• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Goblin Campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hey there folks! So I'm making a thread here to talk about an idea for a mod I have, as many others have though of before me I intend to move the Warcraft universe to the Starcraft II engine, obviously with my own twists and turns.

So what I'm thinking is a campaign focused on the Goblin race, I've got some basic ideas for a story and I'm working on it, ideas for units and so on is also beeing planned.

I'm a 3D modeler, mapper and 2D artist, been working with the WC3 editor so I'm quite experienced with this kind of stuff, however I'll be needing alot of help as you all might predict! So to anyone out there who believes this sounds like a good idea and wants to help out, you're most welcome to join up! Just send me a PM or hit me up on Skype ( Traggey ).

I'll be updating this post with new information, ideas and development progress to keep you all updated and let you all share ideas!

What I'm currently looking for in ways of help would be Mappers, modelers, someone who's good with triggers and is familiar with the editor, and what I absolutely need the most right now is someone who can help me out with the rigging and animating part in 3D's max, I'm new to that area and will need some pointers to get things working in Starcraft.

Thank you all in advance!
// Traggey.

To start off with I've been working on some concept for a worker unit, the Goblin Slave.

goblinslaveconcept.png

This model was originaly merely an export of a WoW model, it has been heavily modified to fit Starcraft II standards
and has an entirely custom-made texture, the shirt will be team coloured.

rod___goblin_slave_model_by_traggey-d36iiog.png

Quick update, drew a fast concept of what I had in mind as the Goblin supplies building, this is the Goblin Silo!

goblinsiloconcept.png

Today I made the model for the Silo! I'm thinking of where to put the team colour, it'll most likely be the lid ontop of the silo.

goblinsilorender.png

Success! I have started on a very basic storyline which I'm rather fond of this far, I've also though of a suiting name for the campaign so here we go, Dam Dum Daaaam~ Return of Deepblood, Deepblood beeing the campaigns main villian.

rod___revenge_of_deepblood_by_traggey-d36d8bk.png

Alright, so I've done some more modeling and been working on getting them functioning into the editor.

These are some random destroyed pillars I intend to use for a Naga ruins tileset
, however I can't seem to get bump and specular maps working,
technicly they should be working, but I simply can not see them in-game. I'm also having problems getting
collision working properly.. *sigh* So many questions! So if anyone out there might have any ideas or could check it out
that'd be awesome! :3

nagapillarsshowoff.png

*Sigh* So after alot of sweat and tears I'm finally starting to get things to show up properly! Yay! Working on some ground tiles now, got some problems with the texture blending on those but I should figure that one out shortly! I have yet to rig and animate the character models, as I still don't really know how to do this for SC2, it'll be a while.

rendersproperly.png

Last edited:
Level 20
The Starcraft II engine is supperior in every way, that's why. :3

The Warcraft III engine would not alow detail anywhere near this level graphics whise and I'd like my compaign to look as good as I can make it! Also the new editor alowes us to do so much than Warcraft III does.

Status
Not open for further replies.