• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[SC2MAP] - Raven Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Currently I'm still planning the map out and working on the terrain but the idea of the map would be to use a Raven to defend your team's Command Center against waves of attacking Zerg forces, currently I plan it to be a 1-8 play map (solo being extremely difficult more than likely.)

I'm also thinking of possibly having several different styles of Raven to choose from at the start, each different style would have a different kind of Auto-Turret it may deploy. Such as a slow long-range turret, a siege turret, ect.

This is about all the information I have for the map at the moment, but I would appreciate some feedback/criticism/ideas of how this map feels just from a basic description :) I'll be posting more information as I continue to work on the map, but I've only just begun on it as I got the idea at about 11pm last night lol.

Level 1
Looks amazing until now, but erm will the waves be like air units or ground units. Will you be able to drop diffrent mines out from what raven you have? Or like be able to choose what turret and mine you want etc.

Level 11
I'm thinking that more than likely it will be a continuous stream of attackers, steadily getting harder. Such as level 1 would be just Zerglings, level 2 might start including Roaches, ect.

I'm not sure about air units, I might make a rare air unit spawn occasionally that you may have to use the Raven's Seeker Missile to destroy.

I want to try and see if I can make several kinds of turrets, such as the regular Auto-turret, a siege turret, a sniper turret, you get it.

Level 5
I'm thinking that more than likely it will be a continuous stream of attackers, steadily getting harder. Such as level 1 would be just Zerglings, level 2 might start including Roaches, ect.

I'm not sure about air units, I might make a rare air unit spawn occasionally that you may have to use the Raven's Seeker Missile to destroy.

I want to try and see if I can make several kinds of turrets, such as the regular Auto-turret, a siege turret, a sniper turret, you get it.

The seeker missile tends to be a more useful counter to large groups of units with 100 or less health. Fliers have a tendency to move fast enough to get out of range. The standard auto turret can actually hit air on its own.

Level 11
The seeker missile tends to be a more useful counter to large groups of units with 100 or less health. Fliers have a tendency to move fast enough to get out of range. The standard auto turret can actually hit air on its own.

Not really a discussion about the Raven itself as a unit, more of how to use it in a TD type of map as the base unit for defense.

Level 1
I think it is very ok...

I used to watch some tvz game replay and the t player use Raven + marine

and when i saw the way he uses raven...

it's just like playing TD.. lol

Level 5
I think it is very ok...

I used to watch some tvz game replay and the t player use Raven + marine

and when i saw the way he uses raven...

it's just like playing TD.. lol

And for good reason. The Raven's auto turret has high health, building type armor, and a timed life. It's usually more efficient for players to simply move away or target something else, since targeting the turret is a waste of DPS. That's why it's such a great harassment tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.