• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game Engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I think he means things like (example; they damn cost alot & need in-person stuff so only for big companys) the Havok Engine, or the Unreal Tournment 3 Engine.

Sorry, I do not know of any. Maybe Gary's Mod (its approx. $10 @ steam, which is the only way of getting it + its downloaded).

Level 25
Garrys mod is a mod to Half-life 2... The creator stated that he would NEVER charge the mod for money ;)

So Half-Life 2 would be the one thing you would want if you want to mod that..
Otherwise, I don't know.

Level 13
I think he means things like (example; they damn cost alot & need in-person stuff so only for big companys) the Havok Engine, or the Unreal Tournment 3 Engine.

Sorry, I do not know of any. Maybe Gary's Mod (its approx. $10 @ steam, which is the only way of getting it + its downloaded).
1. Havok is a physics engine I think.
2. It's Unreal Engine 3, not Unreal Tournament 3 engine.
3. Garry's Mod is a MOD not a game engine! The engine is the Source Engine.

Level 17
Unreal Engine 3? Are you fucking insane?

What are you making, Gears of war 3? And no actually, i think he means Free Engines. There is no decent "Free" Engine. And either way they are all as complicated as hell.

Seeing as that you dont know this yourself without asking, i am presuming you dont know much about actually making a game using an engine. It is VEERRYYY difficult to make even the simplist of games. So unless your prepared to devote your entire day to it for a long while to learn, dont bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.