• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Global Warming - Our Fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I don't believe in God nor do I care if a/many god/gods exist, and we will all die one day (happy thoughts) and ya humans are stupid (Selfish creatures) We are the new improved (dumber though) immune parasites! (We can only wipe ourselves out). Lets cut the cheese like the cows and we all will be happy... in heaven if there is a heaven. Yes I do think we did this. (Wow am i cynical, I love happy thoughts)

Level 7
I was only using God in the begging post theoretically. I'm not saying there is one if that's what your implying I just needed an example and that came into my head first. combating-global-warming-map.jpg

What-is-global-warming-img.jpg

Em!

Em!

Level 25
What a boring conversation, global warming pfft, worse case scenario, if it starts killing us off then we´d deserve it anyway but its a long way for that too happen so let those white coats worry about it for now and act upon it when called too, until then theres little we can do or would do except pointlessly whining about it.

Anyway if the worst should happen we´d probably build underground cities and let a bunch of robots take over the world and then we´d just dream while they harvest us for batteries, who cares!

Level 27
I heard its normal, the earth heathens.. warms up.. ice age thingy. Very warm periods etc.

They say its not our fault, its just a normal event. But it could be that we are speeding it up a little.. or we are just destroying the ozone layer..

Agh who cares we will all die of cancer anyway ^^

Level 21
we are heavily contributing. And no matter what yiou say, you can't deny our contribution (heavy :p).

and you know this because you have personally read up evidence...

look at the many many surveys done concerning the human output of CO2. what you find is that humans have put out a very small percentage of CO2 compared to natual occurences. now before you say "yeh but it still makes a difference!" well stop and think for a second; volcanes give out more CO2 than anything else on earth, over 1,000,000x more CO2 than we give out. however volcanoes are not predictable, the amount of CO2 they give out varies, constantly. and its not just volcanoes that give out alot more CO2 than us. yet the planet, despite changing conditions naturally, has changed as expected over the last 10,000 years, especially since we are on the back of an ice age. not only that but you will find throughout history that there are periods of calm, followed by sudden periods of mass climate change.

something people should remember is that the planet has never had a really long period of calm, and the only reason animals evolve/adapt (if you believe in evolution) is because of these changes. the world may well be changing again now but we should expect this. its as if humans have come to believe that just becuase they are here everything should remain perfect but it wont. there is going to be some global catastrophy at some point, and if it is an increase in global temperature then so be it. but there is nothing we can do to prevent it or accellerate it. what will happen cannot be controlled by humans, perhaps we forget just how big the world is.

Level 11
but it won't hit us in like a few seconds, it will take decades, possible centuries or more for a catostrohpic change. But relative to the life of a planet... that's nothing.

Level 7
Save the polar bears! Save the ice caps! Recycle! If the north pole melts, where will Santa work (lol)?!

MYTH: Even if global warming is a problem, addressing it will hurt American industry and workers.

FACT: A well designed trading program will harness American ingenuity to decrease heat-trapping pollution cost-effectively, jumpstarting a new carbon economy.

Claims that fighting global warming will cripple the economy and cost hundreds of thousands of jobs are unfounded. In fact, companies that are already reducing their heat-trapping emissions have discovered that cutting pollution can save money. The cost of a comprehensive national greenhouse gas reduction program will depend on the precise emissions targets, the timing for the reductions and the means of implementation. An independent MIT study found that a modest cap-and-trade system would cost less than $20 per household annually and have no negative impact on employment.

Experience has shown that properly designed emissions trading programs can reduce compliance costs significantly compared with other regulatory approaches. For example, the U.S. acid rain program reduced sulfur dioxide emissions by more than 30 percent from 1990 levels and cost industry a fraction of what the government originally estimated, according to EPA. Furthermore, a mandatory cap on emissions could spur technological innovation that could create jobs and wealth. Letting global warming continue until we are forced to address it on an emergency basis could disrupt and severely damage our economy. It is far wiser and more cost-effective to act now.

Level 14
I do not believe in global warming. Because they stop mentioning it in winter when it snows and gets below freezing because it throws off the whole theory.

But when its summer when you know its getting hot there right back on to it.
They have used global warming to raise taxs,Gas prices, They keep us on a chain with it because like in winter when they can't use global warming as a excuse They bring up something that didn't matter before but they get everyone off there backs and rasie things again. Really if global warming was real we would have stopped it by now, its all to hide corruption.

The earth runs in cycles it gets hot and it get cold.

Anyway thats what i think.

did happen, that would take several hundreds, if not thousands of years. Its not like the temperature would spike magically from the average now to 170 degrees, nor in a short time, given that the cause is greenhouse gases.

but it won't hit us in like a few seconds, it will take decades, possible centuries or more for a catostrohpic change. But relative to the life of a planet... that's nothing.

See any resemblance?

Level 27
humans are stupid (Selfish creatures)
I think that selfish people say this. Not everybody is selfish, and not every action has a selfish root.
We are the new improved (dumber though) immune parasites!
Any animal that eats another animal is a parasite?
(We can only wipe ourselves out).
Our birthrate far surpasses our death rate. Do you have any idea how hard it is to kill everybody?!
look at the many many surveys done concerning the human output of CO2. what you find is that humans have put out a very small percentage of CO2 compared to natual occurences. now before you say "yeh but it still makes a difference!" well stop and think for a second; volcanes give out more CO2 than anything else on earth, over 1,000,000x more CO2 than we give out. however volcanoes are not predictable, the amount of CO2 they give out varies, constantly. and its not just volcanoes that give out alot more CO2 than us. yet the planet, despite changing conditions naturally, has changed as expected over the last 10,000 years, especially since we are on the back of an ice age.
Carbon dioxide only takes up a small percentage of atmosphere, yet it changes the temperature of our planet adversely. You'd be surprised how much very small percentages can change things.
its as if humans have come to believe that just becuase they are here everything should remain perfect but it wont. there is going to be some global catastrophy at some point, and if it is an increase in global temperature then so be it. but there is nothing we can do to prevent it or accellerate it. what will happen cannot be controlled by humans, perhaps we forget just how big the world is.
I don't see the other organism that can fight the forces of nature.
See any resemblance?
Point being?

Level 11
yeah i was talking "a" catosophy not "the" global warming catostrophe. Since when did global warming connect to gas prices and taxes? It's called the war in the middle east where most our fossile fuels are taken from. Taxes is jus t usually cause war or some other dumb thing your respective country decides on.

Yeah i used to say "how could sucha small decimal change make a big dif" but after actually learning about it from someone educated about it(unlike elfsilver lol) I realised that it has a HUGE impact. Think Venus has around 10% C0^2 and look at a picture of it, pure cloud cover, highest temp in the solar system other than the sun herself. and it's constantly rising there because of the "Run away Greenhouse effect"

also they don't mention it in the winter? back it up, oh yeah back it up... your claim that is.
i've had about 20+ raines since winter started... cmon wtf there has to be something wrong, i never seen a rain during winter till I was like 12-13

Level 18
Can we get one thing straight. Scientists do not agree on global warming.
The only scientists who say HUMANS are to BLAME are the scientists hired by the UN.

ALMOST EVERY other scientist that has done external research private and public have come to the conclusion of human global warming = BS.

So the next person who says modern science proves global warming is in some high school science class and their teacher is feeding them the lies they were told to feed, so people begin to stop using fossil fuels.
FEAR works the best to bring change!

Hakeem said:
Our birthrate far surpasses our death rate. Do you have any idea how hard it is to kill everybody?!
Not everywhere, not everywhere.

HINDYhat said:
Then let's just all slack off and forget whatever all of the scientists say.
You mean that scientists almost all say Global Warming is a myth unless paid to say otherwise?

Level 5
Global warming, what’s your point of view on it? Do you believe it’s our own fault? Or is it “God” doing this? :eekani:

Think about it – God can do many things. The dinosaurs might of died from God’s doing, thinking they were imperfect. Now, with our intelligence, we’ve found out many of the reason’s why the dinosaurs have died. Now, little by little He may be taking away the Ozone layer, trying to make us think it is our own faults.
Slowly He could be doing this trying to kill us, thinking again, we are imperfect, and he’ll start all over again with a new creation. So tell me, what do you think is happening with global warming? Our own faults? Or some other being?

Please note: I was using God as an example. It doesn't necessarily have to be Him. It could be something else. But truely, what is your aspect on Global Warming (can be used as G.W.)?

I honestly doubt in the existence of any god. And there is probably other intelligent lifeforms out there who are way more intelligent than us. Anyhow Thanks god its created by humans. at least we stand a chance of repair it before its too late. Don't we owe earth that much after all?

Level 5

Only in the Developing country thought.
But because of better health and food their population growing faster than never before. But imagine if the temperature increases so much that Freshwater becomes rare. on this point is China is a superpower and they may not manage to supply their population with water. that may start the WW3 which will obviously be a nuclear war, which can exiting not only the humans but the whole life on earth.

I'm not saying that this is going to happened, hopefully not! but GW is not something we can underestimate. And we have enough nukes to destroy the earth several times.:nw::nw:

-sorry if my English is had to read-

Level 7
The only scientists who say HUMANS are to BLAME are the scientists hired by the UN.

yea, lol. really, i think we keep getting lost off-topic. It seems we're talking moer about each other's opinions then our own.

I honestly doubt in the existence of any god. And there is probably other intelligent lifeforms out there who are way more intelligent than us. Anyhow Thanks god its created by humans. at least we stand a chance of repair it before its too late. Don't we owe earth that much after all?

if you had read it clearly, i said i only used God as an example.

Level 5
I know you wrote that, but why not edit it into what the opposing scientist says? I think all agree that its not god who wants to get rid of us.

But fine I don't think you are allowed to speak about religion.
So lets talk about global warming ;)

Level 19
Global warming, what’s your point of view on it? Do you believe it’s our own fault? Or is it “God” doing this? :eekani:

Think about it – God can do many things. The dinosaurs might of died from God’s doing, thinking they were imperfect. Now, with our intelligence, we’ve found out many of the reason’s why the dinosaurs have died. Now, little by little He may be taking away the Ozone layer, trying to make us think it is our own faults.
Slowly He could be doing this trying to kill us, thinking again, we are imperfect, and he’ll start all over again with a new creation. So tell me, what do you think is happening with global warming? Our own faults? Or some other being?

Please note: I was using God as an example. It doesn't necessarily have to be Him. It could be something else. But truely, what is your aspect on Global Warming (can be used as G.W.)?

we was talking about this in college the other week.

I came up with this:

Mother Nature is simply fighting back at us due to the high amount of oil drainning and chopping down trees.

She's simply fed up of us destroying this wonderful planet.

Polution is the main issue.

America
China
Russia
etc

Everyone does their fair part to this issue.

Level 11

ALMOST EVERY other scientist that has done external research private and public have come to the conclusion of human global warming = BS.

So the next person who says modern science proves global warming is in some high school science class and their teacher is feeding them the lies they were told to feed, so people begin to stop using fossil fuels.
FEAR works the best to bring change!

wtf are you talking about?! Yes, all scientists don't agree, but most do agree that global warming is being majorly affected by Humans. Or else Al Gore (WHO IS NOT HIRED BY THE UN) wouldn't have gotten a crap load of awards for his movie, ppl don't get awards for false info, on a non-fiction documentary.

Also the main team who started the reasearch for humans doing so much damage to global warming ,was American researchers, before the UN ever was brought goether( i think, i don't know alot about them) which was in the 80's.

Besides what would countries gain from not using fossile fuels? economy would go down because of gas not being bought as much.

Level 27
Not everywhere, not everywhere.
Fair enough.
Only in the Developing country thought.
But because of better health and food their population growing faster than never before.
Not true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_birth_rate

Wait, Sansui, are you sure? (And I mean human birth rate.)
Maybe you should increase the font size so we wont keep getting people trying to jump on the God debate.
I think all agree that its not god who wants to get rid of us.
I'm not so sure about that.

Level 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karouk View Post
Maybe you should increase the font size so we wont keep getting people trying to jump on the God debate.

Good idea... Don't see why people just don't read though sometimes...

EDIT: Done... Hope that helps the people whom do not read...

Level 5
Not true.
Population_growth_rate_world.PNG

it is, according to this! maybe checking the right facts? The population in the west are not going fast upwards. its going slowly downwards and its indeed TRUE!
and most of the blue I-land has + population only because of immigration by the way.

And you maybe got me wrong. People in the west live longer but make less children, how many people do you know with 3 children who is not your grandparents?

About the god issue: I was taking about the scientist.
I agree that there are probably some fundamentals who thinks it god's willing

Last edited:
And you maybe got me wrong. People in the west live longer but make less children, how many people do you know with 3 children who is not your grandparents?

Not entirely true. Because families are richer, parents who like kids make a lot of them, but can afford to support them all. Like there's this family in my grade at school who has 8 kids; one every two years. And there's another family that has 6 girls, and all of their names start with the same letter. (How stupid.)

Level 11
I kinda always liked the one letter thing. Granfather was Ray, uncle is RJ, other uncle is Ronnie, cousin is Ronnie Jr, Dad is Randy, and i'm Ryan(first not to be a junior rly and i'm freaking glad randy is a shit name.) Sadly i know no more non-fanatasy "R" names that sound good... but back to the problem at hand.

that graph i disagree with on north america, notice how most the ppl with lots of kids are Africans, well most African-Americans have alot of kids too, so ecspecially near florida, where black population is high, it would be lighter color then that blue. Probly an American who made that chart.

Also has anone else even seen inconveinient truth?

Level 36
I don't think its human caused at all, it could be natural if you ask me. The Earth still produces more carbon than we do, so, though we have contributed to the warming of our Earth, it could be part of some far larger process that has been happening (very slowly) for thousands of years.

Remember that the Earth in the time of the dinosaurs was tropical. Vast jungles covered the Earth, with a very hot humid climate in place. All that changed with the ice ages, but perhaps that's where we are headed again, to tropical paradise.

It's all fine and great that we make an effort to reduce our impact on the Earth, but I don't think we are completely responsible for the change in climate the Earth is experiencing.

Level 27
The graphs you posted show that third world countries are growing faster than developed countries. Which is what you said the I was disputing.

The fact remains: our population is growing, so we must be doing something right, contrary to pessimist belief.

Level 11
growing out of control, and we will run out of food, so maybe global warming is a good thing. It should kill all the poor people of the world with poor shelter, not saying i have anything against them, but the fact is our birthrate is way higher than death. The Earth can only hold so many. So we need bloodier wars(not just occupations and not by u.s we have spent enough money on war) and more natural disastors. Maybe a super badie will cause all majority of the mountains in the world to erupt, speeding up global warming and killing millions.

Level 9
growing out of control, and we will run out of food, so maybe global warming is a good thing. It should kill all the poor people of the world with poor shelter, not saying i have anything against them, but the fact is our birthrate is way higher than death. The Earth can only hold so many. So we need bloodier wars(not just occupations and not by u.s we have spent enough money on war) and more natural disasters. Maybe a super baddie will cause all majority of the mountains in the world to erupt, speeding up global warming and killing millions.

Actually, global genocide is a real possibility. All it would take is only genetically engineered, airborne virus, immune to all current antibiotics, and most of the human population will die.
Or, an engineered virus that makes us sterile, although I would go for the former choice.

Level 11
this I know, but that would kill too many people for my likings lol, not enough gamers then. Maybe stop all flights and surround africa, south america, and china with a fence and send millions of killer rabbits, that will quickly multiply eat all flesh(and carrots they can find) then fart so much that global warming will be a current threat instead of a future threat, and ta-da human population would be dwindled by alot. Also maybe india, all them together would be like 4-5/6 of the worlds population.

THW members would have to start a company in somewhere remote, that will us to live in peace playing blizzard games, which we would save most blizzard employees to make games, and force them to make wc4... ASAP but not to the point where they rush and make it gay.

Level 21
America's fault for over 20%...

assuming you mean america outputs 20% of the worlds CO2 then this obviously makes sense doesnt it? the american lifestyle uses so much carbon and seeing as america is large and has so many people living that lifestyle im not surprised to 20%. infact i would have guessed more, i should thank canada, china and australia arent far behind america. if you took a small european country was the size of america it would probably have the largest percentage. its all proportional. if you were to take carbon output per person, per sqaure mile of land, it would probably be a european country or maybe japan with the highest output, with places like canada and autralia being right at the bottom of the list, because although there output is high, its only high because there are so many people there living a high carbon lifestyle in such a large peice of land.

Level 11
Americais like the only one cutting back on it, going with hybrids, making extreme laws that are hurting companies everywhere that they have to produce less polution. My dad works for the Mack/volvo powertrain company and 2008 diesel engines are now producing less polution than ever(state enforced) and alot of old engines are being recycled.

America has a high percentage because it is one of the largest/wealthiest countries in the world. I know there is alot of poor people but most countries ppl have to walk or ride bikes, but here almost everyone above 15 has a car(i'm the exception, FUCKERS!!!)

China has lots of factories, so thats where their C0^2 comes from. Hardly anyone uses cars there, too many people to drive xD.

But like GST said, if you went by square mile in any give country, America, would be on the bottom of the list of top producers(unless you took the square mile of sanfrancisco, on the mountains driving there ,all you see is like black sky above it, i wanna know how they make it looks so good on tv when you see like the golden gate bridge, or the bay bridge.)

Status
Not open for further replies.