• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

goblin invasion

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
this is my very first real map. i turned the humans into a mixture of kobolds,dwarves,and goblins.

features: humans are completely redone. night elves have four new units. the center of the map has a huge creep camp with two extra mines making it sort of a king of the hill type map. creep camps are hiding in the forest willing to give extra stuff for their heads!

known bugs: if you play this by your self you need to be humans. if your not humans. the computer will only train goblin peasants. i can not fix this because i can`t program. and you can build an infinite amount of heros as long as you have the food to

you can only be humans or nightelves,

my brother made the custom nightelf units

update: a lot of stags have begone. to make up for the sea of trees there are now a ton of creep camps hiding in there. and there are two shops at each corner of the forest. and yes i know the ground is bland but i want it to be flat.

Keywords:
goblins,nightelvs,forest,invasion,
Contents

goblin invasion (Map)

Reviews
Date: 17:24:08 25-Jul-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Rejected 1/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Rejection Reasons: Map has poor or no description! Map has low quality terrain! Useful Links: The Important...

M

Date: 17:24:08 25-Jul-12
Map Moderator: -Kobas-
Map Status: Rejected 1/5
Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message!

Rejection Reasons:
Map has poor or no description!
Map has low quality terrain!

Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section.
Got any Requests (Terrain, resources, spells, systems, loading screens...)? Make a thread in the Requests Section.
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.

Comment: Map must have nice presentation. Please improve terrain.

The terrain is too bland, add some height variation using these tools in the terrain palette:
attachment.php

Also add some terrain tile variation, by dark grass+grass tiles with rough dirt+dirt tiles, not just one part of the map dark grass and the rest dirt.

Also don't spam so many stags, it doesn't really look good.

Melee-wise, you've completely destroyed the whole concept, you need to add wider passages and not cover 90% of the map with trees (just check the blizzard melee maps), this will allow the players to early harass their enemy without being attacked by a large group of creeps.
After you've cleaned up the excessive amount of trees, add some shops, more creep camps, etc. and definitely not that many creeps at one point.
Also don't give every creep of a camp an item drop, one unit is enough.

Oh and one last important thing, melee maps always have to be symmetric!

Attachments

• height tools.JPG
    height tools.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 326
Level 2
thank you vengeance i`ll work on it and re-upload asap i will add more creeps but i like lots of trees but it will be different. also i will lower the stag population. and one more thing. tell me if there is something wrong with the units such being overpowerd-underpowerd exc,
and i will make the goblins side much wider like the night elves

the picture up there may look like the goblin pathis tiny but trust me it isn`t

Last edited: