1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

General Questions

Discussion in 'Scars of Conflict' started by Linaze, May 9, 2011.

1. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ... well let's hope you guys fix this problem soon.

2. Khanh

Khanh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm dying waiting.

3. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is Mr. Goblin back?

4. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As far as I'm aware: Sort of. He said he'll stay until the BETA is released, and then leave not to return for quite some time.

5. Anglo Warior

Anglo Warior

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey SoC Team,
    When are you guys going to do the human tech trees, aswell ast the first map that you can play as humans.

6. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, currently progress is halted. We'd like to finish the Orcs before anything else, though. And for that, all that is needed is a little bit of testing around with the Catapult, as well as some new SFX models.
    But, unfortunately, we are all busy with all sorts of stuff. So... There's no ETA. Hopefully soon.

7. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How about some pretty screenshots?

8. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Of what?
    There's not really much to show. :(
    I could upload some screenshots of actual gameplay, sure, but it's nothing that you've never seen before. It's all of the models in our gallery, plus the terrain from the previous Developer's Blog.

9. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is it likely that you would release a Beta version of this only with Orcs as the available race? I mean, I think its a great start to let people see the orc vs. orc demo, also mirror matches are very often, so if there are rebalancing and bugs needed to be solve, I think the beta should do the trick.

10. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes; That is what we're currently striving for. I can't give you an ETA because we're all busy with all sorts of stuff. All that needs to be done, though, is a bit of re-thinking for the Catapult(it's nearly useless, seeing how we already have Ogre Maulers, Juggernaughts, Goblin Sappers and, to a smaller extent, Goblin Aces to be effective against buildings).
    Also, I've got to finish some SFX, and I'm being slightly lazy about it. I'm working on two other models at the moment as well, so at any rate, I'm not going to finish it all up this week.
    I would gladly try and get a video of the actual gameplay in SoC if you guys want it. Maybe even a replay. With screenshots and stuff. Would that be good? It'll be hard to find players who are both willing to play and are good players, though. I'd love to get Wazzz and Linaze to play. We'll see how it all goes.

11. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I had a similar problem with the Catapult and Ballista. I ended up scrapping them for Tier 2 amphibious siege units with a secondary passive abilities. Just a thought.

12. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That would be very cool indeed, seeing first ingame player vs. player battle goes.

13. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Me, Kam and NFWar had an awesome, 2-hour long game yesterday. My best game as of yet, I think. The replay is literally two hour long, though, so I'm not sure if anyone would like to watch it. And you need the map anyways, soo...

I guess me and Kam could upload the screenshots. Maybe make a video with the best, most intense parts of the replay? Does that sound good? Might just ask Vengeancekael, he's good with this kind of shit.

14. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I took a few.

Attached Files:

15. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kam, really good job on taking screenies, pretty awesome indeed.

A replay with intense scenes are gonna be awesome! Just keep the video length maybe 3-5 minutes. :ogre_haosis:

16. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've asked VKael to make that video we were talking about. It should be here in a week or a bit less(or a bit more). Also, here's some more screenshots:

Attached Files:

17. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    if you still search for good players, iam in !

18. Anglo Warior

Anglo Warior

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey about naval combat...
    because you brought back the war turtle are you going to bring back the gnomish submarine for the alliance?

19. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Most likely not. We had a lot of people asking us this kind of question in the old SoC thread; The short answer is, no.

The long answer is: Scars of Conflict is not a WarCraft II recreation\clone. It's based in the same lore and timeline as WC2, but the gameplay is different and most units are different. Even if some unit is 'coming back' from WC2, he won't be a clone of it, and, in fact, will be a different unit in at least one way. For instance: Grunts have the Battle Roar ability and War Turtles cannot submerge. Instad, War Turtles can walk on land, and have the "Disabling Shot" attack, which lowers the attack damage and armor of an enemy mechanical unit. The Alliance navy will probably consist of the Human Transport, Elven Frigate, Dwarven Engineering Ship and Human Flagship. That's what I had in mind, either way; Everything is subject to change, and it's not really guranteed that we ARE going to make the Alliance.

20. Anglo Warior

Anglo Warior

Resources:
    Resources:
    woah that sounds cool, can't wait to see it!