• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to create a self sufficient nuclear silo that may launch nukes with no reqs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I wish to create a nuclear silo that is completely self sufficient and may launch nukes to anywhere on the map.

This means that the nuclear silo itself would have a nuclear launch skill, which will launch a missile out if itself when used.

So far what I did is the following:
  • Duplicated the ghost unit.
  • Changed this unit's name to nuclear silo.
  • Duplicated Ghost Academy's actor and set it to nuclear silo.
  • (Now nuclear silo looks like a ghost academy and has a ghost's skillset).
  • Modified nuclear strike ability to have a range of 500.
  • Removed the requirement of "Have Nuke" from nuclear strike ability.
  • Duplicated the ability of Ghost Academy Arm Magazine (Nuke) and granted it to Nuclear Silo.

Now I may try to cast the spell with no nuke, however, when I do so it says "No Calldowns available".

What gives?

I'm new to starcraft 2's map editor, and so far it seems a lot less intuitive than warcraft 3's. Maybe I just don't get the design scheme.

Level 3
I'm not exactly sure, but what if you grab the Ghost Academy, you give that structure the Ghost's ability to shoot Nukes, but with large range.

I belive you have to have the missile to launch it. So maybe set the missile price for free, and automatically build another once the previous missile was launched.

I'm not sure if you are trying to launch a missile one after the other one, or just have a system similar to C&C, where you wait for the missile to load and the bum you fire.

Level 9
In the Nuclear Strike Ability, change all effects that it has listed as Ghost - Nuke (Calldown) to Ghost - Nuke (Persistent)
Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, set the Expire Effect on Ghost - Nuke Persistent to None instead of Suicide.

Yeah you're creating a struggle when you simply disable the "Requires Nuke" in facility requirement. Seeing as how a calldown uses something another unit, bank or trigger is storing, simply disabling the requirements for the calldown won't do. You need to actually produce the calldown unit somehow. Be with triggers or unit data, is your choice.

Level 2
I used a trigger to periodically add nukes to the nuclear silo, now when I use the nuclear strike ability, it no longer complains about lack of calldowns.

However, after I target with it, nothing happens. What's going on?

Level 2
I want to actaully see the nuke coming out of the silo and impacting the ground and exploding into the giant mushroom cloud, so the odin's skill isn't sufficient.

here is the map, it is very simple since I am only testing the nuke.

Attachments

• nuclear.SC2Map
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.