• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GoblinHammerheadSubmarine

It's the model entry for the contest. I figured I'd upload it since everyone else seems to do it. It's a goblin submarine.

Kellym0 helped me out with animations. It's pretty cool imo.
It's pretty spiffy looking ingame. Not much more to say about it.

I may make an alternate portrait later on. But no time now.

Enjoy.

Keywords:
Goblin, Submarine, Death from below, Torpedos, Lurking
Contents

GoblinHammerheadSubmarine (Model)

Reviews
14:08, 12th Aug 2014 Misha: Looks like i can approve this, since the contest ended. useful :)

M

14:08, 12th Aug 2014
Misha: Looks like i can approve this, since the contest ended. useful :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
While I agree this is awexome, I kinda wish contestants would avoid putting up their model to the resource section before at least the end of the deadline. :<

That being said, this is a really excellent resource, MiniMage. Your long practice with mechs, Goblins & especially the Tinker Tank texture really show here. The wrap is solid, the mesh is nice and defined (love the "hammerhead" bit); it's got a real "shark" vibe, very sleek and predatory.

The goblin on top... Well he's not my favorite, but it is your style, and it really helps sell the Morph animation to have him go under & close the hatch. :p Speaking of which, love the Morph & Alternate animations; the cute little periscope looking around is just great.

Attack, Walk, Death, Alternates... All in all, a great package, a useful resource, and a definite contender. Good luck!

Level 9
Excellent use of team color And good animations nothing spectacular, it just reuses some small edited water animations and pushes the model a lot, Smooth Morphing and Editing though 4/5

Level 6
well this model is just amazing (specialy the particles) but i think the death animation is a bit weird since the goblin just stands there while the submarine sinks o_0

Level 26
well this model is just amazing (specialy the particles) but i think the death animation is a bit weird since the goblin just stands there while the submarine sinks o_0

Well, you could

A) Assume the goblin is going down with its ship.
B) Use it with the rubber ducky goblin I made and assume he had a
floatation device that took some time to deploy.

Each of em works.