especially when goblins sold murlocs as slaves)

oky! good new! me and my team members (Linaze and debode)!

finaly made the brainstorming for the levels!

and all the levels have been set on paper (models, units, spells)

i'm leaving with the computer to my cottage, so i could work on the map, BUT! i won't spend my hole summer in front of a computer :D

so be ready to have a major update in august! but not THAT big F:

^^

{EDIT 1}
woohou! the berserker model slicy changed thanks to Cavman :p

and if now it doesn't ring you a bell than you better take a look at the goblin's model submitions

{EDIT 2}
Last update! until 3 weeks I,m leaving see you soon guys!

NEw spell revealed! for the beserker! :D enjoy your vacation all! will keep contact with Linaze!

Last edited by a moderator:
:/ just spectating - you didn't have to SAY that :/

There are still SOME spelling errors in the map description, but it's readable, definately. You have 'textman' right? Debode? Most of the errors are in the small popup pictures, but i guess it'll be too much work to replace them and so on, if you aren't carrying a multilayer picture file around somewhere. ^^ just letting you know. (Enemies* e.g.)

Level 49
Gamecrafter, my plan is to re-write all of the items, names and so on when Goblin will finish the beta, but I still have to contact Goblin about that. And I suppose goblin should have the multilayer images. I am aware of Goblin's grammar and spelling errors, that's the main contribution I would like to contribute to this project(not like my grammar is "perfect" though
sweat.gif
)

Well, i do some correcture reading on people's maps... You just ask me if you need help ^^ i'm not a native englishman, so some phrases and such may evade me, but i feel i have VERY good control over my english language. 2 years ago i got this statement of an english speaking test: "Your english speech and vocabulary is a bit above the level of most native englishmen" or so... it just didn't use 'sayings' and so. Hope this'll encourage you to use me. I froze in my english exam here before the summer... so i only got... c+ i think it was... But that's a good grade too! And censor was completely incoherent :/ well... I also have 4 english dictionaries ^^

I won't take your job, just know, that i'll always be here to help. Although i AM going on a vacation. in some time.

Level 17
Or me. I actually live in an english-speaking country. Sad, I know. <.< I am like one of the only ones who lives in Australia on The Hive Workshop.

Level 17
Australia was discovered and claimed by Great Britain. The majority, other than migrants who do not wish to speak english, speak the language of our forefathers (yeah, not I. I'm an immigrant myself). But I am not wanting to do it. Just joining conversation. =D

{EDIT}
Meh. I know a lot about it myself. I migrated here anyway. xD But I'm not quite fond of Britons. Anyway, enough mindless chit chat. xD

Hello there! I'm using my Uncle's computer and it took me 10 min to open this page since Internet is so slow, just wanted to say hi! and to say everything is going well so far..

Also that Most of the Merchant items have been created, that we are working really hard on making this map fun and enjoying...

I will only be back in 3 days, to see what's going on!

have a nice day all, and for the Grammar Corrector helps, it's okay Debode can handle it, but i do thank you for asking.. so yeah

Have a nice day, and right now, i'm working on an interface if Linaze and Debode accepts..

LONG LIVE THE GOBLINS!

Thanks leet, lol I came back to town for 1 day, and right now i'm in the middle of a BEST BUY, which is pretty funny, yeah i did use some Donut's model, check the credit, anyway, just wanted to say that, you guys are NOT ON TOPIC, also that i made so far alot of icons for this project... anyway cya

..#Face palm#...

Yeah well, right now i'm again at my uncle's computer, so will make it quick, The sun finaly came out after 2 weeks of smoosh... /cheers, also so far, if Linaze does the triggers that i asked in 1 of my email.

Bobby Crazy Eye will be finished.
Gimpo, Gamble and Zoko will be finished.
George the Third = The tourist Tuskarr = is already finished

so, so far everything is doing great!

Big Tim, Wako Ali and Old Grammy are far to be completed, but the momment i will receive the map back, i will finish Old Grammy.

For the murloc's wave, i haven't started yet, but i'm right now working on putting all the names, spells, theme etc on paper, won't take too long :D

so yeah, cya guys, see you in 3 days.

^^

and don't worry, cause while Linaze is working on the map, i'm making icons, so we are not waisting time, we even have more time :D

soooo yeah, have a nice day all!

EDIT = Linaze is missing D:, i sended him the map 1 week ago, and haven't answered back yet.. so can't tell at what point we are in the map process, also i can't work on the map for now wich kinds of suck.... but anyway, i'm right now working on Wallpapers for you guys, (making them for fun). So right now i'm making a Wallpaper of the Alchemist Classe, hope you will enjoy it.. :D see you back in 3 days :D, i'm coming back to town in 4 days! soo see you back than! :D

Last edited:
Hum good news, Zeverens here, joined the team has a brainstorming partner, due to his brilliante ideas we managed to write down all the items sold by the merchants, also we are right now looking for all the classes's spells! :D cheers!

an other serious information also, after a long conversation with Debode and Linaze, we decided to make the map abit more serious that i wanted too, so like usual, the items and the hero spells will be serious, it's the descriptions that will not be lame :D

and it's not all the spells neither all the items that might have a funny description also... but only the futur will tell us.

-------------
Old Grammy will sell 5 items
Bobby Crazy Eye will sell 4 items
Gimpo, Gamble and Zoko will sell 6 items
Big Tim will sell 9 items
Wako Ali will sell 5 items
Mr.Goblin will sell 5 items

so = 34 items will be sold by merchant.
----------------

Also I'm planning on remaking the first thread, to change the interface looking and to make it better and nicer for you has hive members. Elenai will be responsable to remake each classes and Merchant description, without removing any important information that are already found in this thread. The Items will be shown each time one of the item will be done in the WE and when the icon will be also done.

For the map, we also want to include maybe a camera system, that makes the gameplay more funny and more interresting, the camera system have been given to me by the leader of the well known project Everwood RPG, :D

that's the news for today, i'm heading back to my cottage next week, and i will be back later....

I contacted Linaze, and he said he will be really really busy so he wont be able to make all the triggers i'm asking him to do in the respected time.

so, cheers!

Last edited:
Level 17
Everwood's camera system? I hope Chris'll keep the rest of our systems under his belt. A few others have it too.

Anyway, looks nice. GJ.

Level 12
So its like a defense map?

Me always fond Goblins! Was about to make a Goblin vs. Gnome map but this one blows me off :grin: hehe so I'ma make a horror map instead.

Nice idea, though sometimes simple maps require an extra feature that will keep players loving this map. Hehe don't want them to get bored too fast.

yeah thanks for the advise, but first, i shall (me and my team) should finish the beta version, and than work will talk about futur updates...

btw, i haven't worked on the map for the last 3 weeks, due to some other summer project + family + other fun stuff...

so yeah, but when i will be back in august i will be in a massive rush to catch up the time.. :D

^^ Okay, let's get back on topic :D

me and Zeverens managed to write down every items of this project sold by merchant, also resently if you haven't realised yet, I created a group of map makkers with my friend Debode / Linaze / Zeverens and Cavman (we are NOT looking for new members) but because of that I have been quite busy the last 4 days, making signature, logos, skins, icons for this lovely group we created together.

soon anof we will have a site with all our project shown to the world.

just saying that Goblin's Tale have been putted on hold for now, but! it will come back later with more power :D.

Thanks again for living this growing project of mine with me.

{EDIT}
Also, because of that (forgot to tell) I wont upload this thread anymore BUT! i will keep on posthing new informations about the map until the site is done and complete

====New information====
The Alchemist spells are written on papper!

-Poison Potion = The alchemist throws a potion on the ground, that released a massive cloud of poison, wich caused the Murlocs to choke and receive damage over seconds + have a reduce mouvement speed and a reduce attack speed made by the fact they are poisoned by the cloud.

-Potion of Vitality = The alchemist throws a potion at a friend wich heals the friend by ''X''

-Mushy Potion = Made of magic fungus, this potion when throwed on the ground creates a big magic cloud, wich mana regeneration and more chance to dodge to his goblin friends.

-Magic Dust = this unknown dust can puts murlocs into a deep sleep for ''X'' seconds
=======================

also, i made a new texture for the map, wich is my new avatar, a goblin money texture. I decided also to create my own Interface for the map, but for now it shall wait because i'm still working on Bloodlust Studios.

that's the news for today.

Level 10
WoW is soooooooo not respecting Warcraft3 Lore by adding the Worgen..

Well... Do you know about Gilneas?? It is the Place that was Made Worgens... It have never been opened in WoW and The worgen People there have gotten their Human Minds Back and the starting Quest for the worgens will Explain very good about The story :p And the goblin joining the Horde story will be Goblins Startquests:p

{EDIT}
Ohh.... And The WoW creators are the Maker's of the Warcraft Lore so... They can do what ever they wanne and just make it fit the story Pritty well or fail trying:p

Level 16
Hey, Gobbo, what about to tell to any mod to clean your thread instead keep spamming by yourself? ^^"

i like how your map is going, i want to question: Will be there any advanced system of something? like a inventory system, an attack system, a move system or something, or this will be like any other game but better looking? :D

i would like to have systems like you said, but that's not obligated.

Iventory system = There wont be alot of items droped in this map, so no need for it, also it only bring bugs and confusion and rage when your trying to find an item or to use it, while your ass is being kicked by murlocs. Because the goal for my map is to include Items has second spells almost.. Every item will be cheep but very usefull to push away the murloc waves

Combat sytems = no need for a combat system since the gameplay is more focuss on the items and spell rotations.

Camera Systems= i might add a camera system, so it will include a movement system too, but i will see, since it usualy makes the player lag alot.

I already have a marchent system implented, wich is really nice, you will see.
The boss fight will be really really entertainning, like in WoW each boss will have diffrent phase.

What i'm aiming for this map is the TEAM WORK! because it's by teaming and making combos with your partners that you will understand what works agains murlocs. Also with the use of items, it will make the hole battle more entertainning.

Here's an example.

The Alchemist use his Magic Dust spell on murlocs, it makes 5 murloc falls asleep (stunt) for 10 seconds, well the second after the Alchemist used his spells he use the item Pyro bomb on the same murloc, wich cause them to burn for 5 seconds.

or again

The Alchemist puts down a barrel of explosive wich explose after 20 seconds, when the murloc goes over the barrel, the alchemist use his magic dust spell again, to make them fall asleep around the barrel, now he just have to wait for them to explode with the barrel.

or again

The Goblin Berserker use Taunt to attrack murlocs to him, while the alchemist throws a poison Potion on the same group.

that's the kind of kombo i want. right now i only revealed some possible combos you can do with the Alchemist since it's the only one i revealed yet.

Last edited:
First, I don't want to reveal all the information about the map yet, second he just happends to be the one that i already revealed so far, why I only took him.

and the Alchemist is a group helper moslty, so yes combos would be easier for him. (perhaps)

{EDIT 1}
Oky good news not related to the game but still, i'm slowly uploading the thread to make it nicer and more epic..

Q: Why?!

A: because i looked at Zeverens thread (an other bloodlust Studios member) and i got jealous, D:

MOUHAHahaah

so i decided to make me thread nicer :D

Edit = MOUHAHAHaha it,s coming pretty well so far :D

{EDIT 2}
Okay, here's the last informations about the map.

1 = I have lost internet, it's been 2 weeks for now, I will fix the problem, is just with the beginning of the school, my mind is not focuss on this problem.

2 = I haven't worked on the map since last time, because of the beginning of the school mostly, trying to get myself use to it. Since it's a big step between.

Having my D.E.S diplomat and now starting to have my D.E.C diplomat.

Also, since i got accepted in art already for school, i'm working hard to impress my teacher also, i'm making my way in their ''top 5 students'', so far.... it's working pretty well for me (don't worry).

So basicly, Goblin's Tale have been puted on hold for now, but not for long.

Futher news will come when I will have internet finaly

(I'm not using my computer right now)

so.. see you than, and have a nice day!.

I still don't have internet D:, also Bloodlust Studio now have have internet site (we are still building it) so I might put all my effort into it first, so for now Goblin's Tale have been putted on hold.

but! don't worry Goblin's Tale is still up!

I just don't have internet for now, D: (I'm at school)

see you soon!

Not yet, With the beginning of school, No internet (have to fix it) a technitian is comming in 2 days, with school projects, also it happends i'm alone with my mother so far, since my older brother and sister all went in appartement 1 month ago and my dad is at a trip for his work, i'm completly alone with my mommy so i have to clean the house and do all the work my dad was making etc..

so yeah, i'm rarely in front of the computer...

But, right now all the spells, items, levels have been writed down. So, just need to work on the map...

wich I haven't caused to all the reasons above.

But, don't worry, Has soon my internet is back, I will do a working madness yo catch up the time I have lose.

{EDIT}
My internet is back.. but apparently I'm in a ''no fealling'' to continue Goblin's Tale so far.. (don't worry I wont drop it XD)

But! i'm helping right now Debode for his epic Project called Leader Of The pack!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/leader-of-the-pack-139514/

I worked the last 3 days on it, and theres some interresting news that will come as soon as debode will be back. :D

Today I can't work on Goblin's Tale but maybe this week ;D

{EDIT 2}
I'm making something really simple, less than 20 items, 5 classes and 4 spell each.. 12 levels.. with hard work it could be done in 2 weeks

oh yeah I forgot to tell..

This is no more valide..

The Map will include 34 items. + murlocs wave drops

Still 12 levels.

But with all the new system and Stuff i'm adding.. it wont take 2 weeks to make xD if you were to dumb to understand.

I think I will have you on my back for a while than.

Damit, I will work on the project this week-end.. (I'm terrible with my fans >< i'm sorry)

:3

Goblin's Tale is still up, it just, ....aawwhh.... I shall finish the texture for the texturing competition first, a than the icons for the pheonix competition, and than I will work on Goblin's Tale. (Without forgeting the fact I have homeworks to do D:)

{EDIT}
-bump-

The icons for the pheonix competition are done.. I don't know if i'm going to finish my skin for the Texturing competition, will see.

I will release soon the Hero's abilitys.

Welcome back Gamecrafter!

for the ability release, that will wait a bit.. cause by homeworks, and competitions xD

Tought I can give you the spell of the SamuraÏ :D

-Ying and Yang aura = Gives + armor to the allis, gives – armor to the enemis.

-Ancestor’s Wisdom = When used, the samurai gets + agility, + Strength, + mana, + life for 20 seconds. (Also summons 4 different small animals that represent each ancestors)

-life = deer or butterfly
-agility = fox or frog
-strength = panda or boar
-mana = bird or frog or howl

-Samurai’s Spirit: Gives to your allis + attack speed, + armor (works like a roar).

Status
Not open for further replies.